What's new

New 11 Year Waka (Micronized)

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
Well @shakas unless you believe the mythos that kava was propagated by the sacrifice of a native couples young girl to the arrival of a great king and that kava grew from the very spot of that sacrifice in order to prove that even through hardship humans can persevere. Then they offered the plant grown out of human flesh and soil to the king; named it kava after the name of their own sacrificed daughter and went on their merry way your theory's as good as mine. :ROFLMAO:
The origins of kava remain a mystery but at least I know the who, partially where and why. ::confused2::

Last edited:

Robert

Kava Curious
This kava seems to be very strong, personally I haven't had stomach issues with it yet, but have been horribly sluggish day in and day out, I guess the test results are pretty clear, however I still want a bit of clarification, it's generally known as a tudei now? I going at it hoping for different results, it's VERY high quality, but my energy levels are greatly depleted suddenly. Looks like the tudei nature may be the culprit. That is what the test results showed right? Really missing the euphoric melo melo.

blindy107

Kava Lover
I haven't noticed any energy problems the next day. The night i drink it for sure but it doesn't seem to carry over. no probs with dermo either and i don't strain. So this is a full on tudei or is it possibly a blend? i just got 2lbs....:(

i guess if i feel ok it shouldn't be an issue....i love it!

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
been away for a bit, this is an interesting development. I think that explains my experience with it, which wasn't a negative one please don't get me wrong, just more intense than most kavas i've been drinking lately. Jury's still out for me on this one. Still a big fan of BKH I'll say that.

Has anyone talked about the possible percentage of Noble to Tudei that something like this may contain? Sorry if this has already been covered just haven't had much time lately to delve deeper into the forums. Thanks in advance y'all!

blindy107

Kava Lover
Yeah i guess it does make sense. this stuff knocks my socks off for sure. that is a shame. i also still adore BKH. nothing but awesome service!

Robert

Kava Curious
Just as an update, I've been getting much better results from this, at the time I was testing it I was taking loads of other stuff,lots of coffee, racetams, modafinil that kind of stuff. And gave myself a really bad case of adrenal fatigue, worse than usual, didn't help that I was not eating regularly and spooning super strong kava down my throat all day. So now I see this kava isn't so bad, it's different for sure, it doesn't have as much of the uplifting effects I usually get from most kava, and in fact this is the only kind that doesn't keep me up at night.
So even though the test results show it's tudei, I don't feel 100% at all that it is, I just ordered more. Also find it interesting that halfway through my melo melo bag I'm breaking out into uncomfortable dermopathy, this 11 year had zero of that. I think it's a decent kava, will report on the second bag.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Yeah i guess it does make sense. this stuff knocks my socks off for sure. that is a shame. i also still adore BKH. nothing but awesome service!
Stuff is 100% noble. If you like it, and want to only drink noble kava, keep drinking. Effects are caused by kava chemotype, this kava has a noble chemotype. It is also very low in flavokavains. Chemotype and flavokavain levels are what tells you if a kava is noble or tudei. Acteone test can only confirm this. Unfortunately in this case, the acetone test gave an incorrect result. @TidyMinion

D

Deleted User01

Bummer, bad coincidence that both the Acetone test and the Colorimeter test have given an incorrect result for that particular Kava. @Deleted User, do you think it needs to be tested again? Also, how do you know if a kava is low in Flavokavains like Judd said. @Judd Rench where can I get those kinds of test results like the ones you got? I would love to have every vendor test their Kavas like you did. Is there a simple test similar to the Acetone test?

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Bummer, bad coincidence that both the Acetone test and the Colorimeter test have given an incorrect result for that particular Kava. @Deleted User, do you think it needs to be tested again? Also, how do you know if a kava is low in Flavokavains like Judd said. @Judd Rench where can I get those kinds of test results like the ones you got? I would love to have every vendor test their Kavas like you did. Is there a simple test similar to the Acetone test?
You could retest it, but you'd get the same result. The 11 Year Waka is amber/orange on the test. It's been done multiple times. It's actually not a bummer at all as it means that if you only want to drink noble kava, you still have an awesome and very unique choice.

