What's new

The AluBottle Is Finally Here!

LabRat

Kava Curious
Looks very nice, I noticed that the overall liquid capacity has been increased,the real question, I and I feel confident that everyone wants to know is is the capacity of the Aluball been increased as well?

Kavafied

Kava Vendor
Looks very nice, I noticed that the overall liquid capacity has been increased,the real question, I and I feel confident that everyone wants to know is is the capacity of the Aluball been increased as well?
New bottle, same aluball

Donwanagan

Kava Curious
Very very cool.
Aluball was my first kava experience and still a staple. I see the bottom is rounded, ill be interested to see how that improves the ball mixing into the water, as i imagine it making the water sort of bottle neck into the end and be forced through the ball as it impacts that point.
Also the shell cap, that's very creative lol. Genius.
Overall, ill be happy to try this out!

Kavafied

Kava Vendor
Very very cool.
Aluball was my first kava experience and still a staple. I see the bottom is rounded, ill be interested to see how that improves the ball mixing into the water, as i imagine it making the water sort of bottle neck into the end and be forced through the ball as it impacts that point.
Also the shell cap, that's very creative lol. Genius.
Overall, ill be happy to try this out!
The rounded bottom and shatter resistant tritan material reduces fatigue on the aluball and bottle when in use. A concern we addressed for those who like making more concentrated shells of kava ::alubottle::::shell::::chugger::
Our favorite new feature is the ALuShell cap bc drinking kava from a shell is just right.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
We had all Kava drinkers in mind with the AluBottle. View attachment 8490 Here's a size comparison. At about 36oz capacity, it is a great way to take Kava with you and also have a shell to drink out of regardless of how you prepare your roots.
Wow triple balling will be nice on that :)

Any larger balls or better meshing in the near future?

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
So I figured its almost Friday - and I'm only drinking a couple of shells of kava per week while I go through this f'ing detox thing - so went ahead and attempted to shake up a small amount of kava. Wow this thing has capacity! My 8ozs of kava looks very sad in this big bottle! Anyways, my only complaint about the bottle is that its too big for my hands! My hand barely gets half way round the bottle! Really hard to get a good grip and shake well like I could with the original. I'll just have to shimmy shake a little longer!

ETA - Its not so bad for little hands - just takes a little getting used to!

Last edited:

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
Woo-hoo my order landed today. Such epic upgrades for the shaker bottle. I love the seal rings of the bilo and lid. The rounded bottom, the heavy duty plastic, the bilo, the size, the dog print,.... So much to love!
Got here just in time to test drive it with some Lawena before going to see a bluegrass tribute to Phish.
20171012_170626.jpg
20171012_172348.jpg

Kimmer

Patently irritable
So I figured its almost Friday - and I'm only drinking a couple of shells of kava per week while I go through this f'ing detox thing - so went ahead and attempted to shake up a small amount of kava. Wow this thing has capacity! My 8ozs of kava looks very sad in this big bottle! Anyways, my only complaint about the bottle is that its too big for my hands! My hand barely gets half way round the bottle! Really hard to get a good grip and shake well like I could with the original. I'll just have to shimmy shake a little longer!

ETA - Its not so bad for little hands - just takes a little getting used to!
That was my experience too. Absolutely love it but I need the hands of a football player.
I shake mine side to side, so it was okay. Quadruple Aluballin tonight :)

kasa_balavu

Yaqona Dina
Great work, @Kavafied.
Interesting to compare your invention with the massive fail that was the $120M Juicero.

Next step, the Alushaker 9000. You fill it up before you leave for work, it detects your stress levels based on your social media activity during the day (How? It's internet connected, silly!). Then it detects when you walk in the door and starts shaking itself and sends you a tweet when it's ready. It goes without saying that it has built-in tech that detects tudei and chlorophyll and will refuse to shake if it does. :LOL:

Last edited:

Travis

Kava Enthusiast
Just got mine today. I wanted an aluball for a while and held off to wait for the alubottle. This thing looks very nice. I know Matt worked hard on this and it paid off. Can't wait to use it.
I'm also looking forward to the AluBucket, maybe next year?

verticity

I'm interested in things
Great work, @Kavafied.
Interesting to compare your invention with failure that was the $120M Juicero.

Next step, the Alushaker 9000. You fill it up before you leave for work, it detects your stress levels based on your social media activity during the day (How? It's internet connected of course, silly!). Then it detects when you walk in the door and starts shaking itself and sends you a tweet when it's ready. It goes without saying that it has built-in tech that detects tudei and chlorophyll and will refuse to shake if it does. :LOL:
At least preparing kava requires a little bit of work which the aluball actually does make easier, as opposed to having a $400 machine to dispense juice that you can just pour out of the packet...

But seriously if there were a machine that could squeeze a batch of kava for me so I could set it to be ready at like 5 PM every day, I would probably spend money for that...

kasa_balavu

Yaqona Dina
But seriously if there were a machine that could squeeze a batch of kava for me so I could set it to be ready at like 5 PM every day, I would probably spend money for that...
A cross between a bread maker (for the kneading) and the juicero would be good. You pour in a jug of water and throw in bag of kava (a nut milk bag with a velcro strip opening) and set a timer. It keeps the kava soaked for the time you set and then starts kneading. You could use built-in refrigeration to stop it spoiling, or have the bag of kava sit above the water and only drop in at kneading time.

Unfortunately the cleanup would be worse than just hand-kneading and negate any benefits.

verticity

I'm interested in things
A cross between a bread maker (for the kneading) and the juicero would be good. You pour in a jug of water and throw in bag of kava (a nut milk bag with a velcro strip opening) and set a timer. It keeps the kava soaked for the time you set and then starts kneading. You could use built-in refrigeration to stop it spoiling, or have the bag of kava sit above the water and only drop in at kneading time.

Unfortunately the cleanup would be worse than just hand-kneading and negate any benefits.
Yup, being self-cleaning would be another requirement to make it worthwhile..

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Great work, @Kavafied.
Interesting to compare your invention with the massive fail that was the $120M Juicero.

Next step, the Alushaker 9000. You fill it up before you leave for work, it detects your stress levels based on your social media activity during the day (How? It's internet connected, silly!). Then it detects when you walk in the door and starts shaking itself and sends you a tweet when it's ready. It goes without saying that it has built-in tech that detects tudei and chlorophyll and will refuse to shake if it does. :LOL:
Bluetooth :)

kavamehameha

Magnum's 'awa drinking bird
@Kavafied This bottle looks stunning. I'm getting my order ready at the moment. Is there any special coupon for kavaforums members, an "AluBottle release coupon" or something like that? Just don't want to miss out any cool deals if there are any. ::alubottle::