What's new

I Love Kava Friday If Kava had been the "in drug" in the 70s, things would be different ...

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Caught two Zappa Plays Zappa shows a couple years back in Richmond VA. Both were incredible shows, excellent tribute to his father. Dweezil even took the time to sign autographs. He signed my DVD and when I said thanks he said no, thank you.
I don't mind concerts so much as the interaction with people seems more chill than most crowds, well depending on genre of music I suppose.
Duckman is a favorite series of mine with Ajax (Dweezil Zappa), Duckman's eldest, mentally-slow teenage son

D

Deleted User01

I'll watch any concert if it's outdoor .... and if I can bring my ice chest.

I was thinking, if everyone were taking Kava in the 60s-70s, this song never would have been written:
"Paranoid runs deep, into your heart it will creep."

And that's because I don't get paranoid when I'm feeling "too relaxed". The other drug does seem to encourage it:
"It's Dave, open up the damn door. I got the stuff, I think the cops saw me". Dave is practically pissing in his pants.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I don't know about that. I went to a concert on the lawn once to see B.B. King. It was night time and a couple screwed on the blanket right in front us. I missed most of the concert (but enjoyed it). :)
B.B King, making love under the stars.... I get it.

D

Deleted User01

I don't know about that. I went to a concert on the lawn once to see B.B. King. It was night time and a couple screwed on the blanket right in front us. I missed most of the concert (but enjoyed it). :)
I get it Headgie, and then you invented the famous cheer: "Uuuu Ahhhhh, go, go, get'em get'em." By the way, you enjoyed what? :rolleyes:

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I keep thinking man I wish I knew about kava like 25 years ago. Booze just seems silly now, and I probably wouldn't have this beer gut left over from my twenties :)
And the older I get, grass is just paranoia you can inhale. Relaxing is where it is at, thank you kava.
It wouldn't be quite the same when you are 18 though would it? "Hey, I'm so excited, I'm going out tonight to drink some muddy water and feel relaxed, it's going to be wild."

verticity

I'm interested in things
I've always been a huge fan of Dylan until I went to a concert of his 3 or 4 years ago. He seemed to not care one bit about anything (which I guess is his persona anyways), but it was a real drab since he didn't bother to play any of his older stuff.

...on the other hand, I just saw Garth Brooks and all he played was his old stuff. My wife is the country fan in the house, but that man knows how to put on a concert!
Dylan's recordings from the 60's are great. After that, not so much. I saw him circa 1987 (with Tom Petty and the Grateful Dead) and he was absolutely terrible. He actually sounded all muddied, like there was something wrong with the sound system. Petty and the Dead were awesome, on the other hand, so I know the sound system was fine.

KavaCat

Meow.
They'll krunk you when you're walking down the street,
They'll krunk you when you're standing on your feet,
Oh well I would not feel like you've gone and flunked,
Everybody must get krunked!
Dunno about that one! Doesn't he word krunk come from modern slang? I'm fairly certain it does, especially since there was a kid's cartoon character named Krunk (Hulk parody) on... I wanna say Dexter's lab? And if krunk had ever been synonymous with being "crazy drunk" or stoned/ drunk feeling, pretty sure they wouldn't have named a character that. ...Anachronisms, gooooo!

verticity

I'm interested in things
I don't know, if kava was the primary drug of the 60s and 70s, then great works of art such as this would never have been created.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Jonathan Richman would have been a famous celebrity during the 70s. That would have been a good thing IMO.