What's new

Kava and Dreaming

endwatcher

Is there death before life?
Kavadude
Soak mashed Valarian in Alcohol "some good wine," for a month.
Strain, and bottle the tincture, add about 20 drops to a cup of water.
Good night, you are welcome!
Works great, and you will feel refreshed the next morning

Lucid dreaming is a funny thing, because it seems like it is something completely natural like it is supposed to happen.
But yet eludes so many, and terrifies others.
Alot of people get sleep paralysis from laying still in bed for a while, tricking the brain.
The brain then starts halucinating through the dmt production creating false demons, ghost, etc..etc

I find that Bananas help extremely with Lucid dreaming which I am assuming its from the Potassium.

Last edited:

endwatcher

Is there death before life?
shakas
I did mean DMT, don't know why I put MDMA. Lol
I guess they are kinda in the same realm.
My fault, please excuse and replace the MDMA with DMT.

I read a long theory of sleeping, and that was the jist of the hallucinating factor.

violet

Do all things with love
I have always been a lucid dreamer, even as a child. When I was having some problems some years ago (erratic schedule, stress, poor diet, and depression with all its related friends) my sleep was at its worst, but I lucid dreamed every time I fell asleep. Unfortunately that came with a LOT of sleep paralysis too. Sometimes the SP was bearable if it came on the tail of a lucid dream and I didn't feel the need to rouse myself. I can remember having a lot of SP as a kid too, usually while falling asleep.

Part of why I am using kava is for anxiety, the other is falling asleep. It will be interesting to see how my dreaming is affected.

Andrew Procyk

Noble Kava
Kava Vendor
^ WOW! From one lucid-dream-world to the next. I'm straight-up jealous!

I have quite an involved kava-dream story that involves the "dead friends and relatives" thing, that some villages use kava to communicate with. I am curious if it might assist in opening the pathways of the brain to those sorts of memories, but BOY... when I have more time, I promise to share it. It even had a Star Wars-esque theme, which made it even more amazing.

All the best folks,

Iahi (Andrew)

meow

Kava Curious
I always got weird dreams from nights I've drank a high dose of kava, and I'm damn sure you don't dream because your brain makes dmt.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
i think DMT has been found in the pineal gland in the brain, which is the same gland that produces melatonin and regulates sleep. so...it's theorized that dreams, at least to some extent, and near-death experiences are related to this endogenous DMT production.

meow

Kava Curious
Pretty sure they have never found dmt to be produced by the pineal gland but melatonin yes, dmt production was just always theorized because melatonin and its metabolites are close in relation of structure.

meow

Kava Curious
I am lucid dreaming alot usually but whenever I drank allot of kava that night my dreams were not just more pronounced but had a weird spooky "nightmare" thing to it and I never have that in my dreams.

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
love kava dreams! always seem so real and are very enjoyable. I have them quite a bit :)

violet

Do all things with love
I've had one kind of kava so far, and at first I was worried it might be messing with my dream recall, but I think it was more that for the first time in years, I have been sleeping through the night. It may also be what times I've drank the kava in relation to going to bed. This is something I will definitely be paying attention to in the future when I try other kavas.

On a related note, I had a funny experience as I was falling asleep for a very much needed nap today. The actual fall to sleep must have felt wonderful, because the lucid part of my brain was shocked in disbelief at my self, that I would have drank so much kava in the middle of the day that I'd get super krunked out and have to go to bed, despite having so many responsibilities still unfinished, and how well was I going to be able to get un-krunked?! I didn't ponder whether or not I was dreaming, and by the time I had roused myself from that blissful state, I was too far out of it to get anything back. The remaining nap was quite inadequate. And no, I haven't had any kava yet today.

Last edited:

violet

Do all things with love
Another nap yesterday, and another chased lucid dream, but I was too late again and woke myself up, though not as late as last time, boo. This one was far more intense, not anything related to kava (although I have been dreaming about kava). I wasn't expecting it at all. I don't usually take naps, but maybe I will try them more often. I need to remember to remind myself that I am dreaming so I can experience the lucid dream and not be so alarmed with the dream's content. That morning(9:30ish) I'd had a small shell of Boroguru/Koniak. Naptime was around 1:30 or so. Only problem is the disruption of my sleep at night... alas, what a conundrum.

Overall, I would say my dreams have become more vivid than usual. I have only been drinking Boroguru, the Koniak is a recent addition and is in small amounts.

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
whoa..you guys are serious dreamers...yes the "Inception"...after watching that I always wanted to have that experience but nothing truly that I can be proud of where I awake from a dream only to find myself in a dream and actually be conscience of it. Maybe I need some more kava to make this happen :)

violet

Do all things with love
Hmm, I never saw the "Inception". I can say that from at least early adolescence, my sleep cycles became seriously irregular. This only worsened as an adult. Psych meds exacerbated the problem even more, to the point that any time I fell asleep I experienced episodes of lucid dreaming and/or SP. I'm sure this tuned me way more into my lucid dreaming. It was the only way I was able to control the terrifying SP, by controlling the lucid dream, if that makes sense to anyone.

I was maybe 8 or 9 years old when I read an article about out of body experiences. A couple of the suggestions it said to practice while going to sleep were imagining your head in place of your feet and vise-versa, and imagining yourself floating above your body. I don't know if practicing these techniques helped me become more aware of lucid dreaming, probably I would say. It looks worthwhile to check out EWLD. I put it on my wish list, perhaps someday I will have time to read it :rolleyes:

While I hadn't been lucid dreaming an awful lot before kava, I seem to be experiencing it more so now.

Doobie Doo

How many shells to get to the center..1 2 3
Great thread. Maybe only 1 lucid dreaming experiences in my life, (not with Kava). They fascinate and terrify me at the same time. Interestingly enough, my wife does have them. When we talk about them they largely involve animal transformation and communication. As such she seems to relate to much of the literature and culture around modern shamanism. Sometimes hard to let my rational mind just go with that and not try to dissect and analyze it. Something to stay open too.

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
I seem to have a lot of sexual dreams if i drink kava during the day. I forgot about this peculiar effect until i started taking a kava candy before bedtime. I was wondering if this is a common thing with kava and if a high Kavain content helps.

D

Deactivated Account

I dont dream, well very rarely as when i go down i sleep like the dead, always have. Long time in the military doing crazy hours (i would do 4 on 4 off in a gun & just sleep beside it for my 4 off) & somehow i can just drop out for what ever time i want. What did me in was those nicotine patches way back when i stopped smoking. Every night i was wearing animal skins killing something with a sword.

D

Deleted User01

I always drink Kava during the day but I still have a variety of dreams. My recurring dream/nitemare is trying to go at it but constantly being interrupted by friends, relatives, and so on who are wandering around the house. It's like our house is a hotel (which it was during the Holidays). So Yiki, pray do tell ....

KavaJazz

Kava Curious
I am yet to expirience it's effects in dreaming. I have, however, induced lucid dreams before on my own. . It's a very fun thing to do and I want to do it more, hopefully kava will help me lucid dream more.