What's new

Kava available in Australia

Sunset_squash67

Aus kava enthusiast
Mine shipped today, should arrive Monday...!
Nice one! Mine still hasn't shipped!

I'm curious to see how the FijiKava is...seems like they have the most high tech processing. And the most scientific approach to it all. My concern though is that the plants are only 2 years old...aren't they supposed to be 3-5 years?

On a side note, my aluball arrived today! Used it just now after a good workout. It's so handy and so much cleaner than straining!

Barryc

Yeah, initally i am trying fijikava and pauls.

Might try the 'root and pestle' mentioned earlier, when it is available.

Sunset_squash67

Aus kava enthusiast
Tried the Pauls kava tonight. Nice and light feeling over an hour with 30g in 400ml.
Will ramp it up to 50g tomorrow night.
Bula!

I just had 2 tbsp of the Paul's in the Aluball. I would like to branch out and try non Savusavu kava once I finish this and the FijiKava (whenever that arrives)

Sunset_squash67

Aus kava enthusiast
Been drinking the Wakanavu premium this week, tastes the worst so far, with best effects...why it gotta be that way :wtf:
LOL! Where did you get the wakanavu from do you have a link?

Apparently the FijiKava is no good...even though it says traditional grind it's actually micronized based on reviews. And quite weak...

Has anyone on here tried it yet?

Nodsey

Kava Enthusiast

Apparently the FijiKava is no good...even though it says traditional grind it's actually micronized based on reviews. And quite weak...

Has anyone on here tried it yet?
Yeah it's micronized, no doubt! I'm still using the Aluball though, I won't just drink it straight. It'd be weak if you followed the instructions on the pack - add 2.5g to 200 ml water! I got through 3 Aluballs, double washed, over 3 or 4 hours, and it was fine - not super strong, not too weak. I slept well, so that's good! I might dump the 3 serves into a strainer bag tonight, and smash the lot in one go, see how that pans out...

Sunset_squash67

Aus kava enthusiast
Yeah it's micronized, no doubt! I'm still using the Aluball though, I won't just drink it straight. It'd be weak if you followed the instructions on the pack - add 2.5g to 200 ml water! I got through 3 Aluballs, double washed, over 3 or 4 hours, and it was fine - not super strong, not too weak. I slept well, so that's good! I might dump the 3 serves into a strainer bag tonight, and smash the lot in one go, see how that pans out...
So did you just pack the aluball as normal? I.e. 2 tablespoons per ball?

the_wilderness

Kava Enthusiast
I emailed him direct to order as not everything is shipping out of Aus. At that stage it was just the Premium Vanuatu. Took a little while to post also.
My kilo of Fiji Kava came today and like others, I'm disappointed. It is micronized. Smells identical to their capsule product that I've had enough of, thank you. Made me a bit nauseous just smelling it. Had the Wakanavu again instead. ::tanoa::
Still think Paul's is one of the better kavas easily and quickly available in Aus at this early stage (at the discounted price, at least). Who would've thought the booze kava would come out ahead?

Sunset_squash67

Aus kava enthusiast
I emailed him direct to order as not everything is shipping out of Aus. At that stage it was just the Premium Vanuatu. Took a little while to post also.
My kilo of Fiji Kava came today and like others, I'm disappointed. It is micronized. Smells identical to their capsule product that I've had enough of, thank you. Made me a bit nauseous just smelling it. Had the Wakanavu again instead. ::tanoa::
Still think Paul's is one of the better kavas easily and quickly available in Aus at this early stage (at the discounted price, at least). Who would've thought the booze kava would come out ahead?
Ok great thanks for the info.

Such a shame with the FijiKava. And unfortunately that will be most peoples first experience with kava since they are basically the only ones advertising.

I've only tried 2 "real" kavas, the booze kava and the BiloVinaka from amazon. The booze kava was definitely more potent!

Nodsey

Kava Enthusiast
It's not that bad, but yes the smell is ingrained from emptying out those capsules! I think I'll use it as a mixer with coarser ground kavas.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Gah, that one makes me cringe a little every time I'm reminded, lol. Kava at the liquor store.

Barryc

Thanks all for the reviews.

I ended up cancelling my fijikava preorder and going in for an additional 1kg of pauls.

the_wilderness

Kava Enthusiast
Ok, I tried the Fijikava today, and I can't drink it. The effects are okay, actually, I'd say this is the same product as the reliable airport kava I used to get in from Fiji that was the old incarnation of FK. It's quite a 'creative' kava--in that I can keep working and focus well while drinking. but the taste is just too reminiscent of FK caps for me, which I made myself sick on several times with the ol toss and wash. I was drinking 50 caps then :sick:
Happy to sell on for $150 incl postage if anyone is into it. 1 kilo - 3 tbsp.

Last edited:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Ok, I tried the Fijikava today, and I can't drink it. The effects are okay, actually, I'd say this is the same product as the reliable airport kava I used to get in from Fiji that was the old incarnation of FK. It's quite a 'creative' kava--in that I can keep working and focus well while drinking. but the taste is just too reminiscent of FK caps for me, which I made myself sick on several times with the ol toss and wash. I was drinking 50 caps then :sick:
Happy to sell on for $150 incl postage if anyone is into it. 1 kilo - 3 tbsp.
Damn, you guys were having to revert to breaking open caps to get the powder?

I'm so glad they're going through with this pilot and I sincerely HOPE they find the value in kava that we do.

the_wilderness

Kava Enthusiast
Damn, you guys were having to revert to breaking open caps to get the powder?

I'm so glad they're going through with this pilot and I sincerely HOPE they find the value in kava that we do.
Desperate times, ey. Kava is the only thing I've found to help PTSD symptoms without dire consequence so yeah, resorted to breaking open large quantities of caps. Not quite as soothing a ritual as traditional prep ;)
I can tell ya it feels pretty good to have 4 kilos of powder in my kitchen cupboard now!

the_wilderness

Kava Enthusiast
On second thought, I'm happy to sell this kilo of Fijikava for $100, exactly half price, if anyone wants it in Aus. Life is too short. DM x