What's new

Got the solomon!!!

nathaniel.adkisson

Kava Enthusiast
So I think I over did it with that much kava at once.... I had to take a day off, I never got sick but my stomach got like really irritated and felt kinda sore for a day. I feel fine today however and am having my second and last shell for the night of the Solomon before bed. The reverse tolerance is totally gone and I can feel it quite nicely with one shell now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Something possibly interesting. I love pepper on my food, freshly ground black or powdered white, whatever, love it. If I have a bit too much pepper on my dinner it can make me feel funny for the rest of the night and I can even feel quite ill the next day too, not to the point of being ill, just feeling really sensitive and weird. Maybe kava causes a similar thing, same family?

nathaniel.adkisson

Kava Enthusiast
Hmm interesting though good sir! I like how you think also I am a huge lover of pepper as well my wife and I use tons of coarse ground black pepper on everything people Crack jokes about us liking food that has so much pepper it's like eating sand. But it's kinda true. I wonder if that has alot to do with me not getting the nauseous feeling also it taking alot of kava to cause me a problem

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Is there a point where you can have too much black pepper? Your tolerance is obviously high but maybe if you kept going you would find a point where the black pepper would upset your stomach? I find kava peppery but in the amounts I'm taking it in and the way I eat after it I haven't had a problem... yet!

nathaniel.adkisson

Kava Enthusiast
Well I have been taking all my kava on empty stomach and waiting like 2 hours to eat after so I get a good effect. But to answer your question yes I have eaten enough once or twice to make me feel like that It took alot though.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Yes, got to be a similar thing. You did feel amazing the other day though, I was reading it post by post :) . I suppose it will just be experience for you to find out the right amount for you. I'm on that journey but got to try some other strains first.

nathaniel.adkisson

Kava Enthusiast
Yes, got to be a similar thing. You did feel amazing the other day though, I was reading it post by post :) . I suppose it will just be experience for you to find out the right amount for you. I'm on that journey but got to try some other strains first.
Hahaha yep and heck yes I did it was crazy I kinda want to feel that again but I'm scared I'll over do it again and have to take a day off again which means a sleepless night.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I had a slightly more intense experience today, the first time I've had any even mild euphoria. I've eaten and things have calmed down a bit now but still feeling nice and relaxed :) . Going to have some fruit and then I'm going out to the pub to meet my friend. Soft drinks for me! Just don't need a beer :)

nathaniel.adkisson

Kava Enthusiast
I had a slightly more intense experience today, the first time I've had any even mild euphoria. I've eaten and things have calmed down a bit now but still feeling nice and relaxed :) . Going to have some fruit and then I'm going out to the pub to meet my friend. Soft drinks for me! Just don't need a beer :)
I feel ya I'm going to a buddies b day tonight and am going to drink kava instead.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I love the way you can make a conscious decision about how much kava you drink. For me after a few beers any control over the next one is extremely diminished!

Jayy

Kava Curious
Not sure if anyone clarified but pepper you put on food (Piper Nigrum) and Kava (Piper Methysticum) are from the same family :)

My girlfriend immediately noticed that kava tastes and smells super peppery when I never even thought about it lol