What's new

Stupid bluelighters

Blinkyrocket

Kava Enthusiast
You know the tianeptine will take a few weeks to kick in if you decide to try it, right. I used to use a TCA, nortriptyline, and it was very effective once it kicked in, although it caused me to be somewhat jittery at first. I also used to use Wellbutrin, which works mainly on dopamine rather than serotonin and norepinephrine. It was sort of effective, but made me quite jittery. Remeron was a good one: it works mainly on norepinephrine; however the weight gain from that was really a problem. Currently I take a combination of Effexor and Risperdal. Risperdal is an anti-psychotic, and I know from personal experience that too much of those can feel unpleasant, but for some reason a very small dose of it, in combination with the Effexor helps my depression. So...the human brain is pretty complicated; it's not simply a matter of certain neurotransmitters being depleted--it's a complex system. Hopefully you can find something that helps you..
Yeah, but IIRC re uptake inhibition and simple increased systemic levels of a neurotransmitter actually act differently. Dopamine reuptake inhibition might be different from overall increased dopamine. I know that there's really no way to prescribe a certain state of mind to one neurotransmitter, but I still try to get a general idea of things. My current feeling towards dopamine is that it does stimulate me and make me more anxious, but at the same time gives me the confidence to not care. Idk if that's dopamine or not. I think some studies have mentioned that Tianeptine technically works right at the start but increases in efficacy in the first 2 weeks.
Also, I think atypical antipsychotics are better in terms of side effects than the purely dopamine antagonist ones. If they didn't antagonize dopamine, they would be perfect(without antipsychotic side effects) as 5HT2A and C antagonists, since antagonists of those receptors actually down regulate them, just like agonists.

Anyway, I don't necessarily wanna turn this thread into a science lesson on depression and whatnot... Since it's kinda depressing :p

Last edited:

chandra

Kava Enthusiast
Kava isn't for everyone. Personally I've found huge benefits from it. I was recently out for a few days and found myself being quite ***chy, err cranky. Really didn't realize how much it helped my mood on a day to day basis til then. If one strain isn't working, you may want to try another strain before you give it up altogether. Heady strains tend to make me feel jittery and uncomfortable in my own skin, but balanced or heavy ones work great for me.

Blinkyrocket

Kava Enthusiast
Well, I tried some 'Ono and it definitely helped me feel better, it might've been the fact that it's the only certified noble I own or it might just be that that dancing banana, heh heh.

PapaMoi

Kava Enthusiast
Most of those forums are shit. Had a kid argue with me on kava and only linked back to erowid discussions. Got like 15 studies gathered up when I realized it didn't matter. Shit head wasn't gonna read them anyways. Only other forum I can stand is the shroomery.
Shroomery is pretty legit, overall.