What's new

Welcome to all the new folks.

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer
That sounds beyond strange. What exactly do you mean by having "bad anxiety"? When did it start and how long did it last?

How much did you use and did you drink it on an empty stomach?
I thought so too and was disappointed because I was excited about it. As you can see above had like 12 bags of the Yogi kava with no problem so I thought I would be fine. I started sipping on it about 4:30 after a small snack and continued to sip about 6 oz through the course of about 6 hours. I ate rather large dinner around 7:00

I did not have any anxiety during this time or at night trying to sleep. Actually good laying there listening to music but just could not get to sleep. After I did finally get to sleep I got about 6 hours then next day felt bad, nausea, not bad anxiety but some anxiety-overall was a feeling I do not want to repeat.

If there is one kava least likely to cause anxiety I would appreciate the info. on what that would be, maybe I could try that or like I said maybe try the instant.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Going straight from yogi tea to stone is a pretty big step up. How much root powder did you use? Stone is definitely strong stuff, you may have used a little much.

On the whole kava tends to help rather than harm anxiety. If you find it continues you could certainly try something gentler, maybe the BKH sampler pack and see what you like out of there.

infraredz

BULA!
+1 to ^

Also, as far as kava varieties go, Stone is going to be one of the strongest (just behind some tudei/ISA) in regards to the anxiolytic and sedative effects.

ApéroNoble

I was set to wait longer than this before trying kava again but last night I decided to try a little Vanuatu instant green I actually purchased in case the straining process proved to time consuming or at the least thinking it would be good to take whist traveling.

I guess I really just wish to bring a sense of proportion to my post for any new people happening upon the thread. The instant worked great last night and I only used half the recommended dose, this morning I feel good. I have had zero of the issues I experienced with stone.

I can only think I made it way to potent as the experience of drinking the stone was extreme uncomfortable numbness of my throat whilst the instant at most was perhaps a touch of numbness in the mouth.

If you are one like me and see everyone talking about getting krunked:happy: and think you will jump right in because after all it is only a natural root and you have tried all kinds of things, I would resist that urge:facepalm:

Last edited:

endwatcher

Is there death before life?
Dehydration can cause alot of anxiety.
Are you sure you drink enough water, and get enough electrolites?

I always know when Im getting dehydrated, I get manic/anxiety like attacks that go right away after downing 3-4 large cups of water.
I usually drink about 1 GAL. a day

I was pretty well Rooted my first go-about, but it was Amazon swag, and gave me the "head sickness" feeling.
Then went to BKH Melo Melo, and fell in love "Thanks Judd"

And Im a guy that dont like the "drug" feeling. Kava just feels "right"
So if a newb does it right, Kava will do a newb right. ;)

I LOVE the numbing, the more numbing it is......the better the extraction!
As for stone, I didnt care for it...and its not for everyone.

Good Hawaiin AWA is usually the way to go for Newb's.
Its least likely to cause stomach distress, its light on the body, with a overall peace inducing, social catalystic effect.
Very natural, and consumable
Keep us posted

BULA!

D

Deleted User01

Infraredz, per the hostility in other forums. Remember the rule here, you have to be krunked to post. I think that drains the hostility outta ya. We all have hostility based on general unhappiness with all kinds of things. But Kava gives our hostility "a good talking to". Yup, the Kava is always talking.

CanAwa

1 kava 2 kava 3 kava COUCH
Im with endwatcher on this one .I also think water is the key ..the one time I felt bad effects after kava I was severely dehydrated.

infraredz

BULA!
Infraredz, per the hostility in other forums. Remember the rule here, you have to be krunked to post. I think that drains the hostility outta ya. We all have hostility based on general unhappiness with all kinds of things. But Kava gives our hostility "a good talking to". Yup, the Kava is always talking.
That "rule" was only a guideline that the Prince put in place in the old Yuku sub-forum of "Kava Culture".

Just so all the newbs know you can still post if you're not "krunk", but of course, you can ALWAYS post if after some kava. ;)

D

Deleted User01

And the prince is back and ready to dispense his sage yet krunked advice.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

ApéroNoble

Dehydration can cause alot of anxiety.
Are you sure you drink enough water, and get enough electrolites?

I always know when Im getting dehydrated, I get manic/anxiety like attacks that go right away after downing 3-4 large cups of water.
I usually drink about 1 GAL. a day

I was pretty well Rooted my first go-about, but it was Amazon swag, and gave me the "head sickness" feeling.
Then went to BKH Melo Melo, and fell in love "Thanks Judd"

And Im a guy that dont like the "drug" feeling. Kava just feels "right"
So if a newb does it right, Kava will do a newb right. ;)

I LOVE the numbing, the more numbing it is......the better the extraction!
As for stone, I didnt care for it...and its not for everyone.

Good Hawaiin AWA is usually the way to go for Newb's.
Its least likely to cause stomach distress, its light on the body, with a overall peace inducing, social catalystic effect.
Very natural, and consumable
Keep us posted

BULA!
I drink at least a gallon a day of spring water because I cycle in the morning and workout in the afternoon. I drink the Now foods Effer-C which has electrolytes so I dunno. I am sipping on the Vanuatu again tonight and feel nice. All I can say is dat stone ain't no joke mon.

Last edited:

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
About the "Post Krunk" rule, it was specifically for the topics where people are likely to have wild disagreements, e.g. religion and politics. The reason is both to help smooth over disagreements, and more importantly to help find a cultural subtext in the way we act and react with each other (the purpose of culture) while krunk (the purpose of kava).

Since kava isn't free (with the exception of free kava, of course), a global post-krunk rule would have the effect of inhibiting, rather than stimulating, the conversation that keeps these forums alive.