What's new

Stupid bluelighters

D

Deleted User01

If you want to learn about psychoactive drugs, here are a couple good books to read:
@verticity, are you serious? I think most of us wrote the book on Psychoactive drugs (in our youth) and that's why we are here today. I will admit that I never did Heroine. And I'm trying to remember if I ever did angel dust. Probably not since a guy on our dorm floor "shot it up". Yeah, he was an ex jock and a stoner with shit for brains. They baby sat him all night long. He thought he was going to die and it was a good lesson for the rest of us. But I think I did everything else .... I just don't remember. :LOL:

verticity

I'm interested in things
@verticity, are you serious? I think most of us wrote the book on Psychoactive drugs (in our youth) and that's why we are here today. I will admit that I never did Heroine. And I'm trying to remember if I ever did angel dust. Probably not since a guy on our dorm floor "shot it up". Yeah, he was an ex jock and a stoner with shit for brains. They baby sat him all night long. He thought he was going to die and it was a good lesson for the rest of us. But I think I did everything else .... I just don't remember. :LOL:
PCP does have a powerful amnesiac effect, so if you can't remember that means you definitely did... :wacky:

I am serious and I apologize for not listing you as co-author. :D But I think there are a lot of young people who go to sites like Bluelight (and yes, also here) looking for good information about drugs. I posted that because I think they are more likely to find good information in those books than on bluelight, etc. But of course Kava Forums is your #1 source for accurate kava information! (y)

D

Deleted User01

@verticity, oh Snap! You are trying to help the kiddies and show them the light. In that case, I was just joking about all that drug stuff. Anyway, in the 70s, everyone thought it was cool and now it is very uncool. And still very un-legal. Beside, we didn't have kava back then. Now we have better choices.

verticity

I'm interested in things
@verticity, oh Snap! You are trying to help the kiddies and show them the light. In that case, I was just joking about all that drug stuff. Anyway, in the 70s, everyone thought it was cool and now it is very uncool. And still very un-legal. Beside, we didn't have kava back then. Now we have better choices.
Of course you were joking. :sneaky:
During the 70s there was a time when certain drugs (pot, acid, etc) were "cool". But even back then, the so-called "hard drugs" were not considered "cool". In the hippie ethos then, things like mj were "mind-expanding" but things like alcohol, speed or heroin were the opposite, and their use was basically confined to subcultures of hard drug users. I think today, the category of "cool" drugs has actually expanded to include things that used to be considered dangerous. Of course society has also become more fragmented, so there are some communities and subcultures where all drugs are totally uncool, and others where they are accepted to varying degrees.

D

Deleted User01

@verticity, and not to mention all the burn out cases who are there to set the example of what not to do. "What happened to him man". Reply, "Too much Acid dude". A few of those come to mind. Hmmm, I wonder what they are doing now .... You used to see those guys selling candles on the "main drag" in Austin Texas. I'll bet they ain't welcome anymore. By the by, Alcohol was always cool back then. Nothing like a cold beer to cure a bad case of cotton mouth. But the frat rats were the ones that really abused alcohol the most. Their vomit decorated many a dorm bathroom on the weekends. :eek:

verticity

I'm interested in things
@verticity, and not to mention all the burn out cases who are there to set the example of what not to do. "What happened to him man". Reply, "Too much Acid dude". A few of those come to mind. Hmmm, I wonder what they are doing now ....
The thing is, mental illnesses like schizophrenia tend to first manifest symptoms when people are young adults, at the same time they tend to experiment with drugs. It's possible that acid and mj could trigger psychosis in some people; but it is more likely that would happen in someone who was predisposed to get mentally ill anyway. And in some cases there may be no more relation between the drugs and the mental illness than the coincidence of timing.

~A good book that addresses those issues is The Eden Express by Mark Vonnegut (Kurt Vonnegut's son). It's his autobiography of his early years, when he was a hippie who did a lot of drugs, and also suffered from schizophrenia. (I later saw him talk, and he said he thought it wasn't actually schizophrenia, but bipolar mania...)
Amazon product

D

Deleted User01

@verticity, I totally agree with you on that theory that they were already psycho to begin with. These guys were already a little off the beaten track and the Acid just took them to their final destination and quickly.

Yeah, Hurling is an Olympic sport. You get 20 frat rats on a team and 2 kegs of beer. I leave the rest to your imagination.

Blinkyrocket

Kava Enthusiast
Causing depression without the benefit of actually working makes kava not too wonderful to me. I'm still giving it a shot, and found out that much of my discomfort came from tension in my abdominal muscles when exhaling that made every breath frustrating to breathe. Still, the inconsistency and the inability to work without stipulations don't make me believe that it's all that great. Even if I'm anxious about drinking alcohol, I know that anxiety will eventually be gone after drinking, instead of amplified. And there's a sense of satisfaction with alcohol that allows me to let it sit for awhile, with kava it just induces a sense of dissatisfaction with the world. This is the most unpleasant aspect of kava, it seems to make things uninteresting in an "already seen it" kind of way.

I don't put too much weight behind what I just said because of accounts to the contrary, but I worded it like that so one could see that kava doesn't seem to be perfect, and I doubt that to be just because of my personal biology, I just think some people are in consistently better moods, or don't care to have their minds dulled. I think it would be fine if it wasn't so anti-dopaminergic, there are actually cases of induced Parkinson's with Kava. (I think)

I get so nauseous after drinking alcohol that that's definitely one of the deterrents to drink it everyday. It just sickens me to think about the smell and taste.

Last edited:

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Causing depression without the benefit of actually working makes kava not too wonderful to me. I'm still giving it a shot, and found out that much of my discomfort came from tension in my abdominal muscles when exhaling that made every breath frustrating to breathe. Still, the inconsistency and the inability to work without stipulations don't make me believe that it's all that great. Even if I'm anxious about drinking alcohol, I know that anxiety will eventually be gone after drinking, instead of amplified. And there's a sense of satisfaction with alcohol that allows me to let it sit for awhile, with kava it just induces a sense of dissatisfaction with the world. This is the most unpleasant aspect of kava, it seems to make things uninteresting in an "already seen it" kind of way.

I don't put too much weight behind what I just said because of accounts to the contrary, but I worded it like that so one could see that kava doesn't seem to be perfect, and I doubt that to be just because of my personal biology, I just think some people are in consistently better moods, or don't care to have their minds dulled. I think it would be fine if it wasn't so anti-dopaminergic, there are actually cases of induced Parkinson's with Kava. (I think)

I get so nauseous after drinking alcohol that that's definitely one of the deterrents to drink it everyday. It just sickens me to think about the smell and taste.
Kava is not for everybody, some people don't react well to it, I can tell you from my past 20+ years of drinking experience, alcohol is much worst. I could be wrong but I never heard of Parkinson's from kava consumption. Do you have a scientific article that illustrates that?
You are right though kava is not perfect. For me, there were some adjustments I had to make in my lifestyle to get the most from kava. If you are searching for a perfect drug or supplement that will address all your problems, you probably won't find it. If you do let me know. Like @Deleted User01 pointed out I have also tried every drug under the sun and again none of them fixed any of my problems, they added to them.
I had to fix my problems (on my own), kava is a supplement that helps me deal with the daily BS we call life.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Kava is not for everybody, some people don't react well to it, I can tell you from my past 20+ years of drinking experience, alcohol is much worst. I could be wrong but I never heard of Parkinson's from kava consumption. Do you have a scientific article that illustrates that?
You are right though kava is not perfect. For me, there were some adjustments I had to make in my lifestyle to get the most from kava. If you are searching for a perfect drug or supplement that will address all your problems, you probably won't find it. If you do let me know. Like @Deleted User01 pointed out I have also tried every drug under the sun and again none of them fixed any of my problems, they added to them.
I had to fix my problems (on my own), kava is a supplement that helps me deal with the daily BS we call life.
Please see my comments here:
http://kavaforums.com/forum/threads...mentia-with-anticholinergics.8030/#post-95591
and here:
http://kavaforums.com/forum/threads...mentia-with-anticholinergics.8030/#post-95615
TL;DR: There have been a couple cases reported of kava causing temporary Parkinsonian symptoms, but that is a completely different thing from saying kava has caused Parkinson's disease, which has never happened.

But, yeah, kava is not perfect for everyone. It does have side effects like any other substance. But for me it has proven to be very helpful, and much less harmful than the other crap I used to do.

I also suffer from depression, and benefit from prescription antidepressants, so that may be worth looking into.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Please see my comments here:
http://kavaforums.com/forum/threads...mentia-with-anticholinergics.8030/#post-95591
and here:
http://kavaforums.com/forum/threads...mentia-with-anticholinergics.8030/#post-95615
TL;DR: There have been a couple cases reported of kava causing temporary Parkinsonian symptoms, but that is a completely different thing from saying kava has caused Parkinson's disease, which has never happened.

