What's new

Announcing Cactus Kava!

CactusKava

Phoenix, AZ
Kava Vendor
Congrats! I am excited to dip in.

How do you justify the exorbitant pricing?
Ouch! Blindy coming in with the hard hitting questions. :)

I don't know if I would consider the prices exorbitant, but great kava that's guaranteed noble has a higher price point. You'll see that with nearly every TK vendor. At my current volume, I don't have the ability to dramatically lower prices like some of the bigger guys. Rest assured I'll be continually reviewing prices as I get more volume, though.

Thanks for your feedback; I really value your candor. If there's anything in particular you're concerned about, feel free to shoot me a PM.

blindy107

Kava Lover
Yeah I didn't mean to seem bitchy or anything! ::awesomesmiles::

Your top root is more than anything from @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava and he handles all aspects of the product. Whereas, I assume, you just purchase from vendors. Nothing is wrong with that at all, of course. We just don't know how it's handled prior to you getting it. I guess I don't really know Chris either. Maybe he's pooping in his fields before harvesting.

All I'm saying is I love me some kwk boronguru that's 10$ a lb less. I hope my socks are blown off and go through my wall when I drink your roots. :barefoot:

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Your top root is more than anything from @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava and he handles all aspects of the product. Whereas, I assume, you just purchase from vendors. Nothing is wrong with that at all, of course. We just don't know how it's handled prior to you getting it. I guess I don't really know Chris either. Maybe he's pooping in his fields before harvesting.
I think you kinda have a hint there in your first sentence. Chris is not subject to profit-seeking go-betweens at any steps of his process. That is an advantage when it comes to both cost and quality, but also requires land on a tropical island and years of labor and experience, so...

verticity

I'm interested in things
I think you kinda have a hint there in your first sentence. Chris is not subject to profit-seeking go-betweens at any steps of his process. That is an advantage when it comes to both cost and quality, but also requires land on a tropical island and years of labor and experience, so...
Yeah, plus, Cactus is a newcomer to the business, trying to secure guaranteed noble root from a nation recently devastated by Cyclone Pam. One would expect the prices would decrease after he establishes relationships with suppliers, and his business grows so that he is able to order greater quantities, as well as Vanuatu continuing its recovery from the recent disaster. I'm happy to help in that effort by buying his stuff...

CactusKava

Phoenix, AZ
Kava Vendor
Yeah I didn't mean to seem bitchy or anything! ::awesomesmiles::

All I'm saying is I love me some kwk boronguru that's 10$ a lb less. I hope my socks are blown off and go through my wall when I drink your roots. :barefoot:
No no no, I totally get where you were coming from. This stuff is some of the best I could find, and I include free nylon strainer bags that'll last for many, many sessions. While this might not be impressive from a veteran like yourself, I'm hoping it'll help the newbies make the jump to traditional prep when they've been scared to do so in the past. So from a value perspective, that's something most people here probably haven't factored in. I might discontinue this in the future to alleviate the price, but I don't have any plans for that just yet.

On a similar note, in a week or so I'll have some trial root on hand that'll be more in the ballpark of where you're aiming. I'll need to get labels for it, and have @Deleted User test the particular batch I get (he has already tested previous samples), so it'll probably be ready for sale within 2 weeks.

D

Deleted User01

I guess I don't really know Chris either. Maybe he's pooping in his fields before harvesting. I hope my socks are blown off and go through my wall when I drink your roots. :barefoot:
Pooping in fields, drinking someones root, and spitting in their food. All of this is very disburbing to me. I hope everyone noticed how @Kapmcrunk , threw down "Your a Wizard Harry". I was hoping he invented it so I could get him some national attention but now I see it is on the top 10 of the WiseCracker Charts and "we are late to the party". Kapm, you're such a hipster. :rolleyes: Whatever happened to "Nice Move Exlax". Or just plain old, "Wait to go Eskimo" or the simplistic "Nice One!". I guess I'm both a Wizard and an old Fogey. If anyone here wants to invent a new wise crack, let me know. I can give you layups all day long and we'll take it viral. How about, "Your Thick as a Brick Jethro". Hmmm, might be dated. :cool: