What's new

Kavafied - Buying from Amazon for EU delivery

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I find it interesting finding those similarities in other people on the internet!

I've started to feel like drinking kava that's mostly sedating, is maybe not what I am looking for in the end. I do love to fall asleep after I've been drinking kava, because I have some insomnia issues. But I wanna explore effects that suits me before it's time to sleep.

Must have missed the testing from the latest batch of Kelai, hopefully I will be satisfied anyways (I'm sure of that). Thanks for sharing!

Do you know any other brands that is worth a try on Amazon? There is a lot of brands I have not seen on this forum and my guess is to stay away from those.
I prefer heavy, sedative kavas too. You will probably find that anything too heady will make your insomnia worse although everyone reacts differently. What I often do is drink a balanced or slightly heady kava early on in the evening and then switch to a full heavy kava to send me to sleep. What you might want to try is first trying the heady on it's own and then if you find it too heady then mix it 50/50 or different amounts so that you have a more balanced experience without too much sedation early on in the evening. You can then follow it with some more pure heavy later on in the night if you don't feel sedated enough.

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast
I have had kava stopped that was coming through fedex but that's the UK and it was a large amount. I don't think it gets checked before it leaves the US. When I flew back from Florida with 4 or 5 kilos of kava in my suitcase there was a note inside when I got home saying that US customs had checked my luggage. Probably because they say big blocks of vacuum packed powder! But they didn't stop it.

It was not a check by TSA?

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
I prefer heavy, sedative kavas too. You will probably find that anything too heady will make your insomnia worse although everyone reacts differently. What I often do is drink a balanced or slightly heady kava early on in the evening and then switch to a full heavy kava to send me to sleep. What you might want to try is first trying the heady on it's own and then if you find it too heady then mix it 50/50 or different amounts so that you have a more balanced experience without too much sedation early on in the evening. You can then follow it with some more pure heavy later on in the night if you don't feel sedated enough.
Thanks for those tips! Seems like a really good idea to mix it with a heavy one if I find it to be too much of a heady experience. I'm going to try the heady one by itself during the day at first to see how it suits me.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Thanks for those tips! Seems like a really good idea to mix it with a heavy one if I find it to be too much of a heady experience. I'm going to try the heady one by itself during the day at first to see how it suits me.
That's a good way to do it. Get a feel for it and then if you find you don't get on with it usually you can blend it with a very heavy kava and it does come out somewhere near balanced.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Good evening Edward. As an example of this, 2 hours ago I made a 15 gram Aluball double washed of Tongan Family Reserve. It is a very heady and potent batch.

My intention was always to follow up with WoW.

But I just made a double aluball jar, I only use one ball a time now since a couple got damaged, and I used 20 grams WoW, and 10 grams of a lighter Savusavu I came across a while back.

Balancing things out with different Kavas, according to preference, works very well and in my view is actually a better experience overall.

With WoW in particular, I seem to appreciate it's profile more after a real heady one. It immediately abates any lingering anxiety, and any heady kava jitters become a pleasant underlying euphoria and stimulation.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
I find it interesting finding those similarities in other people on the internet!

I've started to feel like drinking kava that's mostly sedating, is maybe not what I am looking for in the end. I do love to fall asleep after I've been drinking kava, because I have some insomnia issues. But I wanna explore effects that suits me before it's time to sleep.

Must have missed the testing from the latest batch of Kelai, hopefully I will be satisfied anyways (I'm sure of that). Thanks for sharing!

Do you know any other brands that is worth a try on Amazon? There is a lot of brands I have not seen on this forum and my guess is to stay away from those.
I only ordered the Kavafied Tonga from Amazon.

Again, just like yourself, I perused all of the other offerings, but was dubious of their quality, seeing as like you say, barely any talk, if any, of most of them here on the forum.

There is Bestfijikava.com on Amazon, but after a very good recent experience with them, I would personally just go to them direct, which would actually be cheaper for me.

I was interested in Kavafied Supreme, which was previously available on Amazon but then not, only the Tonga last times I checked.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I only ordered the Kavafied Tonga from Amazon.

Again, just like yourself, I perused all of the other offerings, but was dubious of their quality, seeing as like you say, barely any talk, if any, of most of them here on the forum.

There is Bestfijikava.com on Amazon, but after a very good recent experience with them, I would personally just go to them direct, which would actually be cheaper for me.

I was interested in Kavafied Supreme, which was previously available on Amazon but then not, only the Tonga last times I checked.
I can vouch for Kavafied, everything is extremely high quality. I've also been to their kava bar in Florida where I picked up an alubottle and some kava including the Tongan.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
I can vouch for Kavafied, everything is extremely high quality. I've also been to their kava bar in Florida where I picked up an alubottle and some kava including the Tongan.
I find the Family Reserve to be stronger, and more transporting. I have not tried their Supreme yet which seems highly praised.

The Reserve I received is def stronger than the Choice I tried. But strength is not best always.

The Choice is lovely all the same. Not overly heady, nor noticeably sedating. I often struggled to listen to it's unique effects profile. Hope all is well with you Edward and would love to get in touch for my Pet's medicine cabinet as soon as I can justify the need lol!

Saying that, she really benefitted from the KT Savusavu so I would likely always treat her with another course or two of that if it became available. We care about Val the Greyhound deeply indeed, best meds only ideally.

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
Update on my experience with shipping times from US to Europe.
My Nakamal package have spent two weeks traveling from the east to west cost in the US, hopefully it's now on it's way over the atlantic ocean. Can't remember that I've had packages pass NYC on it's way to Europe before.
Last update on my Real Kava package was 30th August, at Los Angeles International Distribution Center, after two weeks of traveling from Hawaii. Hopefully this package has also left the US by now, because it seems like all my orders from the US spend 90% of their traveling time inside the US.

:pompus:

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast
My Nakamal package have spent two weeks traveling from the east to west cost in the US, hopefully it's now on it's way over the atlantic ocean. Can't remember that I've had packages pass NYC on it's way to Europe before.
Last update on my Real Kava package was 30th August, at Los Angeles International Distribution Center, after two weeks of traveling from Hawaii. Hopefully this package has also left the US by now, because it seems like all my orders from the US spend 90% of their traveling time inside the US.

They might have sent it by boat from hawaii to los angeles

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast

So my new friend here, as @Henry will likely have already been notified, today my 2kg's kelai tea arrived hassle free at my UK door, exactly 2 weeks and 3 days.

Thank you so much again Henry for brilliant service and everything you do and contribute here.

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
My package was updated as dispatched from an Los Angeles airport 31th of August. But today I got an updated that it arrived at the same airport.. haha. I'm starting to miss having kava at home.

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast
I have order 2 bags of kava from amazon, it was kavafied.

They use UPS
And they have split the order in 2 i will get 1 bag today and another on friday.

I did make my order last sunday

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
I have order 2 bags of kava from amazon, it was kavafied.

They use UPS
And they have split the order in 2 i will get 1 bag today and another on friday.

I did make my order last sunday
Last Sunday as 6th of August? That's fast. I was looking at buying from Amazon this Tuesday, but the shipping time was two weeks. As I needed it for my pet, I ended up buying from Edward instead.

I might have jinxed it by saying that I have not had any customs trouble. Seems like my Nakamal@home is stuck, I was looking forward getting it before the weekend!

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast
Last Sunday as 6th of August? That's fast. I was looking at buying from Amazon this Tuesday, but the shipping time was two weeks. As I needed it for my pet, I ended up buying from Edward instead.

I might have jinxed it by saying that I have not had any customs trouble. Seems like my Nakamal@home is stuck, I was looking forward getting it before the weekend!
I made order the 6th and it was shipped 8 and 9 August I did choose fast shipping

ObiWan

May the Brew be with you
I ordered Kavafied from Amazon for delivery to Germany, because the Amazon shop stated that this would be possible.
Just got a phone call from UPS Germay. The German Customs denies the import. The package will either be destroyed or send back to the sender. The last case requires the sender to agree. I hope the Amazon support will cooperate.

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast
I ordered Kavafied from Amazon for delivery to Germany, because the Amazon shop stated that this would be possible.
Just got a phone call from UPS Germay. The German Customs denies the import. The package will either be destroyed or send back to the sender. The last case requires the sender to agree. I hope the Amazon support will cooperate.
Did they give you a reason why they denied import?

ObiWan

May the Brew be with you
The usual explanation.
The customs itself has no authority to decide. In case they have a suspect that the item could be illegal for import, they contact the local health authority. In this case it is "Gesundheitsamt" in Cologne, because the package arrived at airport Cologne. The legal situation in Germany is clear - Kava is not importable. So there is no need to wait for their decision. Once the Kava is seized by Customs, it is lost.