What's new

A small stash increase...

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
aren't you worried about shipping packages clearly labelled as "kava"?
You should talk to these two ladies from Brighton I met a while ago. They opened a mini clothing business that absolutely needs kava as dye for their dresses. They secured an official permit to import "industrial quantities" of kava for this important purpose.
No, I get to write my own shipping label so it came over as tea. With DHL there barely seems any time at all for getting through customs, I'm guessing the parcels get sniffed for drugs and bombs and if it's none of those it goes through?

Nice stash - Did you rob a bank, or sell your truck?
I'm a serious kava drinker, got to keep stocks high! It is a long term investment though. When you factor in shipping it's got to be cheaper to buy in bulk like this in the long run.

Who in New Hampshire sells kava?
My reshipper are based there so it's from Hawaii to NH and then to me.

That is some goodness right there, what is the kava behind GHK?
Both kava kuaia but not instant, it's 2 x 5 star powder and 2 x special reserve. I've not tried either yet but I love the Vanuatu waka.

I'm guessing that cost almost 2k counting the shipping
I think it would be about $1700. As I've said above though, when you factor in shipping that's going to save me money in the long run.

Seamyb88

Kava Curious
It's prohibited to import kava for commercial purposes... It's also prohibited to import it to drink it, but explicitly legal to rub it all over yourself (anybody tried this? lol). Seeing as there is no way for a customs official to know what you are doing with it, you can import it. If I hadn't seen Ed's photo above (can I call you Ed? what about Eddy Baby (Monty Python quote!)) I would have said large quantities would get stopped.

I can see why Ed (I'm calling you Ed) would have large stocks. If this got popular here, it would be banned in an instant. We have some wonderful outlets of journalism over here (the daily mail, the sun, the telegraph) who would jump on the chance to demonise a group of people who weren't obeying their societal norms.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I don't know. It depends on your regulations. Is it OK to import kava into the UK? Most packages I receive in NZ (e.g. gifts from Europe, amazon orders etc) get opened by our customs and biosecurity. But NZ is a bit crazy when it comes to imports/border controls (mainly due to biosecurity concerns)
I don't think it is ok but it's labelled as tea and that's why I'm guessing they put a sniffer dog over it and if it doesn't smell of anything dodgy they let it through. Or maybe open a random selection? I don't know but it got here so I'm happy :)

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
It's prohibited to import kava for commercial purposes... It's also prohibited to import it to drink it, but explicitly legal to rub it all over yourself (anybody tried this? lol). Seeing as there is no way for a customs official to know what you are doing with it, you can import it. If I hadn't seen Ed's photo above (can I call you Ed? what about Eddy Baby (Monty Python quote!)) I would have said large quantities would get stopped.

I can see why Ed (I'm calling you Ed) would have large stocks. If this got popular here, it would be banned in an instant. We have some wonderful outlets of journalism over here (the daily mail, the sun, the telegraph) who would jump on the chance to demonise a group of people who weren't obeying their societal norms.
I don't like being called Eddy Baby... lol, yes Ed is fine. I think there is a certain amount of luck involved in this but I've never not received a parcel. I think it's something they're keeping an eye on but not too closely. It's not a scheduled drug after all.