What's new

I Love Kava Friday Friday Thread - Holiday Weekend Edition.

verticity

I'm interested in things
It's Friday! Release the goats!
Lawrence Berkeley National Lab: Not just for cyclotrons anymore.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Totally just stole that first image and put it up on instagram and facebook. Credited to you of course, @shakas

verticity

I'm interested in things
The third picture is best shakas. We need more females on this forum.
"the process that works in much of the rest of the Western world doesn’t work in Denmark. In most parts of the world, a man will see a woman he likes, and he’ll approach her. He’ll try to start a conversation. Maybe he’ll ask if he can buy her a coffee, or some other type of drink. If they’re in a nightclub, he might ask her if she’d like to dance, or maybe go outside and get some fresh air. These tactics will get you nowhere in Denmark. In fact, they will get you rejected, and then you’ll worry that that you’re being rejected because you’re a foreigner. No. Danes are not good with strangers, any type of stranger. Generally, they don’t talk to strangers...."

"...So instead, if you want to impress a Danish woman, talk about how your work benefits society at large, particularly how it benefits people who don’t have a lot of resources.

For example, there are a lot of foreign engineers in Denmark. Don’t tell a girl, as I have seen done, yeah, I’m an engineer, it’s pretty boring. No, say, I’m an engineer, and I’m helping people in developing nations access clean water.

Hmmm…pretty good. Another way to impress a Danish women is showing how your work benefits the environment. I’m a petroleum engineer. My job is to rethink drilling to minimize the danger to the environment."

"...This is somewhat how the Danes do it themselves, except that there’s a lot of alcohol involved.

Basically, Danes go through all the same steps, but they’re very shy, so they do it while drinking a bottle of wine, or sometimes a bottle of vodka. If alcohol vanished from the Earth, so would romance in Denmark."

http://www.howtoliveindenmark.com/h...-in-denmark/dating-denmark-meet-danish-women/

nhoeg

Kava Manliness
"the process that works in much of the rest of the Western world doesn’t work in Denmark. In most parts of the world, a man will see a woman he likes, and he’ll approach her. He’ll try to start a conversation. Maybe he’ll ask if he can buy her a coffee, or some other type of drink. If they’re in a nightclub, he might ask her if she’d like to dance, or maybe go outside and get some fresh air. These tactics will get you nowhere in Denmark. In fact, they will get you rejected, and then you’ll worry that that you’re being rejected because you’re a foreigner. No. Danes are not good with strangers, any type of stranger. Generally, they don’t talk to strangers...."

"...So instead, if you want to impress a Danish woman, talk about how your work benefits society at large, particularly how it benefits people who don’t have a lot of resources.

For example, there are a lot of foreign engineers in Denmark. Don’t tell a girl, as I have seen done, yeah, I’m an engineer, it’s pretty boring. No, say, I’m an engineer, and I’m helping people in developing nations access clean water.

Hmmm…pretty good. Another way to impress a Danish women is showing how your work benefits the environment. I’m a petroleum engineer. My job is to rethink drilling to minimize the danger to the environment."

"...This is somewhat how the Danes do it themselves, except that there’s a lot of alcohol involved.

Basically, Danes go through all the same steps, but they’re very shy, so they do it while drinking a bottle of wine, or sometimes a bottle of vodka. If alcohol vanished from the Earth, so would romance in Denmark."

http://www.howtoliveindenmark.com/h...-in-denmark/dating-denmark-meet-danish-women/
Ye that is true to some degree. I think a lot of foreign men will have a hard time to get Danish girls' attention. But we are all human after all, so nothing works better with women than just a nice smile and confidence. :happy:

Blippy5

Certified Noble
I spent a week in Copenhagen, about 3 years ago. Everyone I talked to was very nice. Every time I had my map out, someone would ask if I needed help. I always did, for some reason I was always lost there! Very clean though.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Got my Hiwa yesterday, but looks like I have to switch to the white man's inebriant for weekend. :unsure:
Haven't purchased from Hawaiian Kava Center for about 8 years, so I figured I should see what's up.
This stuff was the weirdest kava last night, it might take the #1 spot for the most non-kava-like kava, I've ever had.
It smells kinda like dried fruit or raisins ... somewhat similar to the scent of an unlit cigarette. Not fresh fruit sweet or candy sweet.
The brew is super dark, and tastes like sharp mildly fermented citrus and flower petals or something. Almost no kava familiarity except the numbness.
hiwa.jpg

Last edited: