What's new

Help with obtaining kava in the UK and Europe

The Academic

Kava Curious
Thank you, I will do that. Do you have an idea of what time it would take for me to get my package if I order from you? We are panicking here waiting for delayed order from "Kalm with Kava"
Perhaps something went wrong when I registered. I don't seem to be able to find your list now. Can you please see if I have to "re-register"

The Academic

Kava Curious
If you are in the EU there is some vendors in Poland. Like kavaeurope.eu
Kava is legal in poland, and there is no regular customs check between member countries in EU.

But if you live in the UK Edwards shop, seems to be the option.
I live in Sweden. And right now we have empty bags, waiting for a shipment via USPS from USA

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast
Well I did order 2 identical shipments from kwk one 16 August another 31 August.
The last one did clear customs. The other one I haven't heard anything about.

My experience is that you should only order kava in grinded form. No extracts or pills.
And if you what it fast use fedex.

Also stackry is an option. Since some vendors don't ship international.

The Academic

Kava Curious
Well I did order 2 identical shipments from kwk one 16 August another 31 August.
The last one did clear customs. The other one I haven't heard anything about.

My experience is that you should only order kava in grinded form. No extracts or pills.
And if you what it fast use fedex.

Also stackry is an option. Since some vendors don't ship international.
Ok, thank you! If we order from Europe there is no custom problem. I just need to find sellers. Also I wonder why people don't buy directly from the farmers, gaining for both seller and buyer

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Thank you, I will do that. Do you have an idea of what time it would take for me to get my package if I order from you? We are panicking here waiting for delayed order from "Kalm with Kava"
Check your spam folder for the activation email. If you still have a problem just let me know and I will look into it.

I have a lot of customers in Sweden who find plain packaging from the UK works better than declared contents from the US. It won't be cheaper though, it is an expensive business getting kava shipped from halfway around the world!

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast
Check your spam folder for the activation email. If you still have a problem just let me know and I will look into it.

I have a lot of customers in Sweden who find plain packaging from the UK works better than declared contents from the US. It won't be cheaper though, it is an expensive business getting kava shipped from halfway around the world!
To my knowledge shipments that contain merchandise from outside eu that is lacking a customs declaration should be returned to sender. They might be easy on it now. But expect that they will be more strict.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
When did you get that info?
To my knowledge shipments that contain merchandise from outside eu that is lacking a customs declaration should be returned to sender. They might be easy on it now. But expect that they will be more strict.
The stackry thing has been known for a while. Even to countries where kava is legal they are squeamish to ship.

You have to declare it as something else and hope they don't check it. I have options when I package it that seem to work well. I have never had a shipment to a European country seized other than a few that were going to Germany recently and I'm guessing once my packaging was spotted they are just wise to me now. I no longer ship to Germany from the UK but I do from my partner in Ireland.

@The Academic there is a very nice Fijian Waka available for shipping from Ireland now.

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast
The stackry thing has been known for a while. Even to countries where kava is legal they are squeamish to ship.

You have to declare it as something else and hope they don't check it. I have options when I package it that seem to work well. I have never had a shipment to a European country seized other than a few that were going to Germany recently and I'm guessing once my packaging was spotted they are just wise to me now. I no longer ship to Germany from the UK but I do from my partner in Ireland.

@The Academic there is a very nice Fijian Waka available for shipping from Ireland now.
My experience is that it clears customs with a clear description. I have also be asked to provide product descriptions.
I believe it depends on what country you live if it gets pass customs or not.

StevenF

Kava Enthusiast
Maybe, there's another way to going straight to politicians ... The Internet / Social Media ... Get all the proof available out there to the people and educate them about the truth about Kava and Liver Damage ... Educate people about all the great things about Kava vs Alcohol vs Anxiety Drugs ... Make a big bang out of it in social media ... that will help the case in court and through politics... It's just another way of helping change the damage that was done to Kava in the past. Just an idea :)

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast
Maybe, there's another way to going straight to politicians ... The Internet / Social Media ... Get all the proof available out there to the people and educate them about the truth about Kava and Liver Damage ... Educate people about all the great things about Kava vs Alcohol vs Anxiety Drugs ... Make a big bang out of it in social media ... that will help the case in court and through politics... It's just another way of helping change the damage that was done to Kava in the past. Just an idea :)
I have heard that someone did apply for a novelfood registration in EU for kava.

With the sad announcement that GKE are shutting shop it's time for all of us affected by this to come together and get things changed in the UK and Europe once and for all. The situation is ludicrous and is causing needless suffering for literally millions of people whose lives are being affected by either anxiety or the side effects of anxiety drugs. Any suggestions that anyone has about a way forward would be appreciated. From my point of view I want to find out who the member of the uk parliament was who made a case for Kava in the house of commons and speak to him to see if there is anything that can be done. I doubt we have enough people for a petition but there must be something we can do.

In the meantime I would recommend that you keep ordering small batches and keep things under the radar. I know shipping costs can mount up, take a look at the size of my stash and then tell me about shipping costs... but small orders do seem to regularly get through, to the UK at least. Let's work together, keep each other informed via the thread in the new members forum and in time we can get the situation changed.
Hi Edward

I don't know if this discussion is relevant - you asked who the MP was

View the Hansard contribution by Mr. David Tredinnick (Bosworth) on Wednesday 30 October 2002 https://hansard.parliament.uk/Commo...ribution-f6662ecd-afe4-403f-96d3-f48d3fbf1116

Last edited:

Elmanaro

Port Vila, Vanuatu
Kava Vendor
With the sad announcement that GKE are shutting shop it's time for all of us affected by this to come together and get things changed in the UK and Europe once and for all. The situation is ludicrous and is causing needless suffering for literally millions of people whose lives are being affected by either anxiety or the side effects of anxiety drugs. Any suggestions that anyone has about a way forward would be appreciated. From my point of view I want to find out who the member of the uk parliament was who made a case for Kava in the house of commons and speak to him to see if there is anything that can be done. I doubt we have enough people for a petition but there must be something we can do.

In the meantime I would recommend that you keep ordering small batches and keep things under the radar. I know shipping costs can mount up, take a look at the size of my stash and then tell me about shipping costs... but small orders do seem to regularly get through, to the UK at least. Let's work together, keep each other informed via the thread in the new members forum and in time we can get the situation changed.
Our diplomats can put pressure on the UK to remove their ban on Kava. We're working on getting Australia open atm.

Gmorl69

HI Edward are you still supplying Kava for dogs
If so can you tell me how I can order a batch from you
Thanks
Greg M