What's new

Fell Off the Root

yardcat

Kava Lightweight
Haven't been on in a while...Baltimore! Wow big difference from SD climate. I grew up about 40 miles down the road from there across from DC. Now live 50 miles south of DC so not too far away. I got spoiled my 3 years at Pendleton back in the 80s when I was in the Corp. Watching surf scenes from Animal Kingdom at San Onofre brought back memories.
Well, welcome to the hot and sticky to cold and snowy east coast!

verticity

I'm interested in things
Norfolk is bloody miles from Baltimore, it's on the east coast of England near the wash. Lovely cider there... if you're into that sort of thing... hard cider that is, proper scrumpy. I went into a cider farm there once and the guy asked sweet or dry, of course I asked for medium so he put in half a pint of sweet and half a pint of dry. I camped on the field opposite and went to sleep and woke up to the noises of wild animals, like elephants and stuff. Found out in the morning that we were right next to the zoo ;-)
Baltimore is also really close to Bristol and Manchester...:D

chandra

Kava Enthusiast
Getting rooted today. It's good to be back.

By the way, I have a hilarious video I'm going to upload today. I was chewing roots while driving across the country and made a video of it. It even makes me laugh!
Can you chew medium grind? Or would you end up swallowing too much stuff you aren't supposed to? I've had a toothache lately and I'm tempted to try for that reason.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Can you chew medium grind? Or would you end up swallowing too much stuff you aren't supposed to? I've had a toothache lately and I'm tempted to try for that reason.
That's a good question. I don't think anyone has ever asked that one before.

Nirad

Kava Curious
A mouth full of wood chips would like to disagree! Just kidding but on the way from out west I had a sore throat so I decided to put a pinch of medium grind in my cheek to let the numbing juices slowly numb my throat, it was unpleasant at first until all the fibers got oriented but then it worked. I didn't really try to chew it more like someone would put a pinch of tobacco in their cheek. It worked and my face and throat was numb but I don't think I would do it again.

Capitán Bastos

Presanteur
Getting rooted today. It's good to be back.

By the way, I have a hilarious video I'm going to upload today. I was chewing roots while driving across the country and made a video of it. It even makes me laugh!
Glad to have you back, the view is so much nicer up here on the root, don't you agree?
Looking forward to that video!

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I can just picture the kavasseur, speeding across the United States, mouth number than a dentist's patient being shot up with Novocaine, spitting out kava roots on the ground where they are even now taking root and growing into a massive forest of kava plants

verticity

I'm interested in things
I can just picture the kavasseur, speeding across the United States, mouth number than a dentist's patient being shot up with Novocaine, spitting out kava roots on the ground where they are even now taking root and growing into a massive forest of kava plants
The legend of Dougie Kavaroot.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Yeah, probably you would swallow too much. If you have some instant or micronized you could swish that around in your mouth. Otherwise, you could make up a batch of medium grind much more concentrated than you would usually drink: Like 1/4 cup of powder to 1/4 cup of water or something (filter it), and then swish that in your mouth for a while. Then you could do a second wash at normal dilution to just drink, because there would still be a lot of kavalactones left in the makas.

chandra

Kava Enthusiast
I got desperate. My tooth was hurting so much I was on the verge of tears. So I took some medium grind and put it in my lip like you would a pinch of dip. It has helped me more than the antibiotics or pain medication I've been taking. I wonder if kava has antibacterial effects as well as numbing effects? My mouth is slightly numb but the amount of relief seems disproportionate to the amount of numbing if that makes sense.