What's new

GHK extract photos.

starsofclay

Kava Enthusiast
i don't know what brand that is... mine from essential oil wizardry looks exactly like that, and yes it packs a punch. standardized to 60% kavalactones. I just take about the size of a q-tip end and let it sit on my tongue. Effects are stronger the longer you can let it sit on your tongue and only swallow the juices, not the extract (in my experience)

1 small dab seems to feel the same as taking a xanax, perhaps stronger in my case.

i have been using it for stress control at work, which is a very stressful place. you can't beat the convenience and taste!

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
i don't know what brand that is... mine from essential oil wizardry looks exactly like that, and yes it packs a punch. standardized to 60% kavalactones. I just take about the size of a q-tip end and let it sit on my tongue. Effects are stronger the longer you can let it sit on your tongue and only swallow the juices, not the extract (in my experience)

1 small dab seems to feel the same as taking a xanax, perhaps stronger in my case.

i have been using it for stress control at work, which is a very stressful place. you can't beat the convenience and taste!
This brand is Gourmet Hawaiian Kava Mahakea. There is no other CO2 extract out there that is made with 100% Noble 100% Hawaiian kava root. Aloha.

Chris

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Chris, I dunno what your plans are but I would love a totally unflavored, unmodified extract to be available if that's a possibility. I had some (no-name brand) stuff like that and it was great. The kava taste isn't bad at all when there's no sediment/heaps of dry powder involved.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Anybody know if the chemotype changes using C02 extraction versus traditional prep? How about FKA and FKB levels?

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I don't know of any research/HPLC analysis out there, but I have to think it's fairly different from aqueous extraction. I've never felt really strongly sedated from taking extracts in reasonable amounts.

Jerome

Kava Lover
I don't know of any research/HPLC analysis out there, but I have to think it's fairly different from aqueous extraction. I've never felt really strongly sedated from taking extracts in reasonable amounts.
It was definitely not very sedating. Mostly very buzzy.

What i want to know is if it's shelf stable and if so, how?

boxcar beatnik

Kava Enthusiast
I can't believe I've still never had moi. i love heady kava too.i think that's going to be my next purchase. I bought squanch and kalm loa waka last and they have been doing the trick pretty well but there is nothing like finding that good bash in the mail. It makes you feel like Charlie from willie wonka with the golden ticket.
Sounds good!

I just ordered my first pound of Moi to tide me over till then (y)

Pat-Attack

Kava Curious
After loving Kalm's Fiji Loa Waka Instant, I ended up buying a butt ton of your GHK moi after reading reviews and it was a great buzz, but just ended in intense nausea, I'm eager to try something slightly more palatable(being smaller and portable) and without nausea. (unfortunately I jumped ahead and ordered the full spectrum paste yesterday from Kona Kava Farm before reading reviews here...I'll still try it, though) but I'm pouncing on this when it's ready to ship!