What's new

Vendors who ship to the UK

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Haha, in Norwich so ya not that far away. Long Stratton is a nice village, peaceful from what I remember.
Yes but they could do with getting rid of that dirty great road running through it, always jammed. I've been back to coryton to load and back to Roy humphreys at brome now for the night. Got Yarmouth and North Walsham tomorrow.

StreetRat

Okay, situation update. I got a letter from my local council food safety team asking me what my intended use for Kava was. I told them it was as a pet supplement to help a dog with severe separation anxiety. I got a letter from Parcelforce this morning asking me to pay the duty on my parcel from bkh. I will get it on tuesday :).
YAY!!
Sometimes you win.
I will have to contact Judd and repay him the partial refund that he kindly gave me for my loss. He's a cool guy.

PlantLife

Yes but they could do with getting rid of that dirty great road running through it, always jammed. I've been back to coryton to load and back to Roy humphreys at brome now for the night. Got Yarmouth and North Walsham tomorrow.
Yarmouth is awful. UPDATE: Paypal processed quickly, order has left Billings, MT. (16 March)

Splenda

Just received my Kalm with Kava order marked as 'tea pack'

10 days after ordering too with no problems

About to try my first ever bowl

Is 11 am too early? I don't think so

Happy Saturday

Splenda

A few technical issues as the beginning cause blender decided to give up half way through!

No RT and I've never felt so relaxed in my life

The taste is no joke though! It made the grapefruit chaser taste if nothing

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Okay, situation update. I got a letter from my local council food safety team asking me what my intended use for Kava was. I told them it was as a pet supplement to help a dog with severe separation anxiety. I got a letter from Parcelforce this morning asking me to pay the duty on my parcel from bkh. I will get it on tuesday :).
YAY!!
Sometimes you win.
I will have to contact Judd and repay him the partial refund that he kindly gave me for my loss. He's a cool guy.
This could be the future. They may get wise to it eventually though.

StreetRat

This could be the future. They may get wise to it eventually though.
The thing is, Kava was not banned because of the psychoactive substances bill, it was due to a poorly researched and subsequently debunked German study in to liver damage caused by Kava. It falls under the category of a food supplement and as such it is perfectly legal to import for non human consumption.
Let Google show you the way. :)

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
The thing is, Kava was not banned because of the psychoactive substances bill, it was due to a poorly researched and subsequently debunked German study in to liver damage caused by Kava. It falls under the category of a food supplement and as such it is perfectly legal to import for non human consumption.
Let Google show you the way. :)
Yes, it's been banned in the UK for years.

StreetRat

It was first banned by the medicines control agency and then shortly after by the food standards agency.
The food standards agency site says:
"Kava Kava, a member of the pepper family, is used as a traditional herbal remedy for the treatment of anxiety. The herb has been banned since 13 January 2003. This is because of concerns about its toxic effect on the liver. So you cannot import kava kava supplements, or foods containing this herb."
This actually did us a favour, if it hadn't been banned for it's alleged toxic effects on the liver then it would probably have been on the list of banned psychoactive substances.
Because the reason for the ban was a potential risk to human health you can still import it as a pet supplement as long as the intended use is given. If the shipping label reads: "Pet supplement - NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION", then it does not fall under the jurisdiction of the agencies that banned it in the first place, i.e. a supplement or food intended for human consumption, or a medicine intended to treat a human.
I got mine today, my dog just had his first shells and is looking so much more relaxed :)