What's new

I love Kava New here

BourbonMac

I like herbs
Just introducing myself. I'm a relatively new kava user and have found the subreddit can be full of some not so great people. I figure a forum dedicated to the stuff would probably be a more reliable place to learn more about kava and just generally talk about it. I have chronic tinnitus and found that for whatever reason, as long as I'm using kava, it's so much reduced. What caused it is unknown and possibly allergy or sinus related. It developed nearly 2 years ago and last year after sinus surgery it went away completely for a few months, and often Benadryl or Flonase will reduce it. Nothing reduces it as much as kava, though.

Anyway, nice to meet you all. Looking forward to discussing kava and asking some questions about it.
Also are there any themes aside from light and dark on here? I couldn't find one in account settings but I can check again later, on a bit of a tight schedule atm.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Just introducing myself. I'm a relatively new kava user and have found the subreddit can be full of some not so great people. I figure a forum dedicated to the stuff would probably be a more reliable place to learn more about kava and just generally talk about it. I have chronic tinnitus and found that for whatever reason, as long as I'm using kava, it's so much reduced. What caused it is unknown and possibly allergy or sinus related. It developed nearly 2 years ago and last year after sinus surgery it went away completely for a few months, and often Benadryl or Flonase will reduce it. Nothing reduces it as much as kava, though.

Anyway, nice to meet you all. Looking forward to discussing kava and asking some questions about it.
Also are there any themes aside from light and dark on here? I couldn't find one in account settings but I can check again later, on a bit of a tight schedule atm.
Welcome! Glad to have you with us.

On the themes there's dark and light, and you can change the background and layout with
1675809248312.png
this button

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector

Welcome also.
You have come to the right place with regards to an online forum
which can help you understand everything about this marvelous
plant!

KavaTasteGood

Kava Curious
Quite new in kava consumption like you! But your report is quite interesting. Not an expert of the subject, but tinnitus can be caused by lots of stuffs. Sometimes sadly there is no treatment but ginkgo biloba and acceptance. For the worst case, anxiolytics. The problem is that valium and others analogs should be used no more than a few weeks/months or tolerance and dependance can creep in. That kava may impact tinnitus in a good way should definitely be known more :) Does kava help your tinnitus consistently?

Wish you the best!

BourbonMac

I like herbs
Yes it does. I believe I should be able to get rid of it entirely at some point. If it could go away for months it should be able to go away again, and the fact that stuff like Flonase or Benadryl help tells me something (hot showers too). But kava while I'm taking it results in consistently better days.

BourbonMac

I like herbs
Welcome! Glad to have you with us.

On the themes there's dark and light, and you can change the background and layout with View attachment 12893 this button
I found this but I didn't know if you could make the border around the forums not white, I'm very sensitive to bright white like that. I use night reader for most sites but it doesn't fix it here. I suppose it's not a huge deal though as I can just zoom in with the touchpad on my laptop while reading threads and such. If I turn on light mode and use night reader then the forums become black rather than a darker grey which is nice at least.