What's new

Fell Off the Root

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I just moved to Baltimore and got a really intense, quite stressful job working for a major charity. It's totally unlike any other work I've done before. As a way of dealing with stress, I started doing what most people in Baltimore do - drinking tons of Natty Boh beer. So I've been living high on the hog - endless crab and beer.

But it's time to get back on the root. The beer is totally screwing with my dopamine levels and concentration. I have two bags full of Kava but just haven't tapped into them.

The Kavasseur is being very un-Kavasseur. Time to get back on the bus.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
Hmmm. I don't know - Baltimore? I wish you luck with the job ... But I can't visualize the Kavasseur doing his video reviews in Baltimore.
And dang it man - you're my kava hero. Get off the beer. Please??

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
several friends as well as my nephew live in Baltimore. I visited briefly during a working trip to Washington DC. It does look nice and you get real seasons there. So enjoy but spend time introducing Baltimore natives to the joys of kava. Yea, good luck with that!!

Palmetto

Thank God!
A few years ago, I had a job interview at Johns Hopkins that I was pretty much guaranteed if I didn't ask for too much salary. I remember thinking, it would be tough for me to live here. That being said, I'm not a city person, and I prefer living in the South. Fells Point/ Little Italy is okay, but the rest of the city, not so much.

D

Deleted User01

What in the world if Natty Boh Beer? Is that a local brewery. I was in Virginia recently and had a really good crab cake sandwich. Norfolk is relatively close to Baltimore so we may do a side trip next year. Bring on the Natty Bo and Crab! FYI, I gained 3 pounds from pounding the IHOPs on the road. Yeah, it's the pancakes covered with strawberries and whipped cream together with the eggs, bacon, and hash browns.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Norfolk is relatively close to Baltimore so we may do a side trip next year.
Norfolk is bloody miles from Baltimore, it's on the east coast of England near the wash. Lovely cider there... if you're into that sort of thing... hard cider that is, proper scrumpy. I went into a cider farm there once and the guy asked sweet or dry, of course I asked for medium so he put in half a pint of sweet and half a pint of dry. I camped on the field opposite and went to sleep and woke up to the noises of wild animals, like elephants and stuff. Found out in the morning that we were right next to the zoo ;-)