What's new

Would love your help...next flavor of Kava Candy???

What flavor of Kava Candy should be next? Please pick your top choice. Thank you!

• Chocolate Mint

• Ginger

• Pineapple

• Vanilla

• Coconut

• Cinnamon

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
Actually Steve I hate to complain but...if you're messing with the formula I'd love a non-sorbitol one. Not concerned with artificial sweetener in general, just sorbitol plays hell on my insides
Been working on this and I don't think I can completely take out the sorbitol but I can reduce it by over 60%..I feel ya on any stomach issues people have with sorbitol

KavaCat

Meow.
Totally on board with ginger, but PLEASE, please make it a strong, natural, fresh ginger. Ginger flavoring is pretty meh, and fresh ginger candies pretty well. Consider chai tea flavor! It is hands down, my favorite liquid to which to add instant kava. The blend of all those spices and smooth milk go very well. I'm actually for a non-sorbitol candy too. I would honestly not mind a few calories for a true sugar candy. I know some people can't eat it, but on the other hand, some people can't eat sorbitol, either. It would be great if we had a choice between either/ or sorbitol or sugar.

Last edited:

Crunked

Proselytizer
Have to agree that natural ginger rather than artificial ginger flavouring is far more appealing.

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
@KavaCat - cudos on the picture of Nala for your profile. I actually got a friend a Nala shirt for christmas :) Will do my best guys with the ginger!

verticity

I'm interested in things
I'm just wondering: what special properties does sorbitol have that erithrytol does not have that make sorbitol work better? And for regular sugar, the same question. Is there a problem making the candies with regular sugar rather than artificial sweetener? It seems like sugar cane would be a natural pairing..

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
I'm just wondering: what special properties does sorbitol have that erithrytol does not have that make sorbitol work better? And for regular sugar, the same question. Is there a problem making the candies with regular sugar rather than artificial sweetener? It seems like sugar cane would be a natural pairing..
There are some technical variations in ingredients and combinations that make the candy "stick together" better and also machinery use. One issue with regular sugar is calories...I use to manufacture a kava drink using Hawaiian Cane sugar and many people did not like the calories. The taste was great though....its going to be a balance for sure. Erithrytol typically comes in MASS minimum quantities for things like Pepsi products which can be a limiting factor for a small business like mine :)

verticity

I'm interested in things
There are some technical variations in ingredients and combinations that make the candy "stick together" better and also machinery use. One issue with regular sugar is calories...I use to manufacture a kava drink using Hawaiian Cane sugar and many people did not like the calories. The taste was great though....its going to be a balance for sure. Erithrytol typically comes in MASS minimum quantities for things like Pepsi products which can be a limiting factor for a small business like mine :)
So basically erithrytol is too expensive... I can appreciate that.
However I think many people here might appreciate a cane sugar version, despite the calories...

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
So basically erithrytol is too expensive... I can appreciate that.
However I think many people here might appreciate a cane sugar version, despite the calories...
It appears also that the binding properties - ability to hold together are a factor as well. I will be trying many things so it is not out of the question...appreciate all the feedback and helps in the process!!!

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
There's a lot more going on in this candy than I realized.

Maybe if hard candy doesn't stick together without sorbitol, would a gummy candy work?

Jonathan

All Hail Leon
I for one really appreciate that the candies don't use sugar. I try to limit sugar in my diet as much as possible, and one of the main things that draws me to these candies is the lack of refined sugar. My personal vote would be to not use it. I don't have a problem with the sorbitol, though I know other people do. But I would continue to advocate for an alternative sweetener with a low glycemic index.