What's new

Vendors who ship to the UK

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
After discussions with Matt @Kavafied I can announce that I am becoming a distributor for the AluBall in the UK and Europe. At the present time I am not offering any kava for sale due to the regulations over here but that may change in the future even if only for use as a pet supplement. Prices are to be finalised in the next few days but I can guarantee that it will represent a significant saving against ordering direct due to the shipping costs and should also be a reduction in shipping time.

As a basic guide if you order 1 shaker with one ball it is $19.95 plus $18 for shipping. At the time of writing that amounts to £29.20. I am anticipating the cost from the UK to be around £20 including postage meaning a saving of £9 based on the exchange rate right now. The price may vary in the future due to exchange rate fluctuations when I order. Shipping to Europe will be slightly more but I will try to keep it as low as possible.

Individual balls will be available for sale too and again prices will be finalised soon. I expect to be receiving my first shipment soon so if you are interested then please get in touch via email at [email protected]

I will soon list this in the marketplace here on the forums and provide details of how to order and pay. Thanks.

****************************************************************************************

Ok, I have finalised prices for UK and Europe with shipping. I've tried to keep the costs down as much as possible but shipping costs to get the product here are quite high so the total price reflects that however I have still managed to keep the total cost way below the cost of buying direct.

For 1 shaker bottle and 1 ball the price is £18

For 1 individual ball the price is £14

Shipping to the UK for up to 2 shakers and/or 2 or 3 balls is £4

Shipping to Europe for 1 item is £5, for two items is £6.

You can pre order now, the product is due to arrive early next week and will be shipped as soon as it arrives. Pay via paypal to [email protected] . For a bank transfer contact me on the same address.

All this information will soon be in the marketplace and I am considering website options.

*****************************************************************************************

Another update on the best way to get kava to the UK or Europe. As Global Kava Exports are now doing ask your chosen vendor to mark the parcel as a pet supplement. It is legal to have kava delivered to the UK on that basis. I recommend trying GKE first as they sell awesome kava and they deserve as much support as we can give them with their new venture. If you do want to order from anyone else just ask them and you shouldn't have any problems getting it labelled as you want. Just make sure to only give it to your pet :)

Also if you have ordered already and customs have seized it you should get a letter from Coventry asking your intended purpose for the product... tell them it is to help a dog with separation anxiety.

Below is another option that you may still need to use for GHK, N@H and any other vendors who will not ship directly to the UK.

**********************************************************************************
An update on the best way to get kava to the UK or Europe. Myself and a few members have used a company called stackry.com. They give you a US postal address for you to get your kava sent to including from vendors who don't ship worldwide. They then repackage your individual orders into one package and send it on via various shipping methods. The DHL service is generally 3 days with no customs charges or problems.

Use the link here... https://www.stackry.com and get a $10 credit to use for shipping on your first order.

Also don't forget to be a bit euphemistic with the label, something like south Pacific tea. Value declaration is up to you as well but be aware packages of high value will get charges.

************************************************************************************

I've just had a refund from GHK as they say they do not ship to the UK (due to customs seizing it). It might be handy for UK users to come together here and give their experiences of ordering and receiving (or otherwise) the product ordered.

I have ordered twice from Kava kauia and both times received the goods no problems. They mark the pack contents as "tea" and not had a problem so far.

I have ordered from Bula Kava House and they have dispatched the goods, I will update with whether I receive them or not.

So to all UK members, who have you ordered from who were willing to ship and did you receive the goods?

(This thread is in no way criticising GHK or anyone else who doesn't ship, just merely stating facts to help UK users)

The list so far...

Vendors who ship to the uk and goods are received

Kava Kauia/realkava.com (multiple orders no problem)
Bula Kava House (multiple orders no problem but be aware you are likely to get a customs charge)
Global Kava Exports /Kava Europe (multiple orders no problem)
Kalm with Kava (multiple orders no problem)
Kavafied (multiple orders no problem)
thekavaroots.com (Canadian supplier - multiple orders no problem)

Paradise Kava - Out of business? :cry:
Cactus Kava - temporarily suspended due to billing issues

Vendors who won't ship to the uk due to customs problems

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava
Namakalathome

Last edited:

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Just had contact from namakal at home confirming they do not ship to the uk.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Mike from Kalm with Kava got back to me to confirm he does ship to the uk and marks it as "tea". I haven't ordered from there yet but probably will soon. If anyone has any information about any of these vendors or any other vendors that have good quality product and do or don't ship to the uk then please post!

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Global Kava Exports ships from the UK I believe. They stock Gourmet Hawaiian Kava and Vanuatu Kava Store products.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Thanks kavadude, I'm just waiting for them to get back to me to confirm.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Global kava exports have got back to me confirming that they do ship to the uk but not for internal consumption, only for testing purposes ;-) . I'll order soon and update.

By the way they have changed their website to Kava Europe.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I will try them soon, trying to buy some instant but out of stock. There is some on the way apparently.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
So apparently I am either the only kava user from the UK or the only member of this forum from the UK?! Come on people, this could help others which is what this forum is all about right?

Ordered from Global kava exports/kava Europe today, I will update with the result.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
There is a parcel waiting for me at home which I am almost certain is from BKH. I will update as soon as I know for sure.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Mike from Kalm with Kava got back to me to confirm he does ship to the uk and marks it as "tea". I haven't ordered from there yet but probably will soon. If anyone has any information about any of these vendors or any other vendors that have good quality product and do or don't ship to the uk then please post!
lol. If you ship anything to the UK, it must be marked as "tea", actually. Kava can be considered a kind of tea, so I guess it is not stretching the truth at all..

Kalm with Kava is good stuff--highly recommended.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Thanks for the input. Interestingly the parcel from BKH actually had the full name on the sender details... Bula Kava House... and it still went through customs and got delivered. Unless the drug squad are staking me out and I'm going to get raided any minute I'm guessing the controls aren't as strict as they are purported to be. The pack didn't explicitly say the contents were kava but rather "south pacific herbs" which I love the sound of.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
The kava Europe order came no problems. So we're getting quite a list now of places to get good quality kava in the UK :)

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Kalm with kava order came no problem so now there are 4 suppliers that I know of that will supply to the uk and the goods have been received every time so far. I'm disappointed that absolutely no UK people have contributed to this thread, come on people. I will be trying out a few other suppliers soon, although to be honest the ones who do ship are amongst the best going so don't need to look too much further.

So now my kava collection stands at...

Kava Kauai Vanuatu waka root powder
BKH Instant Green
Kalm with kava Fiji Loa Waka
Kava Europe Quick Kava
Kava candies

Should keep me going for a bit :)

JonT

Kava Enthusiast
When I lived in the uk I ordered through Bula fine. Also I posted kava from nz to the uk myself and it was fine. I also used GKE. GHK did not exist back then.
This was 2013 and I heard a crackdown of sorts came in 2014 or 15.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Thanks for the info. If there has been a crackdown it's not very effective as everything I have ordered has arrived so far, yet to have a problem and the BKH packaging actually says who it is from. I'm guessing smaller packages may slip under the radar more often? At least I can get some delivered so all good :)

JonT

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks for the info. If there has been a crackdown it's not very effective as everything I have ordered has arrived so far, yet to have a problem and the BKH packaging actually says who it is from. I'm guessing smaller packages may slip under the radar more often? At least I can get some delivered so all good :)
Yeah I don't have any real evidence on this crackdown, I think it came from a flurry of news articles (with bizarre stuff of "deadly pepper plants" being confiscated in the Midlands) and something out of Fiji that hinted at a crackdown.