What's new

Forum News General Price Thread & Spreadsheet

hightides42

our Roots run deep
i'm not the guy to actually get it done, but it sure seems logical that cells can be "auto check&update" sort of formula/script or somesuch? (maybe 1x/day so as to not get blocked). Would be tedious if lengthy formula because each will be custom, but damn handy tool to have, especially lately~

so as to not do double work I'll start leaving comments for days I check availability, we are still liking KWK and have been heart and mind captured by GHK so watching them close and couple other vendors with same/similar chemotypes we're preferring. Want to jump deep into TKS(NZ) but need to see the kilo bought near 8 weeks ago and lost at internation arrival in usps, cant take losses like that and will pay more for assured (and insured) shipping. my will is almost broke though, want to get 2kg in this sale almost over, and know its not Henry's fault, it is US mail handling that i am concenred with, at least anything us customs looks at:/

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
i'm not the guy to actually get it done, but it sure seems logical that cells can be "auto check&update" sort of formula/script or somesuch? (maybe 1x/day so as to not get blocked). Would be tedious if lengthy formula because each will be custom, but damn handy tool to have, especially lately~

so as to not do double work I'll start leaving comments for days I check availability, we are still liking KWK and have been heart and mind captured by GHK so watching them close and couple other vendors with same/similar chemotypes we're preferring. Want to jump deep into TKS(NZ) but need to see the kilo bought near 8 weeks ago and lost at internation arrival in usps, cant take losses like that and will pay more for assured (and insured) shipping. my will is almost broke though, want to get 2kg in this sale almost over, and know its not Henry's fault, it is US mail handling that i am concenred with, at least anything us customs looks at:/
Hey, I'm all for any type of innovation you think could make our job easier in regards to the prices. I'd love for it to autoupdate.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Updated again today. Kavatime has a few options available for purchase again including one micronized option. Removed a few kavas from ROH as they went out of stock from when I checked yesterday. Their stock easily changes faster than any other vendor.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Updated

GHK - Mahakea Medium Grind back in stock. That's pretty much the only change.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Updated list. No changes to stock, however BKH is in the process of restocking.

*Edit: ROH Updated stock on several kavas

What To Expect In The Coming Weeks From Bula Kava House!

We Anticipate Having Kava Available Soon!

We have been sold out of much kava recently due to difficult shipping logistics from the Pacific Islands. Unfortunately, all passenger planes were grounded. Freight from the Pacific Islands typically goes on passenger planes, so this has presented a challenge.
Our large shipment of kava is in the US now; it is going through customs and FDA clearance. We hope to have this available in the next two weeks.
The following kava blends will be available when once we recieve our shipment: Nambawan, 11 Year Waka, Nangol Noble, Melo Melo, and Vanuatu Instant Green Tea.
We are working very hard to keep stock coming in and greatly appreciate all of your patience and understanding!

Last edited:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Daily update. No stock changes today. Bula!

Edit: Also updated on Sunday as well. No changes.

Last edited:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Updated Today

Kava Time: Taveuni's Secret back in stock.
Removed one kava from ROH due to being out of stock.
No other changes.

hightides42

our Roots run deep
that's a lot of work Kapm! I tried searching for a script, formula or something for excel docs to update cells with info from websites and have come up with nothing of value. consider perhaps to update once a week, versus daily, as inventories seem to be reestablishing and even stabilizing across the board.

haven't done edit to doc for a bit, was updating website links last. Today corrected name for Kava Time's Kadavu to Gourmet Kadavu Waka and added chemotype 643251 after vendor cleared up my confusion between reported here vs on their website.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
glad to be here, thanks for the welcome! and gathering the chemotypes has begun, funny to quote GHK then not find them on website tho,:p checking subforum next.

need to learn my preferences as I'm all over the place buying since last Fall, so far preferring heavy and balanced/heavies and think other vendors may have same/similar by chemotype but not name or confusing me with name, like TKS Borogoru (243516) vs KWK Borongoru (241356, noted the different spelling too)
Hello, and warm welcome too. Just a few thoughts on chemotypes. I am a right OCD case so I take a scientific interest in these things.

But I just scrolled through the spreadsheet again. And from my admittedly brief, 8 months of experience, during which time I've had the pleasure of sampling numerous high quality kavas- when I look at the chemotypes for different kavas I am more or less drawn to....

They can be very similar or even identical in chemotype, yet very different in experience to me.

I adore Kavatime Gourmet Savusavu. I like GHK M'oi, but less so. It is far more heady to me, while the KT Savusavu has a surprising balance to it, with such a chilled, relaxed, content and also physical restfulness lasting several hours.

I don't get the same feeling with GHK M'oi, however lovely it is.

And many others too, such similar Chemotypes but so different.

So I agree that Chemotypes are relevant, useful and important, but by no means rhe crux of all.

Clearly other variables at play. I suppose it isn't too dissimilar to two different strains of cannabis, with equal ratios of thc, cbd etc etc, but very different subjective effect and experience.

Of course, terpenes in cannabis also play a vital role in effects.
Kava surely has it's own version of terpenes and other compounds? Which can modify, even transform the subjective effects.

I am still just slowly learning though, sharing a few observations.

No Chemotypes listed for N@H WoW and Solomon. I much much prefer the Solomon myself. WoW is too heavy, lethargic for my own preference. I prefer the elation of the Solomon.

They have some Lab reports of both on their website.

Oh yes, connected to that- the reports list exact percentages of each chemotype. Without doubt this plays a big part in the variance and uniqueness of every Kava. It would be even better if those percentages were widely and commonly available too.

I think then, choosing Kava by Chemotype would be easier to predict and pin down.

Welcome again, @hightides42 and big thanks for your contributions, not challenging you at all btw hope all is good with you.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
g me with name, like TKS Borogoru (243516) vs KWK Borongoru (241356, noted the different spelling too)
Haha, yes with you on that one. I myself got muddled over exactly this.

I have KWK Borongoru, and unopened yet KSNewzealand Borogoru. I was somehow convinced the NZ one was also spelt Borongoru.

And then we have also Borogu as you say.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
that's a lot of work Kapm! I tried searching for a script, formula or something for excel docs to update cells with info from websites and have come up with nothing of value. consider perhaps to update once a week, versus daily, as inventories seem to be reestablishing and even stabilizing across the board.

haven't done edit to doc for a bit, was updating website links last. Today corrected name for Kava Time's Kadavu to Gourmet Kadavu Waka and added chemotype 643251 after vendor cleared up my confusion between reported here vs on their website.
Sorry guys to troll here. Just to add- @Kapmcrunk I also think less regular updates would suffice plenty.

Not saying "better". I'm just thinking- less work for yourself and still totally sufficient for us all.

But then also, I see your passion clearly and if you are naturally driven by this for satiafaction and pleasure sake, please carry on.

Also, I wondered if you were thinking about us all, letting us know instantly when any of our favorite or desired kavas reappear. I could certainly appreciate that thinking. I think I'm the same. I have just as much passion for all willing others, to experience the pure wonders and emotional healing powers of herbal medicine (and clean psychedellics)....

So it excites me to be right on the ball and share what greatness is available, sans delay!

That's all. Sorry guys, had a lovely big jar of Kava today. The blender method with lecithin, really is much stronger than Aluballing I swear.

I soaked and blended 25 grams each N@H WoW and Solomon gold, in 1.25L water.

Wow such a thick, oily grog and so potent.
Yesterday the same with 50 grams even split KS Melomelo, and KWK Pouni Ono. Was even more sublime, that combo.

hightides42

our Roots run deep
heya AlexisReal, well met! lotsa good thoughts in reply there and as i've been paying attention to chemotypes we (now) better understand they are a decent guide but, as you state, hardly equating same or even similar effects where the big 6 match up as reported by vendors.
while our preferences lean balanced to heavy we've also found major differences in effect on matched chemotypes and often have found seemingly different effects than many reports and reviews here in forums. One thing we have been doing this past couple months is mixing varieties, as you mention above with MeloMelo and Pouni Ono, and finding even better, and usually well balanced, effects.
and yah, the Borongoru, Borogoru, Boroguru (and completely different Borogu) thing had us confused a bit, looking again at chemotypes to assure they are the 'same', but really needing to run with any one (new) variety for a day or three before really determining if effect is in the preferred zone. I add in another determining factor with my kava use, that is how it works with the cannabis, adaptogens, nootropics and entheogens i consume, and how it all works together towards quieting my combat wrecked mind.

ps. not recalling N@H having lab reports up, will take another look and see if them chemotypes are discernable from those, thanks for the heads up on it!