What's new

New Member - Vendor | Artofkava.com

krunkgod

Kava Enthusiast
First shell down and this is some pleasant stuff! The powder itself was incredibly dark, possibly the darkest I've ever seen a kava. Thought that would create a more bitter taste, but it wasn't too bad at all.

IMG_20201005_203218698.jpg

I'll report back as I finish my session, but so far this is some quality kava!

Artofkava

Jacksonville, FL
Kava Vendor
Both kavas are superior, they are both oily on prep, dark but not overly peppery. I thought I should type this before I continue. It's going to take me a while to decipher the Koro, I like it though, it leans heavy.

The Kadavu is outstanding and it only took a sip for me to realize it's very potent.
Aah that's fantastic! So glad you're loving these! I knew the quality but honestly yalls opinion is what really matters. As far as the aesthetics of the unboxing, I'm working on making that a bit nicer with some clean labels.

Artofkava

Jacksonville, FL
Kava Vendor
First shell down and this is some pleasant stuff! The powder itself was incredibly dark, possibly the darkest I've ever seen a kava. Thought that would create a more bitter taste, but it wasn't too bad at all.

View attachment 10767

I'll report back as I finish my session, but so far this is some quality kava!
Bula! That's awesome and glad ur enjoying it! Can't wait to hear more!

krunkgod

Kava Enthusiast
Bula! That's awesome and glad ur enjoying it! Can't wait to hear more!
Session is about done. I really enjoyed this one! Very balanced but definitely leaning towards heavy. It made me sit down and watch random New York Times documentary's on youtube for a good hour. I have no complaints about it at all! This seems like it could either be a weeknight or weekend kava. Even as a social kava I could see it being a good pick with a small group of friends.

Pleasant and tranquil would be two words I'd have to describe it as at this point.

Great job @Artofkava

Artofkava

Jacksonville, FL
Kava Vendor
Hey all! I'm going to post this in another thread later but wanted to get this out to yall here first. Thank you again for the awesome reviews and added vendor status! Based on the feedback on pricing above, I've lowered pricing, added in shipping and added a sample pack option for our two kavas. Pricing is tiered the way it was before but with 8oz @ 35, 1lb at 65 and 1kg sitting at just about 59. The 2 4oz sample packs are 40. After checking other pricing around, we were sitting at higher pricing than most and equal with some. I added in the new pricing as a sales price. Now we're sitting nicely within the range of the other great quality kava providers with this range of pricing. If we do well at this price, I'll move it over permanently. It's a much more tight margin, but It's certainly doable. Let me know your thoughts!

Artofkava

Jacksonville, FL
Kava Vendor
I have another suggestion for you which might incline people like @ThePiper To buy your better priced kg option. Do a sample pack of 2-4oz of each cultivar and set the price point a bit lower than your other options so people who are on a budget can see if they like one of your products without having to buy a large quantity
Hey! sorry it took a minute to get back to you on his. I took your advice and added a 3rd option and fully updated pricing. Thanks for suggesting this and hopefully it's more of what @ThePiper and the like customers are looking for. We're working on getting everything else done as well. cheers!

verticity

I'm interested in things
I tried the Kadavu and Koro and can report my initial impression that they are both quite good. Dark in color, earthy but mild in taste and reasonably potent. The Koro seems to be a bit on the heavier, mellower side and is probably my favorite of the two so far.

Off topic: I was intrigued by the huge variety of artisanal teas in your other store, so I ordered an assortment as a gift for my spouse who is not a kava drinker. So far she has tried the "blackberry sangria" and really likes it. Recommended for anyone else with an SO who considers kava to be repulsive dirt water and prefers tea that smells and tastes good. Such an odd preference right?

Last edited:

Artofkava

Jacksonville, FL
Kava Vendor
I tried the Kadavu and Koro and can report my initial impression that they are both quite good. Dark in color, earthy but mild in taste and reasonably potent. The Koro seems to be a bit on the heavier, mellower side and is probably my favorite of the two so far.

Off topic: I was intrigued by the huge variety of artisanal teas in your other store, so I ordered an assortment as a gift for my spouse who is not a kava drinker. So far she has tried the "blackberry sangria" and really likes it. Recommended for anyone else with an SO who considers kava to be repulsive dirt water and prefers tea that smells and tastes good. Such an odd preference right?
Ah thank you very much for both! Yaaaah that sangria is super popular. Glad she likes it! its at drinkteaa.com

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Hey all! I'm going to post this in another thread later but wanted to get this out to yall here first. Thank you again for the awesome reviews and added vendor status! Based on the feedback on pricing above, I've lowered pricing, added in shipping and added a sample pack option for our two kavas. Pricing is tiered the way it was before but with 8oz @ 35, 1lb at 65 and 1kg sitting at just about 59. The 2 4oz sample packs are 40. After checking other pricing around, we were sitting at higher pricing than most and equal with some. I added in the new pricing as a sales price. Now we're sitting nicely within the range of the other great quality kava providers with this range of pricing. If we do well at this price, I'll move it over permanently. It's a much more tight margin, but It's certainly doable. Let me know your thoughts!
Nice! I missed the first couple of posts on this - but I have been looking for some heavy hitters to replace Kava Time while they are out of stock. After seeing the test results, and the good reviews from some fellow kavaheads I am going to give these a shot.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Nice! I missed the first couple of posts on this - but I have been looking for some heavy hitters to replace Kava Time while they are out of stock. After seeing the test results, and the good reviews from some fellow kavaheads I am going to give these a shot.
I just swapped from KT. It's comparable, especially the Koro. The only thing that seems missing from it is the slight edge of nausea I normally get with KT's kava strength. I only got the samples so I can't give it a lengthy review just yet, but normally a kava gets even stronger for me as I drink it, so I'm willing to say this one is definitely worth checking out.

Artofkava

Jacksonville, FL
Kava Vendor
Thanks for giving our kava a try! We have the chemotypes etc posted as a pic with the products now to help make an informed decision. Hope u love them!

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I'm still on the fence because kava time stuff is too strong for my stomach and some are extremely drying but i love other strong kavas like squanch, chiefs choice, and pacific elixir. That kavalactone content on those lab certs is through the roof by the way.

Artofkava

Jacksonville, FL
Kava Vendor
I'm still on the fence because kava time stuff is too strong for my stomach and some are extremely drying but i love other strong kavas like squanch, chiefs choice, and pacific elixir. That kavalactone content on those lab certs is through the roof by the way.
Yah I hear you for sure. both are much smoother than the strong ones ive had (personally). It can be a hard choice if something you get may make you feel nauseated or something. Yah they are! and the difference in those first 3 Ct's are pretty nice. If you do decide to try some tho Id love to hear your feedback. We're very much still in that early adopter stage heh. So the more opinions and reviews that go out, I think we'll really win over more ppl still on the fence on these.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Yah I hear you for sure. both are much smoother than the strong ones ive had (personally). It can be a hard choice if something you get may make you feel nauseated or something. Yah they are! and the difference in those first 3 Ct's are pretty nice. If you do decide to try some tho Id love to hear your feedback. We're very much still in that early adopter stage heh. So the more opinions and reviews that go out, I think we'll really win over more ppl still on the fence on these.
Nothing to be on the fence about they are both excellent!

I think I like the Koro a bit more, gonna need a kilo very soon.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Wish I could obtain your excellent kavas, by report, here in the UK guys. Fingers crossed for one day.

Right, think I need to make another final shell lol!

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
I just thought that in the meantime maybe our highly appreciated Edward here, would be able at some point to import some of your pet remedies for pet medicine purposes within the UK as he does with many other retailers who do not ship here currently from the United States.

Artofkava

Jacksonville, FL
Kava Vendor
I just thought that in the meantime maybe our highly appreciated Edward here, would be able at some point to import some of your pet remedies for pet medicine purposes within the UK as he does with many other retailers who do not ship here currently from the United States.
Yah id love to get more into intl shipping. I have a tea company too so itll be fun sending stuff back to the UK heh.

DrJknows

Kava Curious
Hey yall! My name is Zac Holzapfel. I connected with Kapmkrunk over on reddit and was directed here to intro myself and what we're doing. I own a tea company called Yum Cha @ drinkteaa.com. I partnered with a friend of mine from Fiji who you may or may not know of, Isake Kantonibau. He's a pro 7s rugby player out there. We're starting a new brand called Art of Kava @ artofkava.com. We both have very high quality standards and look at this product like something between ayurvedic tea (good for you stuff) and wine (tasting notes, effect, terroir, etc). We sampled a bunch and picked two to start.

I'd love it if you would go over to the site and send me some feedback on the usability etc. I also have the kava up at free shipping anywhere in the USA.

If you're interested in wholesale for a bar/cafe etc let me know. We're still working out that pricing/process but can either deliver from Jacksonville Florida or direct out of Nadi to keep costs a bit lower.

Thanks!
Are these heavier or headier kavas. I'd assume heavy but want to make sure.
Thanks