What's new

Announcing Cactus Kava!

CactusKava

Phoenix, AZ
Kava Vendor
Hello, fellow Kava Forums members and lurkers!

This is your pal, @Runding , and I'm very excited to announce that I've been working hard for the past few months to bring excellent, noble products to your doorstep. We live in Phoenix, so naturally this new venture of mine is called Cactus Kava, located at www.cactuskava.com

It's a big responsibility to supply the best kava possible, so it's something that we take very seriously. As such, I've worked closely with @Deleted User to come up with suppliers that can consistently deliver the best root that should do the trick. Everything we sell is 100% noble, guaranteed -- no questions asked.

Want a TrueKava Certificate of Analysis? No problem; each product has its COA linked in the product description, so you don't have to wonder if you'll waste your money.

One thing that might be confusing is our naming conventions. Currently, our kava is sourced from Vanuatu, but we do have a unique, never sold previously (as far as I can tell) Tongan coming in soon. We liked the names we picked for our products because they mean something that aligns with how we feel -- regardless of the language we used for the name.

'Ono is my favorite primarily daytime kava we have in stock, while 'Eva is my favorite night-time treat. Malolo is my go-to for a relaxing, no frills kind of time. In the next few weeks, I'll be announcing a few new kavas as well -- so please voice your opinions to let us know what we should keep in stock. Also, we offer free kava strainers rated at 75 microns with each order of medium-grind kava. I'm hoping newbies that have been afraid of traditional prep will try to take the plunge. We also have easy to follow instructions on our site AND product labeling.

Lastly, I've setup a coupon code that the first 10 orders can use for 10% off. Use GIVEMEKAVA in the promo/coupon code section while ordering to take advantage. Once there have been 10 orders placed with it, it can no longer be used. Additionally, to get the review ball rolling, I've setup a coupon code that I'll PM to the first 10 people that review our kava in the soon to be CK sub-forum for an additional 10% off.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Last edited:
D

Deleted User01

@Runding and @CactusKava, congratulations. ::awesomesmiles:: May the Gods of Kava bestow appropriate riches all over your body (and bank account). It sounds like you have gone the extra mile and I'm looking forward to hearing more about your products. And in Phoenix no less. Ya know, that's a long way from the Tropics. :LOL: A testimonial to your hard work in getting the right product mix.

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
Congrats and may you have many days of too many orders!

I got the first product qt for you. I know of only two vendors currently able to do this, but have you been able to make your micronized kava makas free?

Thanks!

CactusKava

Phoenix, AZ
Kava Vendor
Congrats and may you have many days of too many orders!

I got the first product qt for you. I know of only two vendors currently able to do this, but have you been able to make your micronized kava makas free?

Thanks!
Unfortunately, I can't guarantee makas free, but can tell you our micronized versions have particulates only below 100 microns. Much smaller particulates than your usual kava strainers.

nathaniel.adkisson

Kava Enthusiast
Hello, fellow Kava Forums members and lurkers!

This is your pal, @Runding , and I'm very excited to announce that I've been working hard for the past few months to bring excellent, noble products to your doorstep. We live in Phoenix, so naturally this new venture of mine is called Cactus Kava, located at www.cactuskava.com

It's a big responsibility to supply the best kava possible, so it's something that we take very seriously. As such, I've worked closely with @Deleted User to come up with suppliers that can consistently deliver the best root that should do the trick. Everything we sell is 100% noble, guaranteed -- no questions asked.

Want a TrueKava Certificate of Analysis? No problem; each product has its COA linked in the product description, so you don't have to wonder if you'll waste your money.

One thing that might be confusing is our naming conventions. Currently, our kava is sourced from Vanuatu, but we do have a unique, never sold previously (as far as I can tell) Tongan coming in soon. We liked the names we picked for our products because they mean something that aligns with how we feel -- regardless of the language we used for the name.

'Ono is my favorite primarily daytime kava we have in stock, while 'Eva is my favorite night-time treat. Malolo is my go-to for a relaxing, no frills kind of time. In the next few weeks, I'll be announcing a few new kavas as well -- so please voice your opinions to let us know what we should keep in stock. Also, we offer free kava strainers rated at 75 microns with each order of medium-grind kava. I'm hoping newbies that have been afraid of traditional prep will try to take the plunge. We also have easy to follow instructions on our site AND product labeling.

