What's new

Fell Off the Root

verticity

I'm interested in things
I got desperate. My tooth was hurting so much I was on the verge of tears. So I took some medium grind and put it in my lip like you would a pinch of dip. It has helped me more than the antibiotics or pain medication I've been taking. I wonder if kava has antibacterial effects as well as numbing effects? My mouth is slightly numb but the amount of relief seems disproportionate to the amount of numbing if that makes sense.
I don't think it's antibiotic, but it is a very potent local anesthetic.

chandra

Kava Enthusiast
There are some references on the internet that say it has antibacterial properties. They aren't from definitive sources, but it still leads me to think it's possible. Here's one I found interesting.

verticity

I'm interested in things
There are some references on the internet that say it has antibacterial properties. They aren't from definitive sources, but it still leads me to think it's possible. Here's one I found interesting.
Yeah, but that's not a scientific reference. I would be interested if anyone can show me a peer-reviewed scientific paper that claims antibiotic properties. I'm not trying to be a douchebag by saying this, but that kind of stuff--popular science--is notoriously unreliable.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Yeah, but that's not a scientific reference. I would be interested if anyone can show me a peer-reviewed scientific paper that claims antibiotic properties. I'm not trying to be a douchebag by saying this, but that kind of stuff--popular science--is notoriously unreliable.
I would also like all the kava vendors across the land to send me one pound of each of the kavas they sell, but that is not likely to happen anytime soon either ;)

verticity

I'm interested in things
I would also like all the kava vendors across the land to send me one pound of each of the kavas they sell, but that is not likely to happen anytime soon either ;)
Well, I assume if such a paper exists, someone here would be able to dig it up. I have looked (using Google Scholar) and couldn't find anything. So I guess that was just a snarky way of saying that I don't believe such a scientific paper exists...

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Well, I assume if such a paper exists, someone here would be able to dig it up. I have looked (using Google Scholar) and couldn't find anything. So I guess that was just a snarky way of saying that I don't believe such a scientific paper exists...
I just really want a sampler pack from all the vendors out there, lol

Nirad

Kava Curious
I had to laugh that the list of medicinal uses includes "*polynesian" , the link explains what Polynesia is, but at first I had to chuckle that I had never be afflicted with polynesian before :)

verticity

I'm interested in things
I had to laugh that the list of medicinal uses includes "*polynesian" , the link explains what Polynesia is, but at first I had to chuckle that I had never be afflicted with polynesian before :)
Is it also effective as a cure for Melanesia?

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I have read all kinds of malarkey about the positive effects of this-or-that plant or tree. Have you seen those memes on Facebook that claim that onions and ginger cure heart disease and boost the immune system or that pot cures cancer and makes you thinner and fitter? It's all unsubstantiated gossip.

Capitán Bastos

Presanteur
I have read all kinds of malarkey about the positive effects of this-or-that plant or tree. Have you seen those memes on Facebook that claim that onions and ginger cure heart disease and boost the immune system or that pot cures cancer and makes you thinner and fitter? It's all unsubstantiated gossip.
Those memes led me to the conclusion that:
A) Facebook is evil
- surveillance
- control
- indoctrination
- domination
- manipulation
- ambiguity
- recommended by "friends"
- clogged think box

Or as we say in the bunker "ScidMarc".

verticity