What's new

New here!

neeko b

Kava Curious
Welcome! For me, the type of Kava really matters and I had to experiment before I found ones that work for my body. Personally, Kavafied Bati and GHK Moi and Mahakea are my favs. Kalm with Kava sells some sample packs that are nice for experimenting. I usually take between 15-30 grams, blender method. Grateful for the Kava.

I love a good grog after a big day snowboarding! Lots of pow in the northeast lately.

Cheers

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Welcome :)
I myself suffer from Anxiety and panic attacks and was prescribed Diazepam and propranolol. I’ve now stopped taking Diazepam and have replaced it with Kava. The effect is very similar so you’ll feel good.
Like Chris said, don’t take Kava pills...try medium grind Nobel or instant kava. Try to get good kava. You can get lots of info about kava vendors here. I hope everything goes well and you can one day replace the Xanax with Kava ...all the best :)
I assumed the xanax may have just started in which case could potentially be sidestepped hopefully with some REAL Kava like wise people have already encouraged.

It's almost a shame that profiteerers have jumped on kava and market inneffective shitty capsules.

Artofkava

Jacksonville, FL
Kava Vendor
Hi everyone!
I found this after looking into a recommendation from a friend to try the Gaia kava. I have bad anxiety and get panic attacks. I have been prescribed Xanax for those attacks but I do not like knowing I’m taking a pharmaceutical to feel better.

I am also quite sensitive to meds so anything I take, I take a low dose. With that being said, what would you recommend I buy and how much should I take to get a good result from using kava when I’m having a panic attack?

Many thanks in advance for any feedback y’all can give me!

A
Hey! Welcome!!

As far as dosing in relation to panic attacks. Try some sample packs of different kavas from different places when youre not having issues. Find one you like that has the effects you think will help. Koro island kava works for me very quickly. I use 32 grams for 20oz water. Blend for 4 minutes, strain and chug. Others like pu u o ku (im horrible as spelling this) ranch hiwa fresh frozen is good as well. The info in prev posts about kava pills are very accurate.

It depends on how fast your panic attacks come on and how. If u make liter for example, itll keep in the fridge usually 2 to 3 days with effects diminishing a little the first 2 days and quite a bit the 3rd. That way if u have one u can have it on hand. It takes about 4 minutes to blend and 2 to 5 min to strain depending on what ur using. If u need it right away, having on ha d is the way to go. As im talking about this.....pre prep and freezing it in ice cube form may keep it longer woth effects lasting. Havent tested but will. If u do id like to hear what u think. In theory ud just blend with some coconut milk. I dont think chugging is advisable tho bc brain freeze heh.

Hope this helps. Panic attacks are horrible.

Best

Zac H

Art of Kava