Lastly, I've setup a coupon code that the first 10 orders can use for 10% off. Use GIVEMEKAVA in the promo/coupon code section while ordering to take advantage. Once there have been 10 orders placed with it, it can no longer be used. Additionally, to get the review ball rolling, I've setup a coupon code that I'll PM to the first 10 people that review our kava in the soon to be CK sub-forum for an additional 10% off.

Please let me know if you have any questions!
This is great I'm super excited to try your eva for bed time!!! Next order I'll pick up a pound or so from you!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
I love your website's design! Well done :)

It would be great if you added a bit more info about kava for total beginners, unless you think most of your customers will be coming from the forum anyway. Or perhaps you are working on expanding your kava faq/101 section anyway.

Just out of curiosity, if all your kavas are from Vanuatu, then why did you use Tongan words to name them? :)

CactusKava

Phoenix, AZ
Kava Vendor
I love your website's design! Well done :)

It would be great if you added a bit more info about kava for total beginners, unless you think most of your customers will be coming from the forum anyway. Or perhaps you are working on expanding your kava faq/101 section anyway.

Just out of curiosity, if all your kavas are from Vanuatu, then why did you use Tongan words to name them? :)
I'm looking to expand those sections further, but I haven't had the time quite yet :)

At first I attempted to use all bislama words, but nothing really stuck for me. The words I eventually picked looked good as packaging, they're easy to say (except for Malolo), and I liked the translations. More for marketing and brand recognition than anything else.

Thanks for the compliments!

verticity

I'm interested in things
Order placed!

Thank you for your committment to noble kava; I know that is not easy to come by from Vanuatu these days.

A couple questions:
- Your decision to name Vanuatu kavas with words from other countries is interesting, but do you know the name that the ni-Vans call the cultivars? Can you share them?
- All of them seem to have very similar chemotypes: 423165, 423156, 423615. Now I know that effects can be determined by things other than chemotypes, but are the effects of these actually significantly different? I guess I'll soon find out; I ordered one of each!

And Ono is really unfairly blamed for breaking up the Beatles and her music is... interesting; thank you for naming a kava after her.

CactusKava

Phoenix, AZ
Kava Vendor
Order placed!

Thank you for your committment to noble kava; I know that is not easy to come by from Vanuatu these days.

A couple questions:
- Your decision to name Vanuatu kavas with words from other countries is interesting, but do you know the name that the ni-Vans call the cultivars? Can you share them?
- All of them seem to have very similar chemotypes: 423165, 423156, 423615. Now I know that effects can be determined by things other than chemotypes, but are the effects of these actually significantly different? I guess I'll soon find out; I ordered one of each!

And Ono is really unfairly blamed for breaking up the Beatles and her music is... interesting; thank you for naming a kava after her.
Thanks for your order, @verticity !

1. As you're probably aware, Vanuatu is a place of mystery, and as such we're not really sure what cultivars are really coming out of the islands when they're pre-ground. That being said, no, I unfortunately can't give you a solid answer. Most of the suppliers label their kava something generic (I can't tell you how many wakas I've sorted through recently), as do mine. I've been thinking about trying to match what I've got with Dr. Lebot's studies, but I haven't had the chance to look them over yet.

2. I found that to be the most interesting part about all of this. I've learned that the face value of chemotypes has very little to do with effects. As @Deleted User stated, they're all their own animals in their own way. To help illustrate the differences:
a) I find 'Ono, as the description states, the easiest kava to drink. It's oily and smooth, and tastes fresh (as fresh as dried can be, anyways). From what I learned from the farmer, this is the stuff they sell to the Nakamals, which is why it's also my most expensive. They pay for the best, and 'Ono definitely tastes/feels the best.
b) Malolo is the everyday kava, most similar to the traditional Borogu you see. It's not a crazy I-can't-see-straight experience; it's exactly what the description states: relaxing. This is my favorite all around kava I offer.
c) 'Eva is the party animal of the group. It offers a very heady experience that'll last a while. I've had others try the three kavas, and the effects from this probably get the most comments.​

I hope that wasn't too long winded. Again, thanks for your order -- and I can't wait to see your reviews!

CactusKava

Phoenix, AZ
Kava Vendor
What do you mean Eva is the night time kava but it's very heady and the party animal ?
Hey, @Zachary , I appreciate the question. I can see how that might be confusing. Eva is probably the strongest cultivar we have right now, so I wouldn't personally use it during the day. If you're looking to get loopy, this is what you'll want.

I'll look into modifying the description to help illustrate that.