What's new

Be this guy, not 'this' guy...

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Great videos, the last one was too funny. ;) I hate to say it but my first time was like the last video too. :confused:Much love. Roaddog....

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
I think that's a traditional approach to drinking the grog. Spit out the gritty stuff after you chug the good stuff. Must have been a powerful grog he had something to say about it ::zilla::

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
I think that's a traditional approach to drinking the grog. Spit out the gritty stuff after you chug the good stuff. Must have been a powerful grog he had something to say about it ::zilla::
I'm curious about how that in-mouth strainer technique works, :unsure:

D

Deleted User01

Shakas, you have susplaining to do. ::ricky:: I think the Namby Pamby guy is the first one. He didn't even drink all his Kava and he spit half of it out He is probably the only KavaWuss on the island. The other guy didn't even know how to spell Kava but it drank it all down. That's a good lad now. I'm giving the first one my "Namby Pamby Tuitti Fruitti here ya go Rudy" recipe. :D

And futhermore, when I first started with Kava, I would hold the kava tea under my tongue for 10 seconds to make sure I got the full effects. Then I swallowed. And that was Vanuatu Kava, the world's tastiest. To this day I still can't taste food but that's the price you pay.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
Shakas, you have susplaining to do. ::ricky:: I think the Namby Pamby guy is the first one. He didn't even drink all his Kava and he spit half of it out He is probably the only KavaWuss on the island. The other guy didn't even know how to spell Kava but it drank it all down. That's a good lad now. I'm giving the first one my "Namby Pamby Tuitti Fruitti here ya go Rudy" recipe. :D
I dunno Deleted User01, I think the 2nd guy is the biggest wuss, because someone, maybe his girlfriend was watching, expecting him to slam it down like a man. I mean, I would, even if I knew it was going to taste like..., and if the 1rst guy can actually strain kava in his mouth and then spit and holler like that, what's more manly than that? Hey!, that reminds me of a story from my wild and crazy youth! See what you've gone and done now, :eek:. I could take up the entire forum if you get me going on my wild yarns of lore! There was this time, when I was challenged to drink ... motor oil! Well, it wasn't really motor oil, but..., shall I continue?

D

Deleted User01

I am very afraid, and almost embarrassed, to say that there are probably 200 other people here who can challenge you with their hair raising stories about "stuff" they have done. :eek: This is the Kava Forums after all. Ken and Barbie do not live here. In fact, most of us are probably lucky to still be alive. I give the kid credit for drinking it up without spitting or puking. I hope he "got some" later, otherwise it was all for naught. :banghead: Talk about hollering, I can holler that way after slamming Tequila shots. But no more .....

Yep, reminds me of the "tough" kid in my dorm who shot up PCB because it would hit him harder. Lordy, his girlfriend was on death watch all night long. He made it and we put the shovels away. That was 40 years ago when men were men and women were men. :LOL:

P.S. When anyone asks us about this place, we always give them our motto: "This is the Kava Forums Biatch!".

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I don't what's up with him spitting out so much of his last gulp, maybe @nemo can tell us if that's common or not.
But, the dude chugs with power and confidence, animalistically belting out his reaction. A big potent shell, that may very well have been his 7th.
As opposed to boy #2 who drink his 1st low-tide shell with all the fortitude and gusto of a 5 year old girl. :nailbiting::X3::shy:
I was surprised he didn't drink it with his pinky out. ;)

D

Deleted User01

Ok, ok, Lucy. I give up. ::ricky::
But remember, Austin Powers was like that at his age and look at what he became. The most daring time hopping secret agent in history. :hilarious:

Yeah baby, tell that Namby Pamby Islander "no spitting".

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
It's kastom to spit (or blow) out the last bit of kava.

From "Kava: From Ethnology to Pharmacology"
"Kava spitting also occurs on Vanua Lava (Banks Island): "After drinking the breath is blown out strongly in such a way that some of the kava is blown out too" (Rivers, 1914); and in Fiji: "a chief or a distinguished guest, after he has drunk his cup of yanggona, blows a small quantity of it through the lips against the wall of the house or away from his neighbors and then utters the name of some desired object or sentiment" (Roth, 1953). This spitting - the transmission of vital fluids from an inner to an outer domain - signifies the transmission of prayer, and kava from one world to another"

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
In fact, most of us are probably lucky to still be alive.
Yep. I often tell parents of young kids today, that if they saw what we did as kids, they would drop over dead from a heart attack instantly.
I don't what's up with him spitting out so much of his last gulp, maybe @nemo can tell us if that's common or not.
But, the dude chugs with power and confidence, animalistically belting out his reaction. A big potent shell, that may very well have been his 7th.
As opposed to boy #2 who drink his 1st low-tide shell with all the fortitude and gusto of a 5 year old girl. :nailbiting::X3::shy:
I was surprised he didn't drink it with his pinky out. ;)
:ROFLMAO:, I'm in your camp, shakas, that was totally shameful! I'm surprised that he didn't ask for a little pink umbrella to put in it and a teddy bear to hold while drinking it, before holding out his little pinky for the first dreadful sip!

Do we need to go to a vote here?

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
Ok, ok, Lucy. I give up. ::ricky::
But remember, Austin Powers was like that at his age and look at what he became. The most daring time hopping secret agent in history. :hilarious:

Yeah baby, tell that Namby Pamby Islander "no spitting".
LMAO! And Austin Powers on the 2nd guy, 'That's not a man baby! That's a ... mamby pamby girly man!'

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
The Hawaiians also have an 'awa (wasting) custom. They splash some over their shoulder for their ancestors.
Reminds me of our American version; pourin' out some of your 40 oz. for the dead homies...:joyful:

Last edited:
D

Deleted User01

So that would exp
It's kastom to spit (or blow) out the last bit of kava.
blows a small quantity of it through the lips against the wall of the house"
That would explain why Kapm has to repaint the side of his house everytime Shakas pays a visit. :LOL:

Roaddog

Kava Who?
I don't know but this is an epic thread for sure. I may have learned more about kava customs, than anyplace. I think the native that was spitting, blowing and hollering seemed so natural. Almost like @shakas said abot the 40 oz. I think its very beautiful. Much love. Roaddog....