What's new

Fiji Waka

Who all here has tried this? Folks on another forum seem to love it more than the Fiji 1 for its superior sedative effects. I believe I am going to order a pound shortly.

I will be testing this out tonight. I was going to just chill and drink it all day but I am feeling a bit hungover from last night ( I thought meh might as well finish this bag of Fiji1 and ended up having half a cup of root almost to myself, my homie had a few shells but I drank the lions share), I also need to go run some errands and things.... I can say that this seems to be a bit finer, denser grind than the Fiji1 and it smells more potent ,in that it has a similar smell to Fiji1 but less sweet, more bitter and earthy.

definitely a finer grind. I just started the soaking and squeezing process, and the root that stayed in the strainer was a much smaller ball compared to the same amount of Fiji1, so I am guessing this means more of it got through into the final product. It is a very powdery Kava. The brew was VERY foamy, more than I have ever seen, I remember it being said that that might indicate the presence of a higher amount of kavalactones. I am going to have my first shell as soon as my stomach feels completely empty, and I will update you guys on how I feel about this particular strain. I have a feeling I am going to highly prefer this to the Fiji1, as the relative absence of Kavain and high amount of DHM means more sedative, and I looooove sedative effects. Bula!

awe yee. this stuff is super euphoric, downed two shells about 15 mins ago and I am already feeling awesome, listening to some chill dubstep and loving life. This has a much higher euphoria amount than Fiji1, probably because I get more euphoria from sedative effects than stimulant effects anyways. This stuff will be a mainstay in my Kava drinking life fo sheezy.

final verdict on this stuff is 4 thumbs way way up. I love it and my Kava pseudovirgin homie (this is his 3rd time trying, 2nd night in a row) also really digs it. It is very chill, comes on strong but slower than Fiji1, and has a nice creamy bitter taste to it that makes it a joy to drink. I will be reordering this strain for sure! I liked Kava before quite a bit but I love it now!

kl.Project460

Kava Enthusiast
This stuff is really good to me. It mimics stone in my opinion. The taste is really good too. I would prefer to drink this over stone cause I get bad stomach issues with stone sometimes, whereas i dont get that with this fiji waka and this stuff is half the cost. A great tasting fiji kava but with the edge that stone has, is a good kava in my book. I definitely recommend this to people. Also tongan pride is very good too, try to mix them, they mix pretty darn good.

kl.voodoo

Kava Curious
first off, kbr was real quick and efficient with purchase and shipping. i expected a delay from the islands. price is quite reasonable too.

now, the waka didn't impress me at first. seemed less potent than others varieties. the effects profile, however, is quite nice. it really grew on me as i got into it, and adjusted my method. it is quite sedative, and helps my back pain. it does not upset my stomach as much as others. perhaps most importantly, i don't notice much effect the following day. tudei is not my thing. i would recommend it to most.

starsofclay

Kava Enthusiast
CanonGrayThompson wrote:
definitely a finer grind. I just started the soaking and squeezing
process, and the root that stayed in the strainer was a much smaller
ball compared to the same amount of Fiji1, so I am guessing this means
more of it got through into the final product. It is a very powdery
Kava. The brew was VERY foamy, more than I have ever seen, I remember it
being said that that might indicate the presence of a higher amount of
kavalactones. I am going to have my first shell as soon as my stomach
feels completely empty, and I will update you guys on how I feel about
this particular strain. I have a feeling I am going to highly prefer
this to the Fiji1, as the relative absence of Kavain and high amount of
DHM means more sedative, and I looooove sedative effects. Bula!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lol wasn't anything powdery about mine.. almost felt like there were small pebbles and twigs in mine. and it wasn't very foamy for me. but sure is stroong. i likey

only one bowl down and there's a ringing in my ears and i feel slightly high

kavalover

Outsider
Sounds good guys, I've been drinking stone lately and love it but man, it just does not agree with my digestion. I'm buying a pound of Fiji Waka and maybe the Vanuatu Isa/Tudai. I'm still on the hunt for the right kava for me, I'll reply back here when I receive my order and try 'em out :)

starsofclay

Kava Enthusiast
so far this is the most agreeable of all that i've tried. i've only tried SI and Kona Kava though....

have malekulah magic on the way though

kavalover

Outsider
Just now tried it, let me say that I really underestimated this kava. I used a simple 3 tbs of kava per 8oz, and overall made 4 cups of kava. Cold water, strain, strain once more, and then had a shell. Then another shell. Right now, whoa, whoever said this kava felt a lot like stone was right on the ball there, my muscles feel like jelly and my mind is at a very simple and relaxed place, without that added edgy anxiety that for some reason, stone has given me each time. Honestly, I wasn't expecting very much from Rex but now I know better than to judge so quickly. I've tried many different varieties of kava, and as for powdered root, this so far is one of my favorites. Right up there with Hawaiian Kava Center's Moi and N@H Chief jungle.

starsofclay

Kava Enthusiast
haha, yeah, i think you'll like this, synaptik, but i had the same problem that i had with solomon, that when i revisited fiji waka, it was no more than just a really happy and relaxed feeling, but not a strong head buzz like i reported on my first time trying it.

still makes me feel really good though. just not head buzz.

maybe I'm crazy. think i'll go make some waka right now:)

kavalover

Outsider
I just made a mix of Fiji Waka and Isa/Vanuatu Tudei. I used a cup of kava in total (1/2 cup of each kava) to 2 cups coconut water and 6 cups warm water. Squeezed, squeezed and strained for about 15 minutes and put the result in the fridge for later. Felt a little guilty though, as this is a lot of kava in my strainer compared to my usual ratio (it's my birthday, I'm celebrating :p). So I made about 4 more cups before throwing it out. Geez! I'm on the verge of mid krunkness after just 2 1/2 shells of the after mix.

Now I'm a little cautious of the kava sitting in my fridge, wonder how potent that stuff must be!

Very good mix though, in case you're interested. Fiji Waka and the Isa/Vanuatu Tudei just fit like a puzzle piece for me, everything the Fiji Waka lacks the Isa/Vanuatu makes up for and visa versa. End result is a real nice drink and effect in my opinion. Just awesome. Will be mixing those two again in the future!

I just recieved my order today and tried kava for the third time. I put 5-6 tablespoons in a strainer and soaked it in 20 ounces of warm water for about 15 minutes and than squeezed it out. I drank it slowly and it did nothing except numb my mouth and throat a little so I did the same again with another 20 ounces of water and it had very little effect. I did it a third time and made it a little stronger. It did get me a little relaxed but it lasted it for about 30-45 minutes. Isn't it supposed to last longer? Am I doing something wrong?