What's new

Has Reverse Tolerence Been Proven ?? (For Kava)

NZdude

Kava Curious
So now i just pour kava in my mouth and let it sit in my mouth for 10mins and then down it with water .. LOL..
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat - have I read this correctly? You just spoon raw dry kava powder in your mouth, let it sit for 10 mins, then swallow it with water? :sick::sick: If so, that is the most disgusting thing I have ever heard of with kava, but also you deserve a medal for perseverance! I dont think I am going to be able to look at kava for a couple of days after hearing that (ok maybe I will :D).

You should really try Chris' micronised or instant. I am eagerly waiting for my order in the post :joyful:

Skywalker

Kava Enthusiast
Oh, and I'm a vegetarian that mostly eats vegan. I don't go crazy about it, but most of the food I eat is vegan.
And on that note, yes reverse tolerance is real. The first few times I tried kava I was like :eek: but after ten more times I was like :) and then I was like:sleep:

keeron

Kava Enthusiast
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat - have I read this correctly? You just spoon raw dry kava powder in your mouth, let it sit for 10 mins, then swallow it with water? :sick::sick: If so, that is the most disgusting thing I have ever heard of with kava, but also you deserve a medal for perseverance! I dont think I am going to be able to look at kava for a couple of days after hearing that (ok maybe I will :D).

You should really try Chris' micronised or instant. I am eagerly waiting for my order in the post :joyful:
Hahaha!! ..
Yeah thats what i do.. I find it 10x easier than drinking the Muddy Water that Kava produces when mixed with water...

I think the Muddy Water, mainly the water is what makes me nauseous when mixed with Kava.
The Kava alone, by itself is nowhere near as bad as the muddy water brew (imo). lol

keeron

Kava Enthusiast
@keeron You said--- "To be fair, people put way more stress and damage on their liver's everyday, consuming Alcohol, Mcdonalds, Processed Foods and harsh chemicals.
My diet it is : Fruit, Nuts, Chicken, Gluten free bread, Lettuce,Mushrooms & Greens (I'm Sugar Free & Gluten Free). *This is literally all i eat* No Processed foods at all. & No alcohol, unless used for an extract and evaporated. No other drugs or pharma drugs."

This sounds very vegan, are you vegan? My wife and I are vegan, I am certainly glad that kava is a vegan product. Also on a side note, since you wanted to make the kava extract for when you are not able to make the kava drink, might I suggest my micronized or even my instant kava, all you do is stir it in and drink. Also it is not like the more common micronized powders, this is not hard on your system because of the filtering process it goes through before I put the kava in my micronizer.
I wonder how many other vegans are on the forum. Aloha nui loa.

Chris
Hi,

I used to be vegetarian, and slightly vegan, until i added Chicken & Whey Protein into my diet, to help with adding more protein into my diet.
Im just Gluten, Milk & Sugar free at the moment. I tend to just eat Chicken as a meat source. Im not a fan of red meats or fish.. So i stick with Chicken.

Being Vegan / Vegetarian can cause some people to feel ill after a while. I dont know the reason behind this, it could be deficiencies or lack of protein .
This is the case with me, so i added some non-vegetarian / vegan foods into my diet and now i feel great.

I may give the Micronized Kava a go..
Me wanting to do an extract , Its mainly due to the fact, Kava isnt well known were i live and people could mistake me for carrying any kind of drug and i prefer to not have people question what weird brown substance im carrying and then drinking. I planned on taking an extract sublingually under the tongue, to avoid these situations.

The last time i took Kava socially people thought it was some crazy drug like Heroin or something :jawdrop:, which is crazy , but it just shows that Kava isnt really that well known in the mainstream or in the mainstream ''public''.

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
i notice that Kava doesn't work as well for me if i have an every day caffeine habit. I dropped caffeine a number of months ago and it does seem easier to "listen to the kava" as they say.

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
Hi,

I used to be vegetarian, and slightly vegan, until i added Chicken & Whey Protein into my diet, to help with adding more protein into my diet.
Im just Gluten, Milk & Sugar free at the moment. I tend to just eat Chicken as a meat source. Im not a fan of red meats or fish.. So i stick with Chicken.

Being Vegan / Vegetarian can cause some people to feel ill after a while. I dont know the reason behind this, it could be deficiencies or lack of protein .
This is the case with me, so i added some non-vegetarian / vegan foods into my diet and now i feel great.

I may give the Micronized Kava a go..
Me wanting to do an extract , Its mainly due to the fact, Kava isnt well known were i live and people could mistake me for carrying any kind of drug and i prefer to not have people question what weird brown substance im carrying and then drinking. I planned on taking an extract sublingually under the tongue, to avoid these situations.

The last time i took Kava socially people thought it was some crazy drug like Heroin or something :jawdrop:, which is crazy , but it just shows that Kava isnt really that well known in the mainstream or in the mainstream ''public''.
Have you tried Quinoa for a protein source? It's a superfood, complete protein, gluten free also. It's a great replacement for an oatmeal type breakfast food or to replace something like cous-cous for dinner. And delicious to boot!

keeron

Kava Enthusiast
Have you tried Quinoa for a protein source? It's a superfood, complete protein, gluten free also. It's a great replacement for an oatmeal type breakfast food or to replace something like cous-cous for dinner. And delicious to boot!
It sounds awesome!!.

I might use it as a rice substitute.. Aswell as an Oat substitute, As both rice an oats contain Gluten, but not the harmful Gluten thats in Wheat, but still i'd rather use Quinoa that has Zero Gluten.. Thanks for the tip..
Ive always seen Quinoa but ive never actually read up on the Compounds or properties of it until you said its a superfood.

Its expensive!! . lets hope the Farmers get some of this money.
I hope it tastes as good as it sounds !! lol.

i notice that Kava doesn't work as well for me if i have an every day caffeine habit. I dropped caffeine a number of months ago and it does seem easier to "listen to the kava" as they say.
Yeah, Ive tried ''listening to the kava before'' but i could never hear it!!! lol.
I just kept on trying and trying and experimenting until i finally got to experience the effects of kava.. Which was only like 3 days ago.

It was well worth the wait.. Im still 100% clueless why Kava did not work the First 10+ times of trying it...

Last edited:

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
I asked this question in another thread that I started, but since this is a reverse tolerance post, I'll bring it up again here.

Is it normal in reverse tolerance for you to feel 'something', although nothing pleasant, or is it normal to feel nothing and then one day it hits you. Because I always feel something, even the very first time, it's just that it's not anything that would make you want to drink mud after spending 15 minutes to prepare the mud. :unsure:

I am jealous right now of everyone who Kava is working for. I'm not giving up or anything. I will drink all 1.5 lbs that I have anyway, before giving up.

keeron

Kava Enthusiast
I asked this question in another thread that I started, but since this is a reverse tolerance post, I'll bring it up again here.

Is it normal in reverse tolerance for you to feel 'something', although nothing pleasant, or is it normal to feel nothing and then one day it hits you. Because I always feel something, even the very first time, it's just that it's not anything that would make you want to drink mud after spending 15 minutes to prepare the mud. :unsure:

I am jealous right now of everyone who Kava is working for. I'm not giving up or anything. I will drink all 1.5 lbs that I have anyway, before giving up.
My bad, maybe i should of rephrased my original post!!...

Yes i did feel something on my first Correct brew, but this feeling was so mild i couldnt even pinpoint any effects.. The reason i said people dont feel anything was just to generalize..
But yeah, i felt some effects the first few times, but it could of been placebo and the effects were nothing significant, sort of like i drank a sip of green tea, if that even...
However, now i can actually pinpoint and describe the effects.

For example, the other day, i felt like i was melting in my chair, sort of like ''Couch-Lock'' experiences..
Dont give up!!..

Ohhh and by the way. The only time i've felt actual effects from kava is when i've scooped around 2- 3 grams of Kava in my mouth around 10 times, so about 20- 30 grams in total.

So i Scooped Raw Kava powder into my mouth and then left to absorb under my tongue for 10mins and then i swallowed the Unstrained Kava (With Water). I did this every 10 mins, so thats 3 grams of Kava every 10 mins in my mouth over the space of 2 hours.

Give it a try, if you still have no success with the traditional brew, unstrained Kava taken Sublingual under the tongue and then swallowed, is going to be way stronger than strained. (i think). Saliva and your mouth will break up some of the Powder, which may help extract the Kavalactones.

Last edited:

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
...So i Scooped Raw Kava powder into my mouth and then left to absorb under my tongue for 10mins and then i swallowed the Unstrained Kava. I did this every 10 mins, so thats 3 grams of Kava every 10 mins in my mouth over the space of 2 hours.

Give it a try, if you still have no success with the traditional brew, unstrained Kava taken Sublingual under the tongue and then swallowed, is going to be way stronger than strained. (i think). Saliva and your mouth will break up some of the Powder, which may help extract the Kavalactones.
Maybe I missed where you said this but do you use water or anything else to help get the kava down or do you just kinda chew it up and swallow it down? Either way man that's hardcore :wtf:

I guess, in some way, it's a deconstructed approach to the traditional way of making kava. Traditionally (as I understand it) it's chewed for a while to grind the root and start the "activation" i guess you could say. But then it's spit out and a proper beverage made out of the chewed root. I just honestly don't see how you can keep that up. More power to you though if you can...

Any minute now @Deleted User01 is going to swoop in and give you a talking to about the wonders being created in the Kava Kitchen that mask the kava mud taste and make a more palatable beverage. Sheezus man I just throw a shot or two of coffee in kava and some coffee creamer and you have a KavaLatte that masks that taste. Some of us even acquire a taste for it (I can handle some kinds more than others straight no chaser, but not many)

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Chewing is just a historical method of grinding the root. They would always then make a water extraction from it. I don't believe it is intended to produce great effects although I bet it would numb the hell out of your mouth.

D

Deleted User01

Any minute now @Deleted User01 is going to swoop in and give you a talking to about the wonders being created in the Kava Kitchen that mask the kava mud taste and make a more palatable beverage. Sheezus man I just throw a shot or two of coffee in kava and some coffee creamer and you have a KavaLatte that masks that taste.
You got that right mate. Life is too short to be consuming horrible tasting things. Right now I'm drinking some Honakane Iki Micronized with some instant of the same strain in a big cup of ginger ale and ice. Can't afford to buy limes anymore. :D Just sipping and typing. Life is good for us short furry creatures ....

P.S. Only use Kavain Kavas with your coffee otherwise they will wage war with each other. Add chocolate syrup and ice and Bob's your uncle. (Tip from the Kitchen).

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
I can say I've ordered the root pieces from Real Kava (Kava Kauai) and chewing the root does produce an effect but definitely not like the grog does. It's good for a light lift during the work day. I'll chew maybe an inch long piece for around 10-15 minutes if i can. The taste isn't bad but it's like my body just rejects the root pieces after a while and I'll get really nauseous unless i spit it out. By then though the effects are good for what it is. I'll spit out the pieces into a mug then make a tea out of it. Kinda gross i guess but it's not like anyone else is drinking it.

D

Deleted User01

thank you for sharing. Especially the spit part. :LOL: I remember when we were kids (and if we didn't have any gum) we would chew on anything. A mesquite pod, a piece of tar, a pencil, wax, etc. Sure wish I had me some chewing root. I hear it shore is relaxin. I'm still waiting for Chris to start selling little pieces of root that look like licorice in a candy bag. Maybe covered in chocolate. Or Toffee Flavored. Toffee is chewy ..... Hmmmm ....

keeron

Kava Enthusiast
Maybe I missed where you said this but do you use water or anything else to help get the kava down or do you just kinda chew it up and swallow it down? Either way man that's hardcore :wtf:
Of course !! lol!!!

yeah, i wash the kava down with Water!, theres no way i would swallow kava dry. LOL!.
I've edited my post, just so it clarifies that i use water..

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
My bad, maybe i should of rephrased my original post!!...

Yes i did feel something on my first Correct brew, but this feeling was so mild i couldnt even pinpoint any effects.. The reason i said people dont feel anything was just to generalize..
But yeah, i felt some effects the first few times, but it could of been placebo and the effects were nothing significant, sort of like i drank a sip of green tea, if that even...
However, now i can actually pinpoint and describe the effects.

For example, the other day, i felt like i was melting in my chair, sort of like ''Couch-Lock'' experiences..
Dont give up!!..
I hope I can get through this reverse tolerance soon. I think I had a bad start. First I ordered Kava that I later found out was very weak. Then I ordered some better Kava, but I had guests for nearly a week and was playing tour guide, sort of a burning the candle at both ends sort of thing. So I didn't get to make too many batches. Tonight, feeling too stressed, I had to have a beer, my stress level is getting too high again. Sigh, I will be making another batch of Kava tomorrow night, and hopefully continuing for several more straight days afterwards. I'm also going to switch from my blender to the kneading method to see if that helps.

KavaLot

Kava Enthusiast
I definitely would be in for some fresh chewing root. I wonder if it was vacuum sealed right after harvest could it be shipped without going bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deactivated Account

take it on a full stomach, don't use enough, use shitty products, etc.
This is my take on it also. Anyone can hit a golf ball but it takes substantial experience to hit it like tiger woods.

D

Deleted User01

Hyperion, just get either some instant kava or some Micronized so you can drop it in your sody pop/coffee and chug it while you are playing tour guide. I'm assuming you are having a hard time finding time for your Kava Project. If you are driving, make sure it is a high Kavain Kava and not a couch potato Kava with a chemotype that starts with 2. All of the Hawaiians have chemotypes that start with 4.