What's new

The Facts about PNG and Solomon Kava

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
I totally agree with Deleted User on this...
And the message that "judd" sent him in response to Deleted User asking about the solomons kava,, Im not sure how to take it....
I would much rather have the test results come from "someome" that has the right lab,someone thats highly respected in the kava community..someone that we all have grown to respect! His website (truekava.com) is a place I would trust more then a mysterious so called "lab" that we dont have any info on..like why should we trust thier numbers for the solomon when clearly judd doesnt want to trust or listen to Deleted User?
Im kinda in the middle here...
I have nothing against the bula kava house or anyone for that matter, the only thing that I care about Is my kava being NOBLE! :)
And that should be the most important thing at the moment...
Even if for instance, BKH only sold 2day kava...its up to us and the rest of the kava community to help them or whoever, change their ways! If for some reason "they" refuse to test there kava more.or more over..let Deleted User test it so we have a person we trust test each individual sample of kava that a particular vendor sells ect...

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
Oh and Deleted User. Could you please post the results for the solomon so everyone can see what were talking about?

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
If that's the BKH Solomon, the test is nearly identical to the N@H Solomon.
Which might suggest it's the same source crop.

@Deleted User do those appear to be completely tudei or borderline mixed/tudei.
Then I start wondering where Solomon Islands are getting tudei from. Has it been introduced, the same way Melo and Borogu were brought there ? Are Solomon exporters importing tudei and reselling it as Solomon Kava. Decades have passed since that chart I posted was made, the that chart claims Solomon Island to have no Piper Methysticum(no noble/no tudei), only Wichmanii.

If they were shipping Wichmanii, then the color would differ even from tudei.
Unless, mixing Wichmannii with noble = color of tudei.
hmm

Last edited:

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks Deleted User,
And yes this is for the BKH solomon kava...
I do remember seeing the N@H solomon, dont remember the test results but Im gona go look lol..
If they are the same for the most part then theres a good chance they do come from the same place/crop...
These numbers did not match or even come close to what BKH said about their test for this solomon...

verticity

I'm interested in things
@Deleted User do those appear to be completely tudei or borderline mixed/tudei.
The K/DHM of 1.92 is noble--in fact it is comparable to GHK Hawaiians--but the orange acetone test suggests adulteration, so it's not really clear: it could be adulterated (likely), or it could be an anomolous acetone test (like 11-Year). The chemotype does explain why users report heady effects: it's dominated by K and DHK.

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
This is what he said , "It is noble as verified by HPLC with a 246 chemotype and approximately 9% overall lactone content."

Somewhere I thought I saw more about this solomon island kava but at the moment, thats the only thing I could find....

verticity

I'm interested in things
This is what he said , "It is noble as verified by HPLC with a 246 chemotype and approximately 9% overall lactone content."

Somewhere I thought I saw more about this solomon island kava but at the moment, thats the only thing I could find....
That's actually possible, since M and DHM are quite close in Deleted User's result. But what's missing is the result for FK/KL which would show adulteration (or not). The chemotype alone cannot prove that there is no adulteration.

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
I agree...
It sucks when there is unknowns,
I just figured we all would like to know whats going into our bodies...
We pay good mooney for this kava, we have to take the word of the vendors. And most of the vendors are awesome! :) letting us know all about their products ect...
I just wish all vendors cared about thier customers...

Last edited:

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
Nice info :)
I agree, even a blend of noble/2day kava is still shit in my book.even if Im new to kava compared to alot of you guys...Iv read enough to know that I only want noble kava :)

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
You can't verify something noble with a chemotype. That's not enough. You need to look for other things as well. And talk about ratios. And total DHM. The full data from the test runs would be needed.

D

Deleted User01

When the kavatradition guy came in the other day, he was also selling Solomons. For the past 3 years, there has only been one Solomons that I know of until now. It doesn't seem logical that all of a sudden both Judd, Chris, and KavaTraditions are all getting Solomons from different sources. It's just weird that all of a sudden we are being bombarded with Solomons Kava.
::frosty:: Me thinketh, something stinketh.
::ricky::Yes, there is big trouble in little Havana.
::evillaugh2:: Brawh Ha Ha Ha Ha, Brawh Ha Ha Ha Ha. Everything is falling into place.
:hungry: Hey, don't bogart the popcorn.