What's new

Be this guy, not 'this' guy...

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
(y) found the house and the spitter on google images...but i am working on an animated kava chugger smiley. it won't look at good as this::happyshell::though.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Oh I forgot to say... If it's done right, I think it would be cool to have an animated version of the smiley drinking (slurping) from the shell.

D

Deactivated Account

It's tanna ...kastom is very strong there. I've been told it's an offering or door opening to ancestors. The way they are all laughing though I'd guess it's a humorous comment to someone at the next village / nakamal. I've been told tanna has over 30 languages.

They call out a lot on tanna. I've been up 800 feet on the volcano & chap with me has been calling to people below (well howls really) they call out if they are passing another village on the walking tracks to let others know they are there.

As I was saying it's pretty easy to spot Man Tanna on efate. Short with beards & not an ounce of fat on them.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
As I was saying it's pretty easy to spot Man Tanna on efate. Short with beards & not an ounce of fat on them.
What do these guys do every day? Hike 30 miles up and down hills while carrying weight nearly equal to there own body weight?

Maybe I should start this "kava man exercise program" hmm...

D

Deleted User01

All you have to do is quit driving a car. You will be like him in no time. And no cheating with buses unless you are long distance traveling (15 miles and up). Between villages, you should walk, spit, and holler. Feel free to run if you are in a hurry.

DylanJ

Kava Curious
For sure man, that guy is fit. So much for the lazy, bloodshot eyes, out of shape, kava drinker stereotype

D

Deactivated Account

All you have to do is quit driving a car. You will be like him in no time. And no cheating with buses unless you are long distance traveling (15 miles and up). Between villages, you should walk, spit, and holler. Feel free to run if you are in a hurry.
And no endless avail sugar: bread & butter. The chap I was with, he used to walk a few times a week from the volcano to the airport to visit his wife (kastom not to live together at first) google earth that distance. All in bare feet.

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
For sure man, that guy is fit. So much for the lazy, bloodshot eyes, out of shape, kava drinker stereotype
I was told that most folks around here look like underwear models because of not eating for so long in order to get the most effect out of kava. I'm starting to get suspicious because I've been doing this for a couple months and I still don't look like an underwear model :(

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
I was told that most folks around here look like underwear models because of not eating for so long in order to get the most effect out of kava. I'm starting to get suspicious because I've been doing this for a couple months and I still don't look like an underwear model :(
Hmm...not me...I think I put on weight...:oops:

@nemo

Yup...the guy walks about 30 miles a day round trip(if traveling in a straight line) over and through gawd knows what kind of hill and jungle terrain.

.....:notworthy:

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Well I do the fasting thing too. Ya, kava has helped me drop a few pounds. But I'm also very busy this time of year. I can tell you this, My daughter has been out of state for about 3 months. I say her yesterday. The first words out of her mouth was wow dad you been working out. I was like no, not at all, just working. Too funny, I never even thought of it at the time. Much love. Roaddog....

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
Well I do the fasting thing too. Ya, kava has helped me drop a few pounds. But I'm also very busy this time of year. I can tell you this, My daughter has been out of state for about 3 months. I say her yesterday. The first words out of her mouth was wow dad you been working out. I was like no, not at all, just working. Too funny, I never even thought of it at the time. Much love. Roaddog....
This makes me bring up another topic I've been meaning to bring up here, along with several others, but does Kava make you hungry? Because it does me, and food tastes exceptionally good after I've had a few bowls of it.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
@Hyperion My answer is yes. I get the kava munchies too. I think its because I go from like 2 until 9pm without eating. So a couple hours into kava Im starving. I get to making some good stuff in the kitchen then. Much love. Roaddog....

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
I have a lot of respect for the natives and their kastoms; and i'm embarrassed we've lost so much of our heritage here in 'merica.
But in Texas we'll stand by our rights....and kava till the end! :arghh::D
One more thing, I always take the used kava outside and return it back to the earth, rather then washing it down the drain as a means of giving back to the aboriginals. That's my way of attributing to the first guy and not the second guy hahaha. :LOL:(y)

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
I have a lot of respect for the natives and their kastoms; and i'm embarrassed we've lost so much of our heritage here in 'merica.
Here in Murika, we like our customs, and we respect the customs of others too, long as they're just like our customs. We don't take kindly to none of them strange furen customs round these here parts.

One more thing, I always take the used kava outside and return it back to the earth
I keep thinking about that every time I pour my used up kava down the drain. Maybe it would give my tomatoes some nice kavain content! :)

Roaddog

Kava Who?
But in Texas we'll stand by our rights....and kava till the end! :arghh::D
One more thing, I always take the used kava outside and return it back to the earth, rather then washing it down the drain as a means of giving back to the aboriginals. That's my way of attributing to the first guy and not the second guy hahaha. :LOL:(y)
Here's a fact, Jack, you don't mess with Texas. Because everything is Bigger in Texas. I'm sure Monkava'ds Kava stash, and his means of protecting such stashes, would meet the standard Texan way. With all that being said. Ya, Bro, I put my spent kava in the garden, under the cabbage plants. I do also respect our native American Traditions. I better. I own a chunk of land smack dab in the middle of a Navaho Res. In New Mexico. Much love. Roaddog....

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
@Hyperion and @Roaddog
Sorry if that was taken the wrong way and no offence implied to any Americans at all.:D::ricky::
In fact it's when our liberties and unalienable rights are being attacked that our heritage becomes most prominent. (y)
Now with other kavasseurs like yourselves putting kava on your gardens I'm wondering if I should do the same with my plants....and whether they would benefit or be harmed from doing so.
How's working for you @Roaddog?

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
Here's a fact, Jack, you don't mess with Texas. Because everything is Bigger in Texas. I'm sure Monkava'ds Kava stash, and his means of protecting such stashes, would meet the standard Texan way. With all that being said. Ya, Bro, I put my spent kava in the garden, under the cabbage plants. I do also respect our native American Traditions. I better. I own a chunk of land smack dab in the middle of a Navaho Res. In New Mexico. Much love. Roaddog....
Yeah! In TX, we drink our kava from 100 lb. pumpkin shells and not those sissy little coconuts! :dead: