What's new

Forum News General Price Thread & Spreadsheet

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Updated the prices again today, kava lovers.

No big price changes.

We do have a new kava vendor. We welcome FijiFreshKava to the list.

ProjectK

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks for taking the time to make this. It really helps when wanting to try new quality stuff!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Sorry for the late update, gang. I've been working on moving and it's....daunting.

Lots of vendors with little inventory. Time for a re-up, guys!

• BKH - 11 Year Waka: Up From $94 to $96.50 per lb

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Blast from the past here. I've gone in an updated all the prices and availability for the price spreadsheet.

Too many changes to list, as I hadn't visited it since november of 2018. Almost all kava prices went up by a small margin since then. Nakamal @ Home's pricing has been lowered considerably since last november with stone clocking in at $49.89 a lb when you buy a kilo. I also noticed that MANY vendors have completely removed micronized from their offerings.

Bula!

hightides42

our Roots run deep
been reading forums for months, finally registered (to see what's behind the members only door lol) and wanted first post to be a big thank you for picking this spreadsheet back up and the good work updating, big help, big big thanks!

have couple comments Kapm, humbly made and with respect, for your consideration:

has The Kava Society asked to be excluded? (or did i miss their listing?)

one is marked as "new vendor" (blue box, Fiji fresh kava) but that was back in 2018 add, where longevity and reliablility matters (as i believe it does here) it may serve to add next to company name the date they began selling kava, a simple "since 2012" sort of notable show.

a bit cumbersome to find vendors in a forum post embedded spreadsheet, perhaps alphabetical order would help? or if spreadsheet downloadable could sort locally, like if there is reason behind the arbitrary appearing order.

GHK may be charging shipping now, at checkout there was a $8usd for sending "via Priority Mail Bubble Mailer" (3lbs and the book), defintely not complaining, i'd pay more for fast and assured shipping like GHK provides.

this may earn me a hearty laugh, but sure would be awesome to see chemotype column filled for all those reported at vendor sire or in their subforum here. Those with blanks would, hopefully, dwindle quick as vendors stood out for not providing such info. I think the footnote on GHK website says it best: "Kava Connoisseurs will select specific cultivars based on their chemotype. As we say on the Farm, we have a Kava for every occasion. Knowing your chemotypes is very important." I can go about helping gather that info if you'd like.

hightides42

our Roots run deep
glad to be here, thanks for the welcome! and gathering the chemotypes has begun, funny to quote GHK then not find them on website tho,:p checking subforum next.

need to learn my preferences as I'm all over the place buying since last Fall, so far preferring heavy and balanced/heavies and think other vendors may have same/similar by chemotype but not name or confusing me with name, like TKS Borogoru (243516) vs KWK Borongoru (241356, noted the different spelling too)

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
been reading forums for months, finally registered (to see what's behind the members only door lol) and wanted first post to be a big thank you for picking this spreadsheet back up and the good work updating, big help, big big thanks!

have couple comments Kapm, humbly made and with respect, for your consideration:

has The Kava Society asked to be excluded? (or did i miss their listing?)

one is marked as "new vendor" (blue box, Fiji fresh kava) but that was back in 2018 add, where longevity and reliablility matters (as i believe it does here) it may serve to add next to company name the date they began selling kava, a simple "since 2012" sort of notable show.

a bit cumbersome to find vendors in a forum post embedded spreadsheet, perhaps alphabetical order would help? or if spreadsheet downloadable could sort locally, like if there is reason behind the arbitrary appearing order.

GHK may be charging shipping now, at checkout there was a $8usd for sending "via Priority Mail Bubble Mailer" (3lbs and the book), defintely not complaining, i'd pay more for fast and assured shipping like GHK provides.

this may earn me a hearty laugh, but sure would be awesome to see chemotype column filled for all those reported at vendor sire or in their subforum here. Those with blanks would, hopefully, dwindle quick as vendors stood out for not providing such info. I think the footnote on GHK website says it best: "Kava Connoisseurs will select specific cultivars based on their chemotype. As we say on the Farm, we have a Kava for every occasion. Knowing your chemotypes is very important." I can go about helping gather that info if you'd like.
Welcome!
Thanks for the kind words. Your input is always appreciated here. We're a group of kava lovers all working together to make this place possible.

Kava Society has been added as of right now.

The new vendor was new back in Nov, 2018, so I'm a bit off on my dates there. Removed that blue square. Also corrected GHK. I'll add any information I'm able to get my hands on if you think that's helpful.

I'll see about getting that chemotype added.

Nikki Collins

Kava Curious
Newer to the forum and just found this, love it!!! I've been using Amazon and now I can buy direct from the best sourced sellers instead of just the Amazon reviews. I'll have to place a couple of orders after my next shipment comes in, so I pad the kava bank. I also made sure I was signed up for all their newsletters too, which will be helpful. Thank you guys for being so "kawsome".

hightides42

our Roots run deep
lived most my life enjoying the pace of the 'Land of Mañana' and another 10yrs on Island time, sounds like i'll fit in nicely :D

ss is coming along well, got a BKH, TKS, KWK and working on GHK so far, really like how BKH has their Certificate of Analyses, sure would be sweet if we could encourage all vendors to adopt this practice. also working under assumption that instant, micronized and medium grind are all the same chemotype for any given variety per vendor (and how i'm finding GHK chemotypes in the subforum here, listed under instant for this one, under medium for that, lol, yah will be good to gather this info for an easy overview in one spot.

hightides42

our Roots run deep
located so far in order of vendor website, vendor posted here in their subforum, or from: http://www.kavalibrary.com/Kava-Consumer-Guide.html www.kavalibrary.com/Kava_Report_Short.pdf considered as a last source since I could not find if they had tested (and have COA somewhere) or if it was vendor reported to them (last update back in 2018).
a bit of the way in i dropped the heady/heavy/balanced designation as it is subjective (imo) and often not stated by vendor, rather in customer comments which can be all over the place. although i do feel this is a good info to know, strong/light, day/night, calm/energetic, heady/heavy but likely better determined by consumer lending more value to learning their preferred chemotypes so as to establish what does what in comparing effects.

edit: attaching file since pasted table is massive wall of text and cells.. won't allow .ods extension (like MS office Excel, but from libreoffice/openoffice) will export to html pdf and xls see if theycreate less work for merging the info.

Bula!

Attachments

Last edited:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
located so far in order of vendor website, vendor posted here in their subforum, or from: http://www.kavalibrary.com/Kava-Consumer-Guide.html www.kavalibrary.com/Kava_Report_Short.pdf considered as a last source since I could not find if they had tested (and have COA somewhere) or if it was vendor reported to them (last update back in 2018).
a bit of the way in i dropped the heady/heavy/balanced designation as it is subjective (imo) and often not stated by vendor, rather in customer comments which can be all over the place. although i do feel this is a good info to know, strong/light, day/night, calm/energetic, heady/heavy but likely better determined by consumer lending more value to learning their preferred chemotypes so as to establish what does what in comparing effects.

edit: attaching file since pasted table is massive wall of text and cells.. won't allow .ods extension (like MS office Excel, but from libreoffice/openoffice) will export to html pdf and xls see if theycreate less work for merging the info.

Bula!
PM me your gmail address if you have one and I'll add you to the list of editors

hightides42

our Roots run deep
that's awesome, thank you for trusting.
but.. took a year and a half to shut down a decade old gmail account (from the beta test days lol) which completed start of the year, cant go back, brother, just cant.

but do have riseup.net for email, can verify etc, not sure how (is it google docs) it works, had a couple hoops for joining a yahoo group some time back. cant go back to gmail though and riseup earns every penny of my donations with what services they provide. i'll send you my riseup and see if it works lol.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
All pricing and availability up to date as of 6/5/2020 @ 9:20AM CST.

Not much changed other than Gourmet Hawaiian kava now having two instants available, and KWK added Loa Waka back to the micronized and medium grind offerings.

Also, I owe a big "thank you!" to @hightides42 for their help on attaching many of the chemotypes.

Bula!

hightides42

our Roots run deep
hey Kapm, was doing another scrub of chemotypes, have been on close watch for Cactus Kava 'Eva' variety (as it sounds to match Borogu from KWK, my partner's fave), anyway, noted it showed available on ss, rechecked site and they still out so i lined it out on ss just now.

I suspect we will be seeing another month or three of empty seller shelves as folks go to restock whatever comes available, be quick or be left thirsty! :arghh:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
hey Kapm, was doing another scrub of chemotypes, have been on close watch for Cactus Kava 'Eva' variety (as it sounds to match Borogu from KWK, my partner's fave), anyway, noted it showed available on ss, rechecked site and they still out so i lined it out on ss just now.

I suspect we will be seeing another month or three of empty seller shelves as folks go to restock whatever comes available, be quick or be left thirsty! :arghh:
Thanks for fixing that! My process can get a little bumpy especially if I decide to tackle it between helping customers.

The amounts are dwindling by the day it seems. I'm going to check them daily to keep up with the quickly changing supply.

Vendors which seem to be in stock regularly during this time.
  • Squanch Kava
  • FijiFresh Kava
  • Kava Society NZ
  • Kava Vinaka
  • Nakamal @ Home
  • Root of Happiness
  • Bestfiji Kava
  • Kavafied
Vendors completely out of kava
  • Bula Kava House
    • Seems he's been out for an extended time now. Sorta concerned.
  • Gourmet Hawaiian Kava
    • There's always more growing.

Last edited: