What's new

New 11 Year Waka (Micronized)

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
I just read Chris's complete post and Dr. Lebot told Chris that he did not test your Kava because he is under "contract" on another project. Chris said he talked to him yesterday whatever Lebot told him should be right and up to date.
The 11 Year Waka was tested at the Trade Ministry lab.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hey Chris, can you get Dr. Lebot to make a guest appearance and clear this all up. It's time to "wrap it up".
I wish he would but experts like him are too busy and are bound by contracts in some cases, I am sure he would like to but I don't think he can. The best we can hope for is to let Deleted User do his stuff because Dr. Lebot is always reviewing and checking his methodology and results. As Deleted User said he is in contact with him on these matters so he cam make sure that things are correct.
Dr. Lebot is also creating a standard for this acetone test so that this standard can be used all over the world and get the same results. As Judd said even HPLC can give a variation depending on the standard you use. This is all new and exciting, remember not long ago 95% of the people did not know that Tudei kava was being mixed with the Noble kava in Vanuatu. I also want to make one point clear. Judd said this mixing is being done by the middleman and not the farmer, that is not true, it is done by the farmer first and then also by some middlemen. This has been documented and is a known fact. Aloha.

Chris

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Yes, if you add or subtract from the numbers which determine the chemotype, it changes. That's all you really said, so unless you are trying to disqualify chemotype (which would be kind of like sawing off your own leg), this is blatantly obvious. But I don't think quoting a chemotype and then juggling the numbers is a good way to represent a lab test.

And yes, different parts of the same plant vary too, but I assume you are sending ground powder, and not specific parts. The variance between root and rootstock is not significant, and other parts should not be in there anyway, lol.

So here's a math problem: Get from the first chemotype to the second without changing any number more than 0.2. And bear in mind this is a significant difference, one would hope that the lab has a better resolution than this!

I am saying that a little variance is totally normal and may provide a different chemotype sometimes. Every actual kava experts know this.

With regard to plant parts. There are lateral roots and basal stump that make up the usable root for kava. These different parts will vary in kavalactone percentages.

You completely ignored the idea that exact cultivar is very difficult in Fiji, and that a test 25 or more years ago may be less valid now. Of course, that doesn't support your argument so why would you address that?

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
For god's sake people! I've done everything I can. More than any other vendor. The tests are all there, more tests have been sent, and I'll keep sending. What more can I do? If you don't agree with them or doubt their authenticity, send in your own.

D

Deleted User01

I hate to say it but we are spinning our wheels. I printed out Tyler's test results and there is no customer name or Kava name. If someone were to post a new COA with your Kava name on it then someone could easily say that the kava tested was not yours. So nothing resolved. As I stated earlier, I believe in Deleted User's test and you have the right to claim that your 11 year old is the exception and cannot be judged in that manner. I for one appreciate you taking time from your busy schedule to post what you know. Thanks.