What's new

Pure Kavain in pill form?

MikeB

I like Mo'i
I've been considering trying pure kavain, in pill form.

How do the effects compare to a high-kavain noble strain, like GHK's Mo'i?

Where can one obtain kavain pills?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
To my knowledge, @MikeB, isolate kavain is only available from analytical labs. There was a vendor adept in the process of extracting single kavalactones, but he no longer does it. Before you run out and buy some from a lab, the cost is usually so exorbitant that it prevents anyone having a full session.

In terms of effects, I've heard the vendor who used to extract kavain describe it as "Extremely stimulating".

MikeB

I like Mo'i
Interesting, alright.

Well, I was hoping to somehow arrive at kava in pill form, even if it isn't pure kavain isolate (which is probably unnecessary anyway).

Is there a way to do that?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
On your own? Best bet would be somehow fashion yourself or buy a supercritical CO2 extraction unit. Or possibly a "tasmisium" extractor (Uses butane) to extract the lactones and cap them. To buy them? Gaia Herbs Kava Phytocaps are really the only kava pill I would even come close to taking. You could also contact Adil from Paradise Kava to see if he can sell you some unflavored raw extract that you could cap. That would work too, but packing all that into 00 caps would be a pain to say the least.

MikeB

I like Mo'i
Thank you! I'll check the Gaia herbs caps out. Why do you recommend these over others?

How does the strength of one of these caps compare to taking the powder? I normally take 1-2 Tbsp of instant or micro... how many pills matches a "standard" dose like that?

Also, do you know anything about the chemotype of these pills?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I'm not sure why you are looking to go down this route (no pun) but something wild just occurred to me... if you want capsules how about putting instant or micro into capsules and taking them? Not sure how the effects would differ from mixing with water and drinking against getting the powder in your stomach and then drinking water? Just an idea. Of course it might make you horribly ill...

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
The compandy Standard Process also (supposedly) makes legit water extract kava pills. Basically making them caps of instant kava. They claim to be 50mg kavalactones per pill, so I'd use at least six to equal one shell...I don't know the chemotype, I think Deleted User may have tested the Gaia caps and they were noble. Pills are a waste, just drink powder.

MikeB

I like Mo'i
@Edward - that's what I'm thinking! Don't see why it'd cause any stomach upset over the straight powder...

@shakas: how many kavalactones are in 1 Tbsp of, say, some noble micro? How many Tbsp is a "shell?"

EDIT: wow, 16 capsules for 1 Tbsp? Screw that!

Last edited:

MikeB

I like Mo'i
Mo'i is my favorite strain, but I struggle with anxiety and sometimes I need to take something on the go as needed. I was considering getting a script for benzos, but then it hit me that I actually prefer Kava and so I'd be better off somehow putting the Kava into pill form so I can take around with me.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I mix my kava and fill up water bottles so that I can take it to work, when I first started taking kava, I used the Gaia Herbs Kava Phytocaps, they were great for the RT part but once I felt the now familiar kava high, (for lack of a better term) and finished the capsules, I started buying powder and have not looked back. I had to take 6 capsules before whereas now it takes 1-2 tbs per 8 fl oz for a much, much better effect.

Ryanakamal

Kava Curious
isolated kavain sounds like bad news. imho. see coca leaves for what can happen . (coca tea is fantastic by the way )

Ryanakamal

Kava Curious
i didnt feel a thing for almost 3 weeks (except for severely reduced anxiety the day after and awesome dreams) and then one shell... big smile and all was well.
now i need a 1/5th of what u used before

MikeB

I like Mo'i
Ok, yes, I understand. Had a similar thing on my end - used to take the extract and it didn't do much, and then I switched to Mo'i and it was amazing. I'm hoping to find some kind of concentrated Mo'i that I can take with me on the go...

Kava_Lavar

Kava Curious
I understand the need for convenience. With that being said.. Why not just have a small container or small plastic ziplock type bag that will hold the amount you need in form of micronized or instant and just add it to water when you need it?
That is what I plan on doing when I receive my first order of moi next week. When I figure out how much I micronized kava I need per 4-6oz glass I am going to use an impulse sealer on plastic bags so I will have convenient sealed packages for easy dosing.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Kava candies are excellent for anxiety reduction. They won't give you a big hit but they will definitely smooth things out for you. I highly recommend them. They don't seem to make me too sleepy either. Also super convenient.

MikeB

I like Mo'i
@Kava_Lavar, the other issue is I'm not a huge fan of the taste of micro in water, so being able to prepare something I don't have to choke down is itself a bit of a challenge.

@Edward - what brand do you recommend?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I bought mine from GKE and the strips aren't branded. I believe they got them from Vanuatu Kava Store but I'm not sure. I think they're all made by one guy you can find on this forum. Someone else can help with this hopefully?