What's new

New Review Tool

Do you find The Kava Review Tool Useful

• Total voters

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
@HeadHodge - I'm using an Apple MacBook Pro laptop - Yosemite is the newest version of Safari, the OS.

I just wanted to adjust the width of each column, a la Excel style, nothing fancy. I read the instructions once and depended on the form to be intuitive. maybe the columns are
not supposed to be easily adjustable. I haven't gone back and checked. Yup, that's how I am.
That said, I have a background in technical writing. I'd be glad to edit and whittle down the instructions if you'd like.

Mobile is tricky - so many different platforms and versions of those platforms.
Thanks for the reply.
Are you trying to adjust the columns before or after you search?
If your doing it after you search, I noticed that is causing really poor performance depending on which browser is used.
Anyways if you don't mind, could you try adjusting your columns 'before' you search please??
Thanks

Bwiggy

I like plants
@HeadHodge - I did a new search, rearranged some columns, and I found I didn't care any more about the col widths.

I did find I wished the reviews had dates.

Pretty amazing tool!!!! Thanks so much!

Bwiggy

I like plants
@Kapmcrunk thanks for the social links!!
Sometimes those social icons/links are place on the website in the footer or header area...
Ima find you on the Twitters.
There's 30 Followers! 30!

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
@HeadHodge - I did a new search, rearranged some columns, and I found I didn't care any more about the col widths.

I did find I wished the reviews had dates.

Pretty amazing tool!!!! Thanks so much!
Review Dates added to my todo. Thanks!!

I don't have Safari to test with, so even if it doesn't matter, I'm dying to know if you can re size columns better before you search than afterwards.

I will definitely take you up on some tech doc work, if you are willing. (y)

Bwiggy

I like plants
@HeadHodge
re: re sizing columns better BEFORE you search:
nope! Well, 1/100 of an inch at a time.

Re: tech doc work, if you are willing:
Yes!
I would start with the full instructions.
I think I'll just copy everything from earlier in this thread and paste into a new post. Please make any edits or adjustments if needed. I'll edit from complete instructions

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Hi,

I continue to suck at UI, but I keep trying. :)

I've installed a new version of The Review Filter.

It has some UI tweaks and includes @Bwiggy's Help text that she was so kind to provide.

I've tested with the latest browser versions Chrome, IE, Firefox, and iOS.

iPhones require iOS v7 or higher. (I used a service for testing and was unable to test with a 'real' iPhone)

Please let me know if you have problems or suggestions.

BULA

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Hey @shakas,

Don't know if you have the time.... I changed the UI so you can resize the left search column by dragging on the separator line. I couldn't really test the iphone fully, and it would be nice to know if you can do that on your phone. Maybe try on your home computer first so you know what to expect.

Thanks Much
::chugger::

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
works on computer, nice update. iPhone doesn't do it, I'm not sure if touch screens can do that....or maybe I just don't know how

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
works on computer, nice update. iPhone doesn't do it, I'm not sure if touch screens can do that....or maybe I just don't know how
Thanks, I'll look into 'touch' commands more. I have a touch screen so if I get that working 'maybe' it will translate.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Now the only thing is to make it responsive to the screen resolution.
I've been looking into to that, but don't quite grasp the concept (probably because I do all my work on a 72" monitor mounted on the wall :)). Do you mean resize the grid as the res changes (which can be done) or change the layout as res changes ? i.e. when the res gets to a small enough point I could 'wrap' the grid so that each row is vertical (instead of horizontal).

Is there a page on the forum that already does it the right way (for me to use as an example)?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I've been looking into to that, but don't quite grasp the concept (probably because I do all my work on a 72" monitor mounted on the wall :)). Do you mean resize the grid as the res changes (which can be done) or change the layout as res changes ? i.e. when the res gets to a small enough point I could 'wrap' the grid so that each row is vertical (instead of horizontal).

Is there a page on the forum that already does it the right way (for me to use as an example)?
I'm not sure if you have access to the "Appearance" portion of the admin screen, but if you look in "Page_container" you should see coding that makes the entire site responsive. What I mean is to resize the grid when someone has the page not set to full screen.

Edit: Just checked and you should have permission to view that in the admin panel.

It would make the grid fit into the screen. This is what it does right now.

review.jpg