What's new

Kavasseur Is Coming Back!

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
Welcome back, I also want to thank you for your reviews. Thanks to your review ( and a new friend pointing me in that direction) I was able to get a good kava (after some time eating useless pills). That kava was Paradise's premium blend #7.

deon10

When I first started drinking Kava years ago, Kavasseur's blog was the only place online where you could get reviews of the different kava products. It was an automatic thing for me to check out the blog before making any purchase decision. At the time, I didn't know about Noble and Tudei, so I didn't link any feeling of nausea or anything with one of the two since I didn't know the criteria existed.

Anyway, looking forward to the new blog.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Yes, I am really looking forward to some new reviews although I too will do my own research on the kavas as well.

@Kavasseur it would be great if you could review some of the kavas that are in the True Kava certified vendors list...

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Yes, I am really looking forward to some new reviews although I too will do my own research on the kavas as well.

@Kavasseur it would be great if you could review some of the kavas that are in the True Kava certified vendors list...
Yes, this is part of my plan.

Not only do I want to review Kavas that are part of the True Kava vendor list, but I want to edited videos comparing the effects of Kavas NOT on the list with Kavas on the list. I'm ready to throw back the most gnarly, blacklisted shells and compare them with the highest rated, most noble ones on a different day. I want to put the list to the test so people know what they're getting or not getting from the list.

Also, it should be noted here that my tolerance isn't so high that I've never gotten sick from drinking Kava. Some Kavas that definitely made me feel sick were Wow! and Pacific Kava's Waka. Stone and Black Sands have gotten me sick as well, though inconsistently.

I'm gonna buy a big new iMac Retina 5k for this website and really enjoy putting these things together!

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
It would be interesting to know if you would ever get sick on a completely certified noble kava? Not that I ever want anyone to be sick but it would be good to know if going the "all noble" route does actually prevent these bad side effects.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I think next day is the key word and point though during these reviews.
I've gotten very crappy feeling from drinking pure noble kava and even thrown up . But that was because I drank WAAAAAY to much and didn't hydrate well enough... but the point is that I felt really good the next day lol. And if I stay hydrated it doesn't happen in the first place.
With a tuedi their is going to be Next day effects regardless.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
It would be interesting to know if you would ever get sick on a completely certified noble kava? Not that I ever want anyone to be sick but it would be good to know if going the "all noble" route does actually prevent these bad side effects.
That's really an awesome idea. (y)

By looking at my handy dandy chart, I would think the following would be good candidates:
245 NAH White Sands 245361 Yellow
245 NAH Wow 245361 Yellow
254 GHK Ava Lea 254631 Yellow

They have all been tested as Noble but have some similar chemo characterics as tudei.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Yeah you'll prolly feel neaseus but I doubt you will get extra dermo and or bad experience the next day as much as a tuedi with that exact chemo
One of the problems with chemotyping as cacti from @CactusKava has pointed out in another thread, is that the chemotype doesn't indicate the percentages of each lactone. One 245 product could consist of 40% 2, 30% 4, and 10% 5. While another 245 product could consist of 50% 2, 25% 4, and 8% 5. So products with identical chemotypes can still exhibit different characteristics. All we know for sure is that the higher order digit has a higher percentage the digit to the immediate right of it. I've looked at several COA's and don't believe I can find that information there either. Wish I was wrong though.

(cacti is just a fond nickname I made up, because I don't know his real name)

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I understand what your saying but that's not my point lol, and you can find the exact kls on Garys coas for GHK and others.
But still my point is that tuedi has two day effects whereas even getting neaseus from a noble doesn't go into the next day unless you actually drank it to close to midnight and that just doesn't count lmao

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I understand what your saying but that's not my point lol, and you can find the exact kls on Garys coas for GHK and others.
But still my point is that tuedi has two day effects whereas even getting neaseus from a noble doesn't go into the next day unless you actually drank it to close to midnight and that just doesn't count lmao
Oh I think I understand. Are you saying that two day effect comes from another compound in the product that is not represented by one of the six kava lactones reported in the chemotype?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Yes, I think the clarity we need is a noble kava with a certain chemotype and a tuedei kava with a very similar chemotype even down to the percentages if possible. Then the question is how do you feel after 2 or 3 tablespoons of the noble powder (or in Kavasseurs case 4 or 6 ;-) ) and then how do you feel the next morning and then... how do you feel after the same dose of the tudei kava and again the next morning. If you feel bad on both or better on one than the other or any combination of differences then it would answer a lot of questions.

For me all I know is that the only times I have had nausea on the evening of my kava session I felt gippy the next morning too. I have never actually vomited on kava but feeling as though you are going to the next morning really isn't pleasant. Now it COULD be something to do with the dosage... maybe I should just keep the doses of those particular kavas down and have them when I want a fairly steady night. It could be that they are not pure noble and have something bad in them making me feel bad. Who knows?

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
To add from my experience... I get nausea and very bad dermo even when using certified noble kava. The nausea lasts for about 5-6 hours after consumption, dermo for several days to a week.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Yeah that would be the best indicator. I mean I don't doubt that you can get sick if you just down 10 tablespoons of kava at once ... but theirs no doubt in my mind that 5 tablespoons of tuedi would cause the same if not more sickness

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
To add from my experience... I get nausea and very bad dermo even when using certified noble kava. The nausea lasts for about 5-6 hours after consumption, dermo for several days to a week.
You poor thing, that sounds terrible. :-( . Could it be to do with the type/s you are using or your prep?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Yeah that would be the best indicator. I mean I don't doubt that you can get sick if you just down 10 tablespoons of kava at once ... but theirs no doubt in my mind that 5 tablespoons of tuedi would cause the same if not more sickness
Yes but we need to compare apples with apples... it needs to be two kavas, one known to be noble and one to be tudei, with not only a similar chemotype but also a similar percentage of kl's.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
That's really an awesome idea. (y)

By looking at my handy dandy chart, I would think the following would be good candidates:
245 NAH White Sands 245361 Yellow
245 NAH Wow 245361 Yellow
254 GHK Ava Lea 254631 Yellow

They have all been tested as Noble but have some similar chemo characterics as tudei.
Oh forgot. I looked again at my handy dandy chart, and here is what I think would be a good product to compare that has tested Orange:
245 NAH Solomon 245361 Orange

Also, I transcribed the data by hand and I'll have to go back to confirm whether the Ava Lea was listed as a 245 instead of 254