What's new

Pure Kavain in pill form?

Kava_Lavar

Kava Curious
@MikeB, ahh.. I C. I'm new at this so I wasn't thinking about the texture of adding to water. Maybe orange juice would be the answer. I have taken some nasty powdered supplements before where OJ masked foul tasted. I guess I thought it would kind of dissolve but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Yeah, if you need a portable no-mess kava shot, you can't do better (IMHO) than the Ozia Kava Candies.

Also, taking a doob toob full of micronized on the go works great. Just mix a teaspoon or so with a glass of water.

Jonathan

All Hail Leon
@Kava_Lavar, the other issue is I'm not a huge fan of the taste of micro in water, so being able to prepare something I don't have to choke down is itself a bit of a challenge.

@Edward - what brand do you recommend?
@MikeB I think Edward is referring to the Ozia Kava Candies.
Yeah the Ozia's are great. In fact I think they're the only noble candies available, and they're sugar free without tasting weird, they taste awesome. You can get them from Amazon Prime too, which is sweet. The 4 pack is good for a tester (you'll want more than one pack), and then if you like them I'd recommend getting a case. They're cheaper per unit with the case.
Amazon product

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Yeah the Ozia's are great. In fact I think they're the only noble candies available, and they're sugar free without tasting weird, they taste awesome. You can get them from Amazon Prime too, which is sweet. The 4 pack is good for a tester (you'll want more than one pack), and then if you like them I'd recommend getting a case. They're cheaper per unit with the case.
I bought a case of 100 strips... they won't give you a "big bang" but they certainly smooth things out for you...

MikeB

I like Mo'i
Thank you, that's great!!! I'll check them out!!

Does anyone know how many kavalactones are in a standard Tbsp of micro, or where I could find that info? Would love to compare...

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
@MikeB Tricky question that! If you have the COA you can sort of extrapolate it... Probably still difficult to know in grams exactly. I'd say give all the options a try and see what works best for you... the candies seem like the best option to me at the moment but of course it depends on what works for you :)

Jonathan

All Hail Leon

Does anyone know how many kavalactones are in a standard Tbsp of micro, or where I could find that info? Would love to compare...
Hmm, no idea, but just going roughly from experience with GHK's micro kava. If I do a tbsp I get the effect of say, roughly 500-1000 mg? That's the thing about Kava, there IS science, but the effects are extremely personal and hard to determine with an objective measure. My all time favorite is GHK's Mo'i micro. It's consistent and uplifting and has very little gag factor.

MikeB

I like Mo'i
Well, I guess another way to ask the question is - how strong are the candies relative to powder? For instance, 1-2 Tbsp of Mo'i micro/instant is like my gold standard dose. How many candies is that?

Jonathan

All Hail Leon
Well, I guess another way to ask the question is - how strong are the candies relative to powder? For instance, 1-2 Tbsp of Mo'i micro/instant is like my gold standard dose. How many candies is that?
I'd say that would be 4-6 candies, for me personally. But the candies are a bit more relaxing and not as uplifting as Mo'i, so if you take them during the day they'll have an effect but it's not the same. I have on occasion been driven to a nap from the candies, which has never happened to me with Mo'i...

MikeB

I like Mo'i
Ok, I'm going to order a sample.

Do these things taste good? I'm honestly surprised the whole concept exists, as kava generally tastes like dirt. :-O

Jonathan

All Hail Leon
Ok, I'm going to order a sample.

Do these things taste good? I'm honestly surprised the whole concept exists, as kava generally tastes like dirt. :-O
Yep, they taste great. Perhaps a bit chalky depending on your preferences, but to me they have an awesome orange flavor, kind of like flavored vit C tablets.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I'll second that, nice orangeness with a fairly mild kava taste in the background. Again, they're not as strong as any powder in terms of effect but I think you will like them for what they do. Perfect for day time. I have sucked one or two and driven and been absolutely fine, mentally alert but just with a nice sense of calmness. Try 4 (or more) of them at the same time and you'd be more mellow than a mellow thing with added mellowness. (that went a bit wrong at the end but you get the idea.)

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro

My rule of thumb is 1 teaspoon of micro is about 1 tablespoon of medium grind squeezed. If one "shell" is roughly 300mg, and a shell is 5oz. I get four shells from a batch. I use about 6 level Tbsp. of medium grind per batch. So that's 6/4 = 1.5 Tbsp of medium grind per shell. For micro, 1.5 Tsp (Teaspoon) is about a shell for me.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
My rule of thumb is 1 teaspoon of micro is about 1 tablespoon of medium grind squeezed. If one "shell" is roughly 300mg, and a shell is 5oz. I get four shells from a batch. I use about 6 level Tbsp. of medium grind per batch. So that's 6/4 = 1.5 Tbsp of medium grind per shell. For micro, 1.5 Tsp (Teaspoon) is about a shell for me.
That chimes with me and I know that Steve definitely knows what he is talking about. (even though he looks like he might be about to murder you or someone else ;-) (just kidding Steve :) ) )

verticity

I'm interested in things
That's 50mg of 98% pure kavain on the paper. I've never even been tempted. :D
View attachment 4712
Warnings in 9 languages. Impressive. Let's see if I can identify the languages:
- English
- German
- French
- Italian
- Spanish
- Dutch
- SV - That looks like a Scandanavian language - is there like a generic Scandanavian language? Or does it default to Norwegian? Icelandic would be the logical default, but I don't see any thorns (þ)
- Czech
- Polish

So if you are Chinese, Russian, Japanese, Slovakian, Turkish, Arabic, Danish, Portugese, Catalan, Ukrainian, Irish, Welsh etc. you are SOL. You won't be warned about the danger of ingesting minute quantities of kavain.