What's new

Announcing Cactus Kava!

D

Deleted User01

I just wanted to jump in and say something serious about @CactusKava. He has gone to a lot of trouble to get the best Noble kava. It is a lot of trouble and I think Mike with Kalm gave us an good example awhile back. There is a lot of crap kava out there and you have to weed it out. And @CactusKava has the same stark economic realities as all small businesses do. Do let's support him as best we can because it is in our best interests for him to succeed. And yes, there are some that cannot afford the higher priced premium kava and that's ok. Some of us buy 10 dollar bottles of wine and some of us buy 20 dollar bottles. That's life!

blindy107

Kava Lover
Yeah I get where you are coming from @CactusKava it was just sticker shock. The push for more people learning traditional prep is a great idea. A little incentive goes a long way. It's a nice addition to the few videos out there on trad prep from people like @Judd Rench and @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava that I really found useful early on.

Best of luck to you and us on this venture

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Looks good Cactus, I like to see you promoting traditional prep. and nobles.
The prices seem about standard to me, except for the fact that the most expensive one is only 5.5% KL.
Being that I'm a hard-head with a natural born high tolerance to kava, I probably won't be a regular customer,
but I support you in spirit. (y) My guess is your Vanuatu kavas are actually the same cultivar, with a different
root:stump ratio mix. Have you had any tests done from another place than TK labs, I'd be interested in seeing comparisons like that.
::kavaleaf::::tanoa::::shell::

Last edited:

CactusKava

Phoenix, AZ
Kava Vendor
Looks good Cactus, I like to see you promoting traditional prep. and nobles.
The prices seem about standard to me, except for the fact that the most expensive one is only 5.5% KL.
Being that I'm a hard-head with a natural born high tolerance to kava, I probably won't be a regular customer,
but I support you in spirit. (y) My guess is your Vanuatu kavas are actually the same cultivar, with a different
root:stump ratio mix. Have you had any tests done from another place than TK labs, I'd be interested in seeing comparisons like that.
::kavaleaf::::tanoa::::shell::
Hey @shakas , I almost didn't include the KL% on the product page itself because I was worried about people thinking it might not be strong enough. I drink the 'Ono on an almost daily basis and get exactly what I want from it. I'm of the opinion that overall KL percentage doesn't have as much as an impact on experience as we once thought. If we're only extracting 15% KLs on average anyways, I would be more concerned with how we're prepping our kava vs the percentage the kava has. Maybe @Deleted User can weigh in on this?

I haven't had testing done by anyone aside from TK quite yet. My supplier has ran a few tests with it, though. I'll see if I can get any additional documentation from him if you would like. Thanks for the comment.

@Kimmer - Be sure to let me know how you like it! Which products did you purchase? I couldn't tell from my orders thus far who's ordered what.

Kimmer

Patently irritable
I got the 'Eva and Malolo. Really stressed tonight and am packing for a wedding (drive up to Lake Superior for the rehearsal tomorrow and full day Saturday). @CactusKava, which do you recommend? I think I'm going to brew up the 'Eva (hope it's not too too heady.)

CactusKava

Phoenix, AZ
Kava Vendor
Eva is definitely more heady than Malolo, so if you don't want the headiness, go for the Malolo.

...but the Eva might make for a good time tonight :)

Megan

Kava Enthusiast
@CactusKava yay! I'm excited to see a local kava vendor. I'm in chandler so I'm sure shipping time will be minimal ;). I'll definitely be trying.

verticity

I'm interested in things
I got the 'Eva and Malolo. Really stressed tonight and am packing for a wedding ...
Totally; it's best to be heavily armed when attending weddings.

I'm liking the Ono so far. It is pleasant. It is not super strong, but it is nice. I feel happy, but not "krunked". I can feel some of that kavain ear-ringing.

CactusKava

Phoenix, AZ
Kava Vendor
@CactusKava yay! I'm excited to see a local kava vendor. I'm in chandler so I'm sure shipping time will be minimal ;). I'll definitely be trying.
Great to hear! We're up in North Phoenix. If you know any shops in the area that might want to stock some of this happy root, let me know ;-)

@verticity The Ono is really my Cuban cigar. It's smooth, easy to go down, and just all around nice. I'm glad you're enjoying it.