What's new

Is Cactus Kava out of business? (Still in business)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Bula and Nakamal At Home seem to consistently have the fastest shipping outside of Amazon prime. Kava vendors are very slow to ship compared to any other herb vendors that I order from, so you need to keep enough on hand or be prepared to wait. I understand the frustration since part of the reason I use kava is for medical reasons and it's no fun running out and having to wait nearly a week, depending on when you placed the order...

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
fwiw I had a successful order of several items with Cactus in the middle of Sep. Good root it was, too. As for BKH taking my money, that's never been a problem. :)

Jellyman64

Δ Kavanaut Δ
BKH’s Nambawan or Nangol are fantastic!
Well, I purchased the Nangol. I am pensive about this because Nambawan really kicked my ass, a year ago I figured I'd toss and wash it because my first two shells didn't do much. Needless to say I was couchlock, but to the point of unenjoyment. I also had a record playing really loud and felt too disoriented to get up and turn it off. I know that the big mistake was ordering a heavy kava for my second time having it, and then also the fact that I tossed and washed... But I've heard good things about Nangol, like that it's more balanced. So I am excited.

Dr. Krunk, do you think that maybe I should consider my experience with Nambawan a fluke, that I didn't respect the root, or maybe that I am just not compatible with it? I ended up throwing it away because I felt as if kava wasn't for me. Fast forward to now and I have had a beautiful reuniting with Kava, and I am eager to explore different varieties.

KrunkMunster

Kava Enthusiast
There are times Cactus is a little slow. Dont sweat it. Ive ordered loads of Kava from them. Morgan will take care of you. He would refund your money if he was having shipping issues or was on a hiatus. That guy is the last person you need to worry about stiffing you

Last edited:

KrunkMunster

Kava Enthusiast
Looks like Morgan sold Cactus Kava. I missed that. Bummer. Hopefully this isn't a bad sign

Last edited:

Thuja

Kava Curious
Cactus did send a shipping conformation while I was sleeping, and I have to admit, I did forget about veterans day being a holiday, I'm a veteran and it has never been a holiday for me, so yeah.

Thuja

Kava Curious
As far as I know the site is functioning properly but if you could let me know what was happening I'd appreciate it. Please send me an email at [email protected] in case I don't check in here. Thanks.
Yeah, the checkout would not let me enter CC information, I will try again real soon. I have been interested in your product for some time and you guys get great reviews. I just need to figure out what works best for my chronic RA pain w/anxiety and depression (they all go together so nicely:().

Dr.Krunk

Certified Quack
Well, I purchased the Nangol. I am pensive about this because Nambawan really kicked my ass, a year ago I figured I'd toss and wash it because my first two shells didn't do much. Needless to say I was couchlock, but to the point of unenjoyment. I also had a record playing really loud and felt too disoriented to get up and turn it off. I know that the big mistake was ordering a heavy kava for my second time having it, and then also the fact that I tossed and washed... But I've heard good things about Nangol, like that it's more balanced. So I am excited.

Dr. Krunk, do you think that maybe I should consider my experience with Nambawan a fluke, that I didn't respect the root, or maybe that I am just not compatible with it? I ended up throwing it away because I felt as if kava wasn't for me. Fast forward to now and I have had a beautiful reuniting with Kava, and I am eager to explore different varieties.
It’s hard to say what a specific strain will do for someone else. There’s specific chemotypes that tend to have characteristics that are generally associated with the root but others might have a very different experience all together. No Kava is the same and offer different experiences. Some might be more pleasing to you, others you might not understand why everyone is raving about it. You definitely need to respect the root and most importantly your own body.

Personally for me I couldn’t recommend toss n wash to anyone. Micro is essentially toss n wash but the very fine grind alleaciates stomach/GI issues for many. Toss n wash will also generally be stronger than traditional kneading. So it could be very well possible that you had too much.

Nambawan is very unique from many of the Kava’s I’ve experienced and @Krunkie McKrunkface could probably attest to that. At first it might seem underwhelming but you start getting a very calm chill feeling. As you down a few more shells it can start to pick up quickly but tends to feel very clear and clean. Of course this might be different for you. I’d recommend giving it another try in the future but it’s completely possible that it’s just not for you.

All that said I wouldn’t be concerned with the Nangol. When I try a new Kava I generally take it a bit slower than usual. I always do a large session that is traditionally kneaded in a attempt to eliminate any extra variables. Than space out the shells probably one every 20 mins. That gives you time to experience what each shell does before overconsumption. Respect the root!

Last edited:

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Cactus did send a shipping conformation while I was sleeping, and I have to admit, I did forget about veterans day being a holiday, I'm a veteran and it has never been a holiday for me, so yeah.
Im a vietnam war era veteran and no one sent me kava either.

During my tour of duty, I was stationed in Austin TX next to jman and friends. I consider that cruel and unusual punishment and borderline torture :)

Status
Not open for further replies.