What's new

Kavasseur Is Coming Back!

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
At the end of October, I will be coming back to the United States from my humanitarian relief efforts in South Sudan.

My intention is to get the Kava revolution back on track. I want to move away from these asinine arguments that are sending the Kava world into a world of fingerprinting. Back to the reviews, back to the advocacy.

COMING SOON: An updated Kavasseur website not on blogspot. I will be creating a website from scratch and be reaching out to suppliers to make a Kava superstore with reviews attached to products. Of course, this is a hobby of mine but I want to have a comprehensive review, store, and discussion site that can serve as a counter-narrative to some of the color testers' soundboards.

Kavasseurs unite!

CactusKava

Phoenix, AZ
Kava Vendor
At the end of October, I will be coming back to the United States from my humanitarian relief efforts in South Sudan.

My intention is to get the Kava revolution back on track. I want to move away from these asinine arguments that are sending the Kava world into a world of fingerprinting. Back to the reviews, back to the advocacy.

COMING SOON: An updated Kavasseur website not on blogspot. I will be creating a website from scratch and be reaching out to suppliers to make a Kava superstore with reviews attached to products. Of course, this is a hobby of mine but I want to have a comprehensive review, store, and discussion site that can serve as a counter-narrative to some of the color testers' soundboards.

Kavasseurs unite!
I'm excited to see what you're up to, but I'm a bit confused. What differentiates the KavaForums from what you're building?

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I'm excited to see what you're up to, but I'm a bit confused. What differentiates the KavaForums from what you're building?
CactusKava, it is quite different from the forums. Not meant at all to be a challenge. Kavasseur was a blog I started about seven (?) years ago to review all the Kavas that were available on the market then. The discussion will be in comments sections on articles and reviews. The purpose of the website is to review Kava and promote its positive qualities to Kavasseurs and to the general public.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Odd that you are recruiting for your new "movement" here, on the #1, best informed, most well-connected venue in the world for promotion of noble kava and kava testing, but we're a friendly community so no problem.

I expect you'll extend the same courtesy on your new "discussion site", so please let me know when I can join!
I'm not recruiting anyone. This discussion forum actually branched off of The Kava Lounge, which I started many years back. I have never viewed this board as a competition! The Kavasseur site will be mostly for reviews on Kavas, their effects, preparation methods, etc.

violet

Do all things with love
The blogspot was my first online introduction to kava. Good to see you back @Kavasseur and I too am looking forward to your next project, perhaps even some new reviews of old favorites.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Points for (over)doing your research, Deleted User.

Look, I'm not interested in a pointless argument. The founder of the Kava Forums knows I have always supported this site. I didn't come here to challenge anyone.

Much love,

Kavasseur

Megan

Kava Enthusiast
@Kavasseur's site and YouTube videos have been greatly helpful in my intro to kava, they led me to more research and to the kava forums (my 2 cents). :angelic:angelic:angelic

violet

Do all things with love
In all fairness, KavaForums has evolved quite a bit from its starting point. It happens. But if I, as an informed consumer exercising my freedom of choice, wanted a recommendation for a drinkable tudei with pleasant effects, this might not be the best venue for me to ask. Just sayin'

VictoryRider

Kava Enthusiast
I also have gotten tons of excellent info from Doug's site over the years, and am thankful for his work.

This forum and the Kavasseur's site, IMHO, are very different and mostly non-overlapping. Doug offers (subjective) impressions of different kavas,
tastes, effect profiles, techniques, etc. -- sort of a one-stop-shop for kava reviews from someone with tons of experience, which I have
found extremely valuable. This does include kavas which have been at least suspected, if not known, to contain tudei, but nevertheless
were enjoyed by many, many people.

That said, Doug actually LIKES the taste of kava, so there's that. :)

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
@Capitán Bastos

South Sudan is, in a word, hell. I have worked across sub-Saharan Africa and see a general trend towards things getting much, much better on the continent. But South Sudan is disintegrating at a devastating rate. I would honestly suggest that you challenge your foundation to really critically look at the work they are doing. A lot of these projects end up supporting a side or getting looted for money that goes into weapons. No joke. Be very careful when you come to South Sudan. The violence is getting worse and being impacted by street crime is almost inevitable. I pray and mourn for the people of South Sudan, and really hope for the best. The future is in their hands.

At this point, South Sudan needs emergency assistance. Any kind of development here is out of the question until the civil war is settled.

If you want to know more, or want my input (I have 10 years of experience in humanitarian aid) feel free to contact to me.