Flavokavains are tested for at Dr. Lebot's lab at Vanuatu Agriculture and are given a flavokavain to kavalactone ratio. Basically, anything under a 1.00 gets the "noble" stamp from the lab. This Waka tests .3xx, which is VERY low, lowest I've seen. The lab accepts large batches of samples from vendors, I'm not sure if they'd do the same for every kava drinker that wants to send them samples. There is also a US lab working on duplicating the test as I type, which will be much more convenient for some vendors, although I know for certain they will not offer the service to 'Joe Kava Drinker.' All the more important to make sure people buy kava from vendors who test their kava for not only flavokavains and kavalactones, but more importantly, for proven killers such as microbiological contaminants and heavy metals.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Stuff is 100% noble. If you like it, and want to only drink noble kava, keep drinking.....
This is good news (for me at least). I'm slightly biased about 11 year old though, because I've been using the micro for 4 weeks straight now. Other than the third eye I have grown, I have not experienced any of the symptoms that are normally associated with tudei kava (including my own personal experience with some Hawaiian ISA I've tried). ::happyshell::

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer
Ok, we all know that 11 Year Waka test orange.

In another thread here, Tyler has posted a Vanuatu COA which he claims is for this exact same kava. But strangely, this landmark "false positive" isn't noted on the Vanuatu COA - instead, the test says "yellow"! I would have thought that if this kava were an exception to the rule, and if Vanuatu was only using the acetone test to confirm results and further colorimetric research as you and Tyler state, this would have been a very noteworthy COA.

It is not my intent to be offensive, but I don't know how else to put this - what's going on here? I know that our (or at least my) perception of what constitutes "orange" is in line with Vanuatu standards, I've confirmed this personally and objectively.

So, why does Vanuatu say it tests yellow, when we all know it does not?

Judd you should leave off going on about the 11 Year old and get BKH's varieties of kava root powder sorted as you've said you'll try to with melo melo.
Let's see some good BKH coming in at or under 575.0 ±0.5nm and then we'll talk about this one product..

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Ok, we all know agree that 11 Year Waka tests orange.

In another thread here, Tyler has posted a Vanuatu COA which he claims is for this exact same kava. But strangely, this landmark "false positive" isn't noted on the Vanuatu COA - instead, the test says "yellow"! I would have thought that if this kava were an exception to the rule, and if Vanuatu was only using the acetone test to confirm results and further colorimetric research as you and Tyler state, this would have been a very noteworthy COA.

It is not my intent to be offensive, but I don't know how else to put this - what's going on here? I know that our (or at least my) perception of what constitutes "orange" is in line with Vanuatu standards, I've confirmed this personally and objectively.

So, why does Vanuatu say it tests yellow, when we all know it does not?

Lol. Always an objection, no matter how much proof I have. There really is no winning is there? Let's try, I don't know why, but let's try.

The man's lab, who everyone quotes as the leading kava expert, stamped 11 Year Waka as NOBLE!!! PERIOD!!! Why does the Van test say, "Yellow" I really don't know. Maybe you should be asking them. All speculation here, but maybe they do the FK/KL test first and since every kava they've tested that shows under 1.00 FK/KL ratio has always been yellow, the tech just assumed it would be yellow and didn't test to save time. Or, this kava takes almost a week to settle in acetone. After even about 24 hours, it still looks yellow. Maybe they just didn't let it settle. What I do know is that a specifically known, quantifiable substance was tested for and showed noble levels. Furthermore, NO KAVA WITH A NOBLE CHEMOTYPE, AS THIS ONE HAS, HAS EVER TESTED AS A TUDEI USING FK/KL RATIO.

I have a second sample sent in because we test all of our kava. I don't know why I would post the results here considering the response, but they will be made public. In the meantime, if you have any questions, I'd love to talk to you personally. I'm alwasys available at [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Judd you should leave off going on about the 11 Year old and get BKH's varieties of kava root powder sorted as you've said you'll try to with melo melo.
Let's see some good BKH coming in at or under 575.0 ±0.5nm and then we'll talk about this one product..
All kava is being tested. I'm more interested in it coming in under 1.00 FK/KL, since those are the numbers that lebot's acetone test attempts to confirm. Since we have the means, we prefer to test for known substances. I'm waiting on a ton of results right now. I do have a shipment that will probably arrive today that should be 100% Borogu, and 100% Melo Melo.