But, yeah, kava is not perfect for everyone. It does have side effects like any other substance. But for me it has proven to be very helpful, and much less harmful than the other crap I used to do.

I also suffer from depression, and benefit from prescription antidepressants, so that may be worth looking into.
Right and I see a therapist for talk therapy, it's what I meant by fixing my life beyond the expectation that any or one drug is going to fix my problems.
EDIT: That first thread you mentioned, the word kava-kava raises some red flags for me, because likely this woman was taking some sub par version of what us regular kava drinkers enjoy. Kind of makes me think twice about tudei kava to be honest, because I have mentioned that I don't mind consuming it, 5-10% of the time.

Last edited:

verticity

I'm interested in things
Right and I see a therapist for talk therapy, it's what I meant by fixing my life beyond the expectation that any or one drug is going to fix my problems.
EDIT: That first thread you mentioned, the word kava-kava raises some red flags for me, because likely this woman was taking some sub par version of what us regular kava drinkers enjoy. Kind of makes me think twice about tudei kava to be honest, because I have mentioned that I don't mind consuming it, 5-10% of the time.
Yeah, my comment about antidepressants actually wasn't addressed at you, but at the guy earlier in the thread who said kava made him depressed...

Blinkyrocket

Kava Enthusiast
I don't expect problems to be solved by drug use, I just don't like lowering dopamine. I imagine it's a small fraction of what antipsychotics must be like, and almost no one likes those. And also, I was also speaking of those transient Parkinson's symptoms, I knew the wording would be misinterpreted, but went along with it anyway, I guess I'm just lazy. I actually have tianeptine since I'm wary of SSRI's mainly since I've got mild Asperger's syndrome and a study came out confirming my suspicions that high serotonin caused by stress in mothers (while the baby is is the womb) is one of the biggest factors in actually causing autism, rather than just influencing it. I'm saving the tianeptine for a rainy day when I'm not too nervous to try it.

The only thing that solves problems is somehow getting closer to people, and feeling comfortable around them. The Rat Park study proves that when offered morphine or an enriched environment with many other rat buddies, the rat will choose the enriched environment. Sort of throws all addiction research out the window. But, every human on the face of this earth is alone even when they're not, so I guess the loner rat applies best.

Last edited:

verticity

I'm interested in things
I don't expect problems to be solved by drug use, I just don't like lowering dopamine. I imagine it's a small fraction of what antipsychotics must be like, and almost no one likes those. And also, I was also speaking of those transient Parkinson's symptoms, I knew the wording would be misinterpreted, but went along with it anyway, I guess I'm just lazy. I actually have tianeptine since I'm wary of SSRI's mainly since I've got mild Asperger's syndrome and a study came out confirming my suspicions that high serotonin caused by stress in mothers (while the baby is is the womb) is one of the biggest factors in actually causing autism, rather than just influencing it. I'm saving the tianeptine for a rainy day when I'm not too nervous to try it.

The only thing that solves problems is somehow getting closer to people, and feeling comfortable around them. The Rat Park study proves that when offered morphine or an enriched environment with many other rat buddies, the rat will choose the enriched environment. Sort of throws all addiction research out the window. But, every human on the face of this earth is alone even when they're not, so I guess the loner rat applies best.
You know the tianeptine will take a few weeks to kick in if you decide to try it, right. I used to use a TCA, nortriptyline, and it was very effective once it kicked in, although it caused me to be somewhat jittery at first. I also used to use Wellbutrin, which works mainly on dopamine rather than serotonin and norepinephrine. It was sort of effective, but made me quite jittery. Remeron was a good one: it works mainly on norepinephrine; however the weight gain from that was really a problem. Currently I take a combination of Effexor and Risperdal. Risperdal is an anti-psychotic, and I know from personal experience that too much of those can feel unpleasant, but for some reason a very small dose of it, in combination with the Effexor helps my depression. So...the human brain is pretty complicated; it's not simply a matter of certain neurotransmitters being depleted--it's a complex system. Hopefully you can find something that helps you..

Ligermeat

Warm and Fuzzeh!
Wait...if kava lowers dopamine levels, then where the heck is all of that euphoric goodness coming from?

Blinkyrocket

Kava Enthusiast
Wait...if kava lowers dopamine levels, then where the heck is all of that euphoric goodness coming from?
Norepinephrine re-uptake inhibition combined with Voltage Gated Sodium channel blocking.

Edit: maybe a little bit of CB1 activation from yangonin.

Last edited: