What's new

New 11 Year Waka (Micronized)

resiak

Kava Curious
NZDude. Those in the know say the grind is grittier than the powder like stuff from GHK. Whoever the wholesaler is that sells this Kava does not have the technique that GHK has honed down over the years. Anyway, Resiak getting sick has just raised a red flag for the rest of us. It would give me peace of mind if I could see some test results. Sorry guys, but as I mentioned earlier, I'm gun shy after the last batch of testing results.
I'm on it, I'll post results in the AM.

Just to see if it was a coincidence or not I am trying the 11 year waka unstrained again tonight. I do have a somewhat of a sensitive stomach so...

resiak

Kava Curious
NZDude. Those in the know say the grind is grittier than the powder like stuff from GHK. Whoever the wholesaler is that sells this Kava does not have the technique that GHK has honed down over the years. Anyway, Resiak getting sick has just raised a red flag for the rest of us. It would give me peace of mind if I could see some test results. Sorry guys, but as I mentioned earlier, I'm gun shy after the last batch of testing results.
Just finished reading the thread and I see Deleted User is already testing..oops guess I just waisted a bit of kava lol. I'll post results anyway.

resiak

Kava Curious
I'm a little bummed out though. I bought this micro so I could join in on the recipe creation. Darn it!

I guess I can still make them with strained kava?

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I'm a little bummed out though. I bought this micro so I could join in on the recipe creation. Darn it!

I guess I can still make them with strained kava?
I'm not giving out medical advice, but IMO go for it. I just bought 2 Lbs myself, and I would love to know if you come up with a good recipe.

resiak

Kava Curious
Well the kava has settled quickly. I will still post a pic in the AM but here's how its looking currently.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Hedgie, you know I was joking about the Zombie thing, right? I take it all back if you were offended. I do have a tendency to take "jokes" a little to far and my wife is never hesitant to remind me. :banghead: Please forgive me. Chris, you cannot post your results because you are a vendor. Deleted User is working behind the scenes and he will post his findings. To the rest of the members, I apologize for throwing gasoline on the fire. Mea Culpa.
No worries, we love you man!!
I'm curious, why can't Chris post his results??? ::confused2::
::hugsmiley::

D

Deleted User01

Hmm, that test looks a little brownish. Man, and I was that close to ordering the Micronized Fijian. Except that it has Makas. I really thought that Privately Owned Island was like Fantasy Island. What a disappointment to find that it’s more like the Island of Dr. Moreau. What say you Frosty the Zombie Snowman?
::frosty:: Don’t talk bad about Dr. Moreau, he was like a father to me.
"And where is the Island Frosty?"
::frosty:: No Comment.
::ricky:: Hey, has anyone seen little Ricky? I can't find him anywhere?
::frosty:: More importantly, where is Deleted User01's Mother in Law. You gots to love a female with a healthy appetite. :hungry:

Oh Snap! Gotta go folks. Javitaaaaaa, you have a lot of susplaning to do!!!! :eek:

D

Deleted User01

::frosty:: Pssst, guys. Little Ricky and Javita are playing monopoly in the basement. She already ate anyway, that's one less stray cat in the garden. I luv pullin' JMans chain, it's like taking candy from a baby. :D Hmmmm, babies. :hungry:

D

Deleted User01

@Resniak. That ain't exactly light yellow but like the Nene it does differ from Deleted User's sample. Maybe you could send a sample of your batch to Deleted User? I wished the vendors would put batch numbers on their packaging.

violet

Do all things with love
Also, I think it is a little difficult to judge actual color without having known controls to compare it to at the same time (a true noble and a known tudei). I think samples should also be placed in front of a white background in order to be able to judge the color as true as possible with the naked eye. I recall when I performed a simple acetone test on some Fijian (not BKH) I called it "okay." But the reality is that compared to a true noble the "yellow" Fijian was clearly adulterated.

resiak

Kava Curious
Also, I think it is a little difficult to judge actual color without having known controls to compare it to at the same time (a true noble and a known tudei). I think samples should also be placed in front of a white background in order to be able to judge the color as true as possible with the naked eye. I recall when I performed a simple acetone test on some Fijian (not BKH) I called it "okay." But the reality is that compared to a true noble the "yellow" Fijian was clearly adulterated.
Tonight I will be testing a known noble (boroguru) and a tudei (koniak). I will take the picture with my good camera rather then my cell phone and will use a white background.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Well the thing for me is that when I drink wine I can get a good Cabernet or a good Pinot Noir. But there are also tons of other wines out there that are blends of various grapes. We went out to a restaurant last night and on their wine list they served a red wine called ménage à trois (I kid you not). It was a blend of Merlot, Pinot and Cabernet.

So my point being, I don't think it's always correct to categorize a "product" that vendors sell to be either simply noble or tudei. It very possibly could be a blend of the two. Or it could even be a blend of only noble strains or any combination of cultivars out there. I am very happy that there is simple way to test the presence of a tudei strain, but I hope it won't be too much of a stretch to somehow refine the test somehow to check for how much tudei a product contains. That would help me tremendously knowing what cultivars are contained in a product and also to what degree.