What's new

Kavasseur Is Coming Back!

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Oh forgot. I looked again at my handy dandy chart, and here is what I think would be a good product to compare that has tested Orange:
245 NAH Solomon 245361 Orange

Also, I transcribed the data by hand and I'll have to go back to confirm whether the Ava Lea was listed as a 245 instead of 254
What are the percentages like though? Also Deleted User has a point above, we need the most recent batch data which could easily have changed.

I hope we can set this thing up with the Kavasseur as a guinea pig. I think we should also try the exact same kavas with someone who has had a previous sensitivity to tudei. Volunteers?

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
What are the percentages like though? Also Deleted User has a point above, we need the most recent batch data which could easily have changed.

I hope we can set this thing up with the Kavasseur as a guinea pig. I think we should also try the exact same kavas with someone who has had a previous sensitivity to tudei. Volunteers?
I did incorrectly transcribe some data here are my corrections:

Scratch Ava Lea, it's 264
264 GHK Ava Lea 264531 Yellow

Use instead:
245 GHK Boroguru 245631 Yellow
I didn't see Deleted User's post yet, but all my data is straight from his site as of two days (no pun intended) ago. So if his site is current, my data should be too.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
What are the percentages like though? ...
I'll try to dig those up as much as possible, but even without knowing them, the selections are already pretty narrow, because there is only a fraction of products that have been tested and reported on. I personally would like to see products that have actually been tested as either yellow or orange.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
So based on your idea, I would avoid GHK boroguru because it has a 5 at the end? When in fact there isn't any tuedi issues with that kava ? I love that stuff lol, just at about a couple tbsp left of a pound.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
So based on your idea, I would avoid GHK boroguru because it has a 5 at the end? When in fact there isn't any tuedi issues with that kava ? I love that stuff lol, just at about a couple tbsp left of a pound.
I think you may be asking about something different. We're talking here about which products we would like @Kavasseur to review. One is supposed to be noble while the other non-noble to compare.

If you're asking about my guideline to avoid tudei, then yes you would avoid anything with a '5' in it. This is assuming you are new to kava and haven't learned the finer points or have even tried kava yet for that matter. All products with a '5' in the first are three of the chemotype are not tudei, but most of the tudei's do have a '5' in the first three digits. When you get (not meaning you personally) more experienced, then you can make up your own mind what to consume. I would say when I first started consuming kava, I was very intimitaded by it all. That's why I think simple things to help a newbie have a good first experience, is my goal with that.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
So how exactly would this guideline work then ? Basic run down. I'm a newbie I have no idea what noble or tuedi is. Imagine we stripped that idea and no one uses those terms. But here's the thing. I'm looking for a really heavy kava , but I don't want to dare get sick or have a hangover from it. How do you direct me ?

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
So how exactly would this guideline work then ? Basic run down. I'm a newbie I have no idea what noble or tuedi is. Imagine we stripped that idea and no one uses those terms. But here's the thing. I'm looking for a really heavy kava , but I don't want to dare get sick or have a hangover from it. How do you direct me ?
Well first of all I don't think that's realistic. Most newbies don't even know what 'Heavy' means. They normally ask what is a good kava to get. If they asked me I would recommend a reputable vendor and tell them to begin by avoiding all products that have been rated orange or have a '5' in the first 3 digits of it's chemotype. And I would make sure they have a link to our product database that shows both the product chemo, reviews, and any ratings that are available. @Deleted User for some reason is not being very cooperative, so I might just have to end up referring them to @Deleted User's site to get his ratings.

Anyways, I would then help them with basic prep techniques (depending what they get) and explain how to get over their initial RT.

If they already know all that, then they can view the product database and make their own decision. It also doesn't prevent other members from recommending their favortie products. The product database will have all the info they need to view the product details, reviews, and links to purchase the product from the vendors site.

At least that is a common scenario I've run into many times here.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Oh I forgot to say.... If you switch to the Mobile Theme on your browser, click on the title and a menu will pop up. You can see how the user would get to the Welcome Center and how they can get to the product database.

Bear-Shirt

Kava Enthusiast
Looking forward to see you back. You saved me from bad kava back in 2012 and I salute you for it. I tried PK's tudai and loved it. N@H's wow and Solomon were awesome, but later on I settled on what I assume to be noble cultivars as they had more of the effect I liked. I have been on plenty of drugs that made me go tits up and I just wasn't looking for that in a Kava. But had it not been for your blog I would probably have given up after trying most of KK's pharmacopeia and not getting any results.

NB; Tudai gives makes me nauseated, gives me gas, the shits and headaches and on top of that I'm krunk for literally two days+. But sometimes its worth it. lol