What's new

Still no kava :(

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I lived in Schenectady for about a year doing an internship. Playing hockey outside on natural ice was a novelty. But then came The Ice Storm (you know the one if you lived around there) Later, the Mohawk river flooded and came within an inch of entering my apartment, and then it froze again and entombed a bunch of cars and bikes. Fortunately the town is very bicycle friendly and I moved my truck up the hill before it was too late. Winter weather never fazed the locals. They'd drive old rear wheel drive domestic sedans in the worst winter storms like it was no big deal. My neighbors from Trinidad and the Dominican Republic, on the other hand, treated winter excursions like astronauts suiting up for a walk on Mars. I think they had the right idea.

We were close to the Adirondacks, which are beyond beautiful. Montreal, NYC and Boston were all feasible weekend trips. I got to witness Rachel Ray on local TV before she became a national celebrity chef, and I met the Unabomber's brother once. He was a professor at Union College. That was a little awkward.
I used to live in Baltimore when the local ABC station, channel 13, had a small general interest show hosted by Oprah Winfrey. This was a very long time ago. Once saw Michael Hedges playing in a coffee house there. And went to lots of gigs by Crack the Sky, Ruth Copeland, Quicksilver. When Baltimore forms a relationship with a band it gets really tight. Other than that it is basically hell on earth, like the song only worse.

Tictoc

We apologized for Bryan Adams long ago, that's ancient history.

Kava is legal in Canada to buy and own and drink. Selling it is kind of weird sometimes, so you don't have nakamals, e.g., but it isn't really all that hard to get, just not as easy or as cheap to get in the US and there really isn't much of a kava culture anywhere yet. On a side note, cannabis was made legal effective a week ago, but it's sort of a mess as to getting any in some places, and nowhere near as nice as kava.
hi if you know any Fijians there, you’ll definitely find kava there.