What's new

Potentiates

verticity

I'm interested in things
Ok, ok, I got the perfect additive for you. It goes by the name of H2O. No, it won't make you throw up in your mouth. It doesn't take any time to prepare. It's the perfect additive for the "man on the go". Like myself don't ya know ... By the way, rumor has it that black bananas are more heathful than regular yellow ones. Sorry If I made you throw up again @Jana but a PA told us this at the Docs office. In addition, a Vietnamese co-worker told my brother that "brown dog better than black dog". I mean if you have to choose which one you want for dinner, might as well go with the one that is highly rated. I think he was pulling my brothers leg ... or not.
Didn't you know that dihydrogen monoxide, "H2O", can actually be dangerous? Excessive H2O can cause hyponatremia, headache, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, swelling in the brain, seizures, coma, and death. I'm completely serious. Be extremely cautious with that stuff.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
@boxcar beatnik I don't like avocado at all, horrible stuff. I just had a shell of instant in the lorry mixed with a teaspoon or so of coconut oil. The flavour was actually quite nice but I'm not sure it's getting the kava working as well as the milk does. I am going to drink some milk in the morning and see what kind of effect I get. If I get any effect at all then I know not all of the kava has been used up tonight and I either need more oil per shell or just to stick to the milk.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I think that kavalactones need fat in the body to bond to for bio availability so it will naturally suck up all your reserves when you drink it, adding extra to the diet increases bio availability and prevents weight loss from it most likely (not counting appetite suppression). I think we always focus too much on the fats being added for extraction rather than being a preventative dietary help. I put 2 or 3 tablespoons of coconut oil in my decaff coffee with some creamer ( not hydrogenated oil kind regular milk fat kind) and some maple syrup (real not fake yukkkk) and i drink that in the am before meals and it gives me more energy than coffee helps me poop, and helps me get more from my breakfest since coconut oil helps absorption of nutrients

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I think that kavalactones need fat in the body to bond to for bio availability so it will naturally suck up all your reserves when you drink it, adding extra to the diet increases bio availability and prevents weight loss from it most likely (not counting appetite suppression). I think we always focus too much on the fats being added for extraction rather than being a preventative dietary help. I put 2 or 3 tablespoons of coconut oil in my decaff coffee with some creamer ( not hydrogenated oil kind regular milk fat kind) and some maple syrup (real not fake yukkkk) and i drink that in the am before meals and it gives me more energy than coffee helps me poop, and helps me get more from my breakfest since coconut oil helps absorption of nutrients
The milk thing for me is everything to do with getting the kava working and nothing to do with extraction. The KL's are there it's just if I drink with water I don't get as good an effect and the KL's hang around in my body until the morning and surprise me, not always in a good way.

The coconut oil didn't seem to work at all. I left it a while and reloaded, this time with milk and got immediate effects. It must be something peculiar to the milk.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Hmm. That's odd. In my experience tho this is true as well. The cocount oil is just awesome so I use it but it doesn't give me that rush of kava that milk does either. I wonder what it is about it.

moff000

Kava Enthusiast
The milk thing for me is everything to do with getting the kava working and nothing to do with extraction. The KL's are there it's just if I drink with water I don't get as good an effect and the KL's hang around in my body until the morning and surprise me, not always in a good way.

The coconut oil didn't seem to work at all. I left it a while and reloaded, this time with milk and got immediate effects. It must be something peculiar to the milk.
I now take my kava with milk and it also works well for me! It also makes it way easier to drink. Happy days :)

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I started making a ice milk with a teaspoon of micro disoloved in water and maple syrup added all together and it's pretty damn good . If you add chocolate syrup it tastes just like chocolate milk . The water used for the kava prevents the milk kava concoction from being to thick

Piper Methysticum

Let Kava Take The Wheel
Maybe just as good as fat is hard candy like life savers. When I have a life saver 45 mins. to an hour before kava I can definitely feel the difference compared to no candy. I also sometimes have lifesavers during Kava to handle the bitterness of the Kava, but don't know for sure if that makes a difference in potency.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
Maybe just as good as fat is hard candy like life savers. When I have a life saver 45 mins. to an hour before kava I can definitely feel the difference compared to no candy. I also sometimes have lifesavers during Kava to handle the bitterness of the Kava, but don't know for sure if that makes a difference in potency.
That is interesting, so take something small like 45 minutes before a session to kick it in the tail. Because honestly I find eating or even if I add to much to doctor up the grog it can kill some of the kava strength rather than make the kava more potent.

Piper Methysticum

Let Kava Take The Wheel
That is interesting, so take something small like 45 minutes before a session to kick it in the tail. Because honestly I find eating or even if I add to much to doctor up the grog it can kill some of the kava strength rather than make the kava more potent.
It definitely is counter-intuitive, even a little water before Kava can ruin the effects for me, but this probably has something to do with the sugar in the candy raising blood sugar levels, and Mrbinx69 might be onto something as well.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I now take my kava with milk and it also works well for me! It also makes it way easier to drink. Happy days :)
Good man, that's two of us. Now just got to convince the rest of them :)

I used to use semi skimmed undiluted but now I use whole milk 50/50 with water. I don't know if it makes much difference, still seems to work ok but a little less thick to get down.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I'm wondering about milkshakes... banana milkshake with kava in, got to be nice surely?

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
I wonder if we could do almond or cashew milk for us lactose intolerant. Coconut milk makes it taste better but not increase in potency for me.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
It must not be to fat reliant if your getting potentiation through semi skimmed. It is known that there is a protien in milk that hits the GABA receptors. I thought it became activated through heat but I could be mistaken and it might just be there in general. This is where warm milk as a sleep inducer comes from . It may very well be a synergy between this protien and kava

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
It must not be to fat reliant if your getting potentiation through semi skimmed. It is known that there is a protien in milk that hits the GABA receptors. I thought it became activated through heat but I could be mistaken and it might just be there in general. This is where warm milk as a sleep inducer comes from . It may very well be a synergy between this protien and kava
That's interesting, I normally use milk straight out the fridge. I bet doing the boiling method with maybe 25% milk to water would work well?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I wonder if we could do almond or cashew milk for us lactose intolerant. Coconut milk makes it taste better but not increase in potency for me.
I wonder if lactose free milk would still have the same protein? Lactose is just the milk sugars I believe?