What's new

Would love your help...next flavor of Kava Candy???

What flavor of Kava Candy should be next? Please pick your top choice. Thank you!

• Chocolate Mint

• Ginger

• Pineapple

• Vanilla

• Coconut

• Cinnamon

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
Aloha ~ Just wanted to say hi and share this fun collaboration :headphones: with this girl Karissa who we will be following on a travel adventure through Europe and Iceland. Being stuck on Oahu for a while (we have three dogs which makes it hard to leave sometimes) does give you the "island fever" syndrome. I actually like it but recently went to California for my step-son graduation and its always an eye-opening experience. I know...California may not be too exotic but usually the first day or so, it seems exotic to me :) Had a chance to check out Melo Melo Kava Bar in Berkeley and meet one of the owners Nico. Very cool place and their concoctions are pretty damm good!!!

I always felt that kava + travel go hand in hand as both typically take us on journey of exploration...I always tend to have cool dreams after drinking kava and sleeping in a new place ::shell::.

HAPPY TRAVELS THIS SUMMER!

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Okay, so I actually thought pretty deeply about this. Pineapple would just be another citrusy sweet thing, so it wouldn't add breadth. I think Ginger would be awesome because it compliments the flavor of Kava (it has that spicy quality) and would really cover up the "unpleasantness" (which I don't find unpleasant). Chocolate Mint sounds a bit overwhelming. I'm thinking the Coconut or Vanilla (or a Coconut-Vanilla) would be good. But I'm voting Ginger.

verticity

I'm interested in things
... I actually like it but recently went to California for my step-son graduation and its always an eye-opening experience. I know...California may not be too exotic but usually the first day or so, it seems exotic to me :) Had a chance to check out Melo Melo Kava Bar in Berkeley and meet one of the owners Nico. ...
Berkeley can be pretty exotic...
http://www.zombietime.com/how_berkeley_can_you_be/

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
@Kavasseur Thanks! I have played with all these flavor profiles before and sometimes it comes down to the fine-tuning. Have always loved ginger with kava! Love chocolate and kava too!

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
@verticity Thanks for posting the pics! Too funny...definitely a different, fun microcosm in its own right. I went Cal for school sometime ago and it still surprises me..i think the energy of the young eager minds + street hustle still surprises me :)

verticity

I'm interested in things
@verticity Thanks for posting the pics! Too funny...definitely a different, fun microcosm in its own right. I went Cal for school sometime ago and it still surprises me..i think the energy of the young eager minds + street hustle still surprises me :)
Yes, it is a strange combination of young eager minds, brilliant professors, and literally crazy people. I went to grad school there during the days of the "Naked Guy", who was an undergraduate who would go around everywhere--to classes, etc--butt naked. Sadly, it later turned out he wasn't going through some kind of phase, but was just mentally ill... There was "Pink Man" who is pictured above, and also "Hate Man" who would yell at everyone on campus, occasional riots on Telegraph Avenue. There was a guy who would stand on Sproul Plaza and sing out-of-key show tunes. One time I saw a fully grown hog wandering around on the campus. Random naked people in the street (in addition to the Naked Guy himself). There was the Thai place in the "Gourmet Ghetto" where when you went to eat with a group of people, at least one person would always find an insect in their food...

Ah, the memories..

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
@Steve I would definitely buy Ginger flavor by the case, wait I already do :D, but I think that would be an awesome flavor. Cinnamon sounds delicious as well :)

Jonathan

All Hail Leon
The idea of ginger kava candies has my mouth watering already. I would seriously order the retailer package if you came out with those.

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
@verticity hey, we probably went around the same time. I remember the naked guy in one of my classes. I met the Pink Man...he was actually really cool guy. I believe he is a software developer during the day...PINK by night. Poor guy got lots of abuse though...I was talking to him one time and someone threw a water balloon - he sure was good on that unicycle....lol

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
Thanks guys! I think ginger is the front runner. Will have to see if I can make it all natural but might be really expensive. I looked into different ingredients previously and this was one of the factors. Birch beer flavor would surely be interesting :)

Rooty2D

Kava Curious
I think I would follow her around the world (y) , but seriously I would vote for the ginger and I usually buy your candies by the case because they are already very good .

Last edited:

kavayo

Kava Enthusiast
Ginger. Have you ever had Chimes Ginger Candies? Holy Fck. And it would help with any possible nausea too.

Sam Handwich

Kava Enthusiast
So I voted ginger a few days ago and since have been trying to imagine a different flavor everytime I have a candy. After all of this highly scientific research I am sticking to my guns...definitely ginger, that would be awesome.

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
Anything without sorbitol, please. That stuff gives me the Hershey squirts.

Stevia, ace-K, saccharin, aspartame, even sugar... Anything but sorbitol. Please.
@kastom_lif sorry, I think I accidentally tagged @Sam Handwich ..working on something without sorbitol. Totally understand the stomach issues. Hopefully I can make something else work in the formula. Keeping fingers crossed as there are some technical hurdles.