What's new

Vendors who ship to the UK

StreetRat

Tried the FU'U last 2 days, I must say I am a believer. Just tried a couple of shells of Nambawan, the world seems perfectly still and tranquil. It's been a long time since I felt this peaceful.

Dezzy

Good thread Edward! Unfortunately I've just had my first order from Bula seized by customs so will check out the other options. I've already had a couple of deliveries from Kava Europe so that seems to be a decent route.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Good thread Edward! Unfortunately I've just had my first order from Bula seized by customs so will check out the other options. I've already had a couple of deliveries from Kava Europe so that seems to be a decent route.
Oh no :-( . It seems in some places they are getting hot on this. Maybe speak to Judd and ask him to label it as a pet product? @Bula Kava House

Dezzy

Yeah I'll do that! Kava Europe are still waiting for their supply to come in so will have to try something different. I did have over a kilo coming so maybe i'll a smaller amount

Dezzy

It was caught in customs Coventry and was being mailed USPS. I reckon DHL would be a much better option.

Annoyingly, when I made the order I had no idea it was banned in the uk..

Last edited:

StreetRat

If you wait, your local food safety team will contact you in a couple of weeks, just email them back and tell them it's for your dogs separation anxiety and was never intended for human consumption and all will be well. You'll get notice a week or so after that asking you to pay the customs charge, a day or so later you'll have your Kava. A pain I know, but better than a loss.
You do have an anxious dog? That is why you were buying Kava right?

Last edited:

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Yeah I'll do that! Kava Europe are still waiting for their supply to come in so will have to try something different. I did have over a kilo coming so maybe i'll a smaller amount
I've had multiple kilos delivered at the same time with no problems.

It was caught in customs Coventry and was being mailed USPS. I reckon DHL would be a much better option.
Coventry seems to be an issue... they're a bit more on the ball with it. I've never had any problems with DHL but hopefully as @StreetRat says they'll get in touch with you and ask what it was for...

Lelle

@Edward, any chance you have an idea of DHL costs (US to U.K.) for 500g to 1kg? Or is it really only worth it for larger amounts?
This is a great thread. Really helpful info :)

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
@Edward, any chance you have an idea of DHL costs (US to U.K.) for 500g to 1kg? Or is it really only worth it for larger amounts?
This is a great thread. Really helpful info :)
Off the top of my head I think you'd be looking at something around 20 or 30 quid. It's not cheap but it's fast. Also the price doesn't go up that much with weight so it is worth ordering more. If you find out please post here so other people know for future.

Lelle

Thanks @Edward. Do you know why DHL seems to avoid problems? Do they have a different customs route? What do you have on your custom labels?
I've got a package from Kava Kauai on the way. According to tracking it got here in 3 days but has stayed on "departed a transfer airport in London, UK" since the 31st. I'm not sure this bodes well.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Thanks @Edward. Do you know why DHL seems to avoid problems? Do they have a different customs route? What do you have on your custom labels?
I've got a package from Kava Kauai on the way. According to tracking it got here in 3 days but has stayed on "departed a transfer airport in London, UK" since the 31st. I'm not sure this bodes well.
I don't know about DHL, I think maybe they have a faster customs route but I don't know how? When I ordered I got it sent to stackry.com as GHK and N@H don't ship to the UK so I had the opportunity to write my own customs label... I put it down as south pacific tea or somesuch. Next time round though I would label it as pet supplement. Seems to do the trick.

I've had loads of parcels from kava kauai and never had a problem.

Lelle

I don't know about DHL, I think maybe they have a faster customs route but I don't know how? When I ordered I got it sent to stackry.com as GHK and N@H don't ship to the UK so I had the opportunity to write my own customs label... I put it down as south pacific tea or somesuch. Next time round though I would label it as pet supplement. Seems to do the trick.

I've had loads of parcels from kava kauai and never had a problem.
Aah, great. I'll try that when I order. Thanks for all your help.
One last question; how long does it take for your Kava Kauai orders to reach you once they get to the uk?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Aah, great. I'll try that when I order. Thanks for all your help.
One last question; how long does it take for your Kava Kauai orders to reach you once they get to the uk?
I don't normally notice... just drink some kava and relax, it'll be there in it's own time... or not :)

Dezzy

Update on my order being held by Food Safety Team who I foolishly admitted my intention of human consumption to before reading @StreetRat advice.. Told them I was unaware of the risk to humans (actually true) and definitely wouldn't consider consuming it myself now but have read of it's effectiveness for nervous animals since so rather than waste what is an expensive order I'd like to use it for that instead. They were happy with that and it is now winging it's way to me. My dog is going to be delighted.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Thank you

I'm really struggling with the taste of root

Off to order some now
Try mango or pineapple juice if you really have to although just getting used it is preferable. Get some peppery vanuatu kava like the vanuatu waka from realkava.com or kava supreme from kavafied... once you get used to either of those a tongan, hawaiian or fijian will be a walk in the park ;-)