What's new

Has Reverse Tolerence Been Proven ?? (For Kava)

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
Hyperion, just get either some instant kava or some Micronized so you can drop it in your sody pop/coffee and chug it while you are playing tour guide. I'm assuming you are having a hard time finding time for your Kava Project. If you are driving, make sure it is a high Kavain Kava and not a couch potato Kava with a chemotype that starts with 2. All of the Hawaiians have chemotypes that start with 4.
Hey, Deleted User01, can I ... does anyone drink Kava at work? There are some days at works I could really use something calming. But I wasn't sure, my experience being not much effect yet, if it is safe to do so or not.

So, you are saying Hawaiian would be a good instant to remain functional?

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
Ok, so I have to write more here. I just experienced my first truly pleasant effects from Kava. But it is too fleeting. This is really strange stuff. For a few minutes, I had on/off feelings of strong euphoria and a very pleasant body feeling, very very nice. Altogether, that lasted in on/off mode for about 20 minutes. This was actually the first time that made me want to continue experimenting with Kava. Maybe my switch of prep method paid off. I'm heading to the kitchen to make a 2nd 2 tbsps. batch of Boroguru.

Oh, I have to add, I don't know, I am not sure at all that this is reverse tolerance. I think it is something else, like a learning, an acquired taste, not sure. But I'm not sure about calling this reverse tolerance since I have been feeling this stuff since batch one, just that I was strangely indifferent to the effect and found no pleasure in it.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
when we speak of reverse tolerance, we don't necessarily mean it had zero effect when we started. when i started i always felt something...it just wasn't that great, it wasnt the full experience and didn't matter if i tripled the dose. that wouldnt impact it much. you eventually just start feeling it more. you'll start getting more consistent and unquestionable results. and then you'll see how nice it really can be. but you have to be willing to accept it for what it is too...feeling disappointed with the results or having too high of expectation can kill the vibe.

This aspect that we often call reverse tolerance is really more like a priming period. I consider the real reverse tolerance to be that once you are primed you can feel the kava stronger with out necessarily needing to use more root to do so. Unlike most drugs in which you have to use more-and-more product to get the same effect, due to tolerance, Kava doesn't seem to. With kava you can find a dosage you like and use it for years, it won't change and you won't need to start using more. In fact sometimes using less provides better effects, that's what I consider true reverse tolerance.
Do keep in mind though, kava can always be a bit fickle. Some days just won't have the same effect even if you've done the exact same thing.
I was on a streak lately of not really feeling it to the fullest, so i started uping the dose for a few days to no avail. I then tried using less than usual, and i had a great night.

Last edited:

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
when we speak of reverse tolerance, we don't necessarily mean it had zero effect when we started. when i started i always felt something...it just wasn't that great, it wasnt the full experience and didn't matter if i tripled the dose. that wouldnt impact it much. you eventually just start feeling it more. you'll start getting more consistent and unquestionable results. and then you'll see how nice it really can be. but you have to be willing to accept it for what it is too...feeling disappointed with the results or having too high of expectation can kill the vibe.

This aspect that we often call reverse tolerance is really more like a priming period. I consider the real reverse tolerance to be that once you are primed you can feel the kava stronger with out necessarily needing to use more root to do so. Unlike most drugs in which you have to use more-and-more product to get the same effect, due to tolerance, Kava doesn't seem to. With kava you can find a dosage you like and use it for years, it won't change and you won't need to start using more. In fact sometimes using less provides better effects, that's what I consider true reverse tolerance.
Do keep in mind though, kava can always be a bit fickle. Some days just won't have the same effect even if you've done the exact same thing.
I was on a streak lately of not really feeling it to the fullest, so i started uping the dose for a few days to no avail. I then tried using less than usual, and i had a great night.
Hey, shakas, thanks for that reply, it was very helpful/informative for me, because I have been wondering about this for the entire time I have been experimenting.

I went back to the kitchen and 2nd washed the boroguru and then decided to toss in 2 tbsps of the Vanuatu3. At this point, I am starting to think that the Vanuatu3 is pretty worthless. I just want to use it, but it in no way made me recover that very nice feeling that I was experiencing, however fleetingly before. I need to order more boroguru and maybe toss the Vanuatu. Before I couldn't tell much difference, though a little, but now it's too obvious.

Well, pretty much like everything else in life, right? I didn't really go into this expecting anything, so my few minutes of boroguru euphoria tonight was a very pleasant surprise. Especially when it was accompanied by a very warm and fuzzy body effect.

I am thinking of going back to the kitchen to make up some more boroguru. I am a little hesitant because I have to work tomorrow, but I think I have read here that there is no hangover or next day ill effects with Kava?

Last edited:

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Keep the Van3 around, I wouldn't toss it. You really need to just increase your dosage, there's no way you're going to accidentally go overboard.
Perhaps start using 4-5 tablespoons tomorrow. I'm sure you've seen the survey results it's very common to use 8 tablespoons. Stronger batches, drunk over the course of an hour or so result in a fuller, longer experience. I've noticed really weak dosages tend to fade quicker...like there might be some threshold you have to reach for the longer acting effects to kick in.