What's new

New 11 Year Waka (Micronized)

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
No, apparently you don't know exactly what's coming. There is nothing I would like better than for all your reviews to be wonderful, and for you to sell a ton of kava every day. This isn't a matter of "questioning your integrity", and if you have to ask me not to, perhaps you should do your own questioning.

And on the topic of integrity, basically you are coming here telling us that you have an exception to the acetone test, that the test is not valid, and that either Vanuatu is not aware of this fact or too lazy to notice it. Your statements about this kava question the integrity of many; Dr. Lebot, Vanuatu lab, myself, and anyone who places a shred of faith in the acetone test.

11 Year Waka does not start yellow and then settle out orange, it starts out cloudy orange/brown and settles out brilliant orange. If it is in fact the "smoking gun" that renders the acetone test invalid, I need to hear that from someone other than the vendor of that kava. It's that simple.

Garry
/rant
Way to turn it around on me. Like I said, I've never given anyone here any reason to question my integrity. I care about my products and customers, which is why I've gathered these test. The test says noble. Like I said, I have no idea why they wrote "yellow". Don't try to make this seem like I'm putting down anyone in Vanuatu. I'm just saying that the recorded "yellow" is incorrect.

I think the acetone test shows some interesting results, and is pretty consistent, but you won't admit that it, and your adulteration theory may not be 100%. I know it's not 100% which is why I prefer to look at known substances like flavokavains and kavalactones. This is what complete science is. You said privately to me that you don't even know if you're results show adulteration, or just a single cultivar kava that is higher in whatever substance causes the color change. Why would I take the acetone test over quantifiable amounts of known substances. I'll opt for complete science that incomplete qualitative science only attempts to confirm.

I'm doing everything I can to show what I sell. I'm testing because it's good for my customers, and they will appreciate those tests, and because I have integrity. I would never falsify results. If customers don't believe my tests, they are free to send them in themselves. You can buy at bag a bulakavahouse.com. Send me an email and I'll reply with the contact info at the lab.

Judd

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
....I'm doing everything I can to show what I sell. I'm testing because it's good for my customers, and they will appreciate those tests, and because I have integrity. I would never falsify results. If customers don't believe my tests, they are free to send them in themselves.....
Will you be posting your test results here (this site), or only yours? (just curious) ::happyshell::

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Will you be posting your test results here (this site), or only yours? (just curious) ::happyshell::
I would normally say, "sure", but considering I'll get responses that simply aim to discredit them, I don't know that makes much sense. They'll definitely be available on my website, and likely blogged about.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Yes, the acetone test already has one mystery molecule. We don't need another. Because you have an acceptable range of hues for what you deem noble, it's pretty clear that whatever causes the color change in acetone can also be present in non-tudei kava, just in much smaller quantities. Hence the cutoff point between "noble" and "possibly adulterated".

As for my Melo Melo, I'm addressing it personally. I'm willing to put my guarantee on the purity of the 11 Year Waka I'm currently selling. That's why I'm posting about it publicly. I'm not ready to make that guarantee about Melo Melo.

D

Deleted User01

@Judd Rench, did the Kava testers issue you some kind of certificate of Nobility that you could post here? That would be most helpful in resolving all the questions.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Also, everybody keeps forgetting that a kava with a noble chemotype, such as this, has never tested to be a tudei when testing for an identified substance. The FK/KL ratio is consistent with chemotype. There's way more info that comes from complete science, anecdotal as well, that says this is noble than tudei.

D

Deleted User01

I hate to belabor the point but I was just asking if the Kava was tested and certified in some way. But I think I see my error. The 11 year old is from Fiji and was not subject to testing by the Vanuatuan Authorities. However, you must have some kind of Certificate or document since you know the FK/KL ratio and the chemotype. If you could post that, then its end of argument. This kava science thing is complicated and it takes a special lab to compute those kinds of statistics. Again, I apologize for being "pesky" but I'm very interested in how we can test what we put into our bodies on a daily basis. (Aw sweet kava giver of sleep and relaxation, how I long for you).

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
I hate to belabor the point but I was just asking if the Kava was tested and certified in some way. But I think I see my error. The 11 year old is from Fiji and was not subject to testing by the Vanuatuan Authorities. However, you must have some kind of Certificate or document since you know the FK/KL ratio and the chemotype. If you could post that, then its end of argument. This kava science thing is complicated and it takes a special lab to compute those kinds of statistics. Again, I apologize for being "pesky" but I'm very interested in how we can test what we put into our bodies on a daily basis. (Aw sweet kava giver of sleep and relaxation, how I long for you).
Problem is, it won't be end of argument. I do have the summary CoA issued by Vanuatu Ag, along with the specific FK/KL ratio numbers from their testing. Unfortunately, the technician, for whatever reason, recorded "yellow" on the qualitative test results, when it's actually orange. Certain people are looking for a reason to discredit it, so they'll jump on that, as they've been doing. Even if it was recorded correctly as "orange", someone would no doubt find something to question. This has been proven over and over. Tyler from the AKA has the results as well. I think he posted them on a thread about Kava Chocolate. If you find that doc, the Waka is the second to last sample tested. I don't have them saved on the pc I'm currently using, so if you need me to post them it will be a while.

D

Deleted User01

With all due respect, I don't care about what Tyler says or has, please post what you have. Sorry, I just want the bottom line. Please post them in this thread for all to see. Thank you.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
With all due respect, I don't care about what Tyler says or has, please post what you have. Sorry, I just want the bottom line. Please post them in this thread for all to see. Thank you.
It's the same result, but I'll try to get around to posting it later.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
I don't know why this is so difficult to understand. I'm not looking for a "reason to discredit" your COA, it's right there staring at me. You're literally saying, "Here, the FK/KL ratio is noble, it says so right here. And don't pay any attention to that "yellow" result in the qualitative test column, we know that's that's wrong - but the rest is right!"...

Think about it - if a lab can't accurately reproduce a simple test that you, me, and several others have done, why should I trust their HPTLC results? And why should you?
Oh, so you're saying that you don't trust Dr. Lebot's lab in Vanuatu. Well that's another story. I am waiting for results from a second test in an attempt to figure out what the deal is, but I guess that will do little since now we're apparently questioning the general ability of the lab to produce reliable results.

The FK/KL ratio is consistent with chemotype, geographical evidence, and anecdotal evidence for this kava. Your test results are the outliers here. I think the lab in Vanuatu simply made a mistake in recording the result as yellow. Maybe in the name of science you should be open to the possibility that you have a false positive here, instead of looking for every possibility to prove that you don't.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Once again being called untrustworthy. Send a sample in yourself.
You're not fooling anyone when you say you don't care if the acetone test proves to be trustworthy.
Anyway, when someone else asks why vendors don't participate more refer to this and so many other interactions. When we do, we are questioned because we have a "vested interest." Next time just come out and say that you think I'm lying. Smh. Goodbye forums.

C

Cosler

FIRST POST!!! Just have to say, and I am quite the experienced psychonaut (and recreational psychoactive enthusiast) but the 11 year Waka is very, very good. Accidentally took about 8 grams about 3-4 hours ago and I swear I'm still floating, well stumbling is the more honest word. Regardless, I feel good. This is a high quality product and it's cheaper than going to KavaSutra in Denver or Boulder or any of the locations in Florida. It's just so crazy to me that the best Kava experience I've had was on a hung over morning in my own kitchen! BKH is where it's at. The Instant Powder with warm apple cider is the most pleasurable combination. Try it out, I promise you won't be disappointed.