What's new

Pure Kavain in pill form?

verticity

I'm interested in things
SV is usually Slovak.. Czech is usually CZ. But maybe, depending on how the bottle is.. CS Serbia and Montenegro (formerly, CS was the code for Czechslovakia, deleted 1993)
http://www.wipo.int/pct/guide/en/gdvol1/annexes/annexk/ax_k.pdf
Oh, I get it. "Harmful if swallowed" in Slovak is "Zdraviu škodlivý pri požití" But the "SV" language is definitely Germanic, not Slavic. So I think it must be "Svensk"--The Swedish word for "Swedish" Google translate says "harmful if swallowed" in Swedish is "Farligt vid förtäring" which is sort of similar to the label. Serbian would be in a Cyrillic alphabet, so that's why I'm guessing Czech language. Google says the Czech translation is "Zdraví škodlivý při požití"
So I think the abbreviations are not the standard ones for computer systems, but abbreviations that people who speak those languages would recognize.

Why is this interesting to me? আমি কোন ধারণাই নেই

Capitán Bastos

Presanteur
Warnings in 9 languages. Impressive. Let's see if I can identify the languages:
- English
- German
- French
- Italian
- Spanish
- Dutch
- SV - That looks like a Scandanavian language - is there like a generic Scandanavian language? Or does it default to Norwegian? Icelandic would be the logical default, but I don't see any thorns (þ)
- Czech
- Polish

So if you are Chinese, Russian, Japanese, Slovakian, Turkish, Arabic, Danish, Portugese, Catalan, Ukrainian, Irish, Welsh etc. you are SOL. You won't be warned about the danger of ingesting minute quantities of kavain.
SV is swedish in this case.

Jonathan

All Hail Leon
There probably wouldn't be any harm in a small amount. But kava effects are known to be interactive, so I would hesitate to experiment with a single kavalactone.
Ah sure, that makes sense. Guessing from my experience with high kavain cultivars, pure kavain might be more like an amphetamine, which combined with the unknown could certainly be harmful. I could see how one wouldn't want to just try it.

Capitán Bastos

Presanteur
I remember reading about liver toxicity in animal studies (mice). The mice were given pure kavain and the study concluded that the kavain was liver toxic. Not at all sure if that's the case. That said, @MikeB if your reason for using kava is anxiety, why do you want pure kavain?
So far, when I've read reviews on kavas making people anxious and jittery, the kava has been high in kavain. To me it makes sense that the kavain shines more when the more sedating kavalactones are in play as well. I remember trying Tanna Kaolik for the first time, I wrote a review on this forum, it was very stimulating, bordering on uncomfortable. While the Vanuatu Blend No 7 and the latteral only from paradise kava were uplifting, but also pleasant. To each his own, I guess. When I have a stressful day ahead of me, I'll have a couple of shells spaced out before I leave home and bring a couple of kava candies with me.

MikeB

I like Mo'i
@Capitán Bastos - my favorite strain ever is GHK's Mo'i. I tend to like headier strains because they chill me out, but don't put me to sleep.

@Deleted User - still new to this forum so not sure what awesome mad science stuff you're up to, but I'll say this: if you ever figure out what kavalactones are in 1 Tbsp of Mo'i and put it in pill form, I will you pay you money every single month for the rest of my natural life!!

MikeB

I like Mo'i
@Deleted User - thank you for that info! Do you know how many total grams of kavalactones that amounts to for a single dose, say 1 Tbsp instant or micro?

verticity

I'm interested in things
You can get it from Fluka (now Sigma Aldrich), but I think the secret message was "don't take pure Kavain, you idiot!"
Obviously highly purified drug chemicals should be treated with respect. But he made it sound like some kind of controlled substance, which it ain't. It's just expensive as heck. Now I certainly wouldn't want some rich idiot to try snorting the stuff or something: That would probably cause the bad effects sometimes associated with high kavain strains to the extreme--like anxiety, without the other KLs to balance it, and the experience would likely be pretty unpleasant. Besides the fact that these analytical standards are truly not meant for human consumption. There could be residue of whatever solvents they use in the extraction process, such as acetone, and who knows what else they use to purify it. Don't see why the message has to be secret..

verticity

I'm interested in things
And @Deleted User - I actually am a bit surprised by your picture because I was under the impression that kavain was yellow. But you standard is colorless (white). I think I picked up that impression from this picture in the book "Hawaiian 'Awa: Views of an Ethnobotanical Treasure"
kl_colors.jpg

DMY and yangonin are obviously yellow, and kavain appears to be kind of yellow, too, but maybe that is a trick of the light, or the kavain is not completely pure...