What's new

Fiji Waka

krunkedout

Kava Lover
Anyone try Rex's recent batch of waka? I'm thinking of ordering some but I'm not so sure if I should get some or just get some more stone...

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
Hey Krunked

Sorry I hadn't posted yet. I just got the new waka earlier this week. I had never tried his waka before but overall its pretty decent. I was looking for mostly body effect and this came through. Its different than boroguru though, the body kicked in pretty instant and lasted for about 4 hours or so, got a mild headache after that but it went away with food and water so could have been dehydration. boroguru usally takes a little longer to kick in for me but lasts up to 7-8 hours.

For me i'd say it was 80% as strong as boroguru for body which is still pretty impressive.

I'm mixing another batch right now, I sometimes have a different reaction the very first time i try a strain, so i'll post if its different this time.

I ordered another pound just now in case he runs out again, it was gone for a really long time last time.

August West

Kava Enthusiast
How well rounded is this? I'm definitely looking for a kava that helps with body aches, muscle tension, and would also love a little calming/sedative reaction. I'm putting an order in tomorrow morning, and am looking for a daily kava. Don't know if I should do fiji waka or boruguru. 60-65 bucks for two lbs sounds good to me. Plus how long does both of their shipping take?

krunkedout

Kava Lover
I have been waiting for him to get the waka back in as well because I really liked the heady euphoric feelings of paradises Fiji waka. But it's good to know that this is decent kava so thanks for the response!

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
I just made a second batch, drank about 2 hours ago. Still going but it definitely tapers off. Its pretty sedative for the first couple hours, it still is now but not as strong. at first it was almost slowing my breathing it was so strong. but overall very calming, relaxed, like a decent muscle relaxer but its nice i havent gotten sleepy yet.

I had taken a second washing of chiefs jungle that was really weak about 4 hours before this but it only had very mild effects. It is possible they built on each other but i dont think it affected it that much. So far its enjoyable, not much head effect except for the fact that you feel very relaxed.

as far as boroguru. this is almost as strong in the first hour but tapers off much faster. boroguru is pretty long lasting for me

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
forgot to say, this root is very different, it soaks up the water like crazy. I usually make a very strong batch of 1 cup root to 2 cups water but when i tried it with this root it turned into a solid pile of clay. I had to add an extra cup of water just to be able to squeeze it and even then when i drank it it was like a very thick milkshake. very strange. it also didnt have any yellow resin foam at all.

August West

Kava Enthusiast
I'm horribly indecisive, so i'm gonna just order a pound of each instead of two pounds of one. I just wish stone was a little cheaper.

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
thats a good choice, then u can compare both. they could always act slightly different on you also

kl.kavalactone3

Kava Curious
just ordered some waka, i'm use to ordering stone/wow from nakamal@home, but the prices they got going on at kavabyrex got me. any more input on the effects of this specific kava?

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
ive been hesitant to post as i didnt want him to sell out, lol

this is a great kava

great muscle relax, with head euphoria without any disorientation, pretty wild

kl.kavalactone3

Kava Curious
sounds great! it came in today :D it smells very creamy and light, almost vanilla-ish. I hope the effects live up to the very mild smell. i shall make a bowl right now :)

kl.kavalactone3

Kava Curious
i really enjoyed it! i found it to be a VERY powdery fine ground, i used two nylon strainers together kneading it, most of the root seeped out and was very gritty and powdery drinking it. i got alittle nausea while drinking it. i ordered a fijian strainer hoping that it work with such a fine grind.

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
yeah the fijian strainer works good.

the first pound i had was 50% super fine and 50% medium, but it felt more like instant it was so fine, not gritty at all

the second pound was more medium size

got mine today shipping was fast and the product is high quality very good taste creamy fine ground buyer for life hit me like a ton of bricks 10 cup water with 1/2 cup kava nylon sock you cant go wrong its thanks to this forum i found this kava thank you all for taking the time i had spent 40+ on kava capsuls with no effect dont wast your money